PDA

View Full Version : Increase subs speed submerged with config?

r4iney
03-21-07, 03:24 PM
Anyone know what lines to look for in the cfg files in the installation folder, to increase the speed of the various subs?

I recall a similar thread was made when SHIII first came out, but i can't find the lines in SHIV...

Anyone? :ping:

CrocodileDundee
03-22-07, 06:55 AM
Anyone know what lines to look for in the cfg files in the installation folder, to increase the speed of the various subs?

I recall a similar thread was made when SHIII first came out, but i can't find the lines in SHIV...

Anyone? :ping:

In SH3 you had to go to the respective sub folder and then look for the .sim file. That one could be hex edited (look for the speed of your sub coded as long). The same thing works with torps, shells, etc...

Be careful, if you increase the speed (submerged or surfaced) you'll run out of fuel faster! (that happened in SH3). You also need to change the ranges (sub/surface) (e.g. 12000mi @ 10kts -> 12000mi @ 20kts). You'll figure out. Just have the patience to look at the whole hex values, and you'll find interesting things (I managed to have the periscope in my old SH3 XXI type extending from 20m below (intially it would only extend from 14m). So everything can be done, just experiment. (make a backup copy first :lol: )

Derk
02-01-09, 02:17 PM
Do you know of any got hex editors?

peabody
02-01-09, 03:05 PM
Do you know of any got hex editors?

You don't need a hex editor to change the sim, go up to the stickys and download S3D. Then you can open the .sim and go to unit_submarine and find the max speed. The max speed is also in the sub.cfg file which can be edited with notepad.

Peabody