SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-19, 08:50 AM   #76
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Hamilton takes blame for poor qualifying performance.

Quote:
Hamilton need only finish eighth in Austin to claim a third straight drivers' championship and a sixth in all, while he will seal the title regardless of his finish if team-mate Valtteri Bottas fails to win the race.

However, with Bottas on pole after Saturday's Q3, Hamilton was frustrated he did not match his Mercedes colleague, running fifth fastest.

Given the Finn's impressive display, Hamilton acknowledged he had no excuse for finding himself on the third row of the grid.
"It's nothing to do with the car," he said. "I just didn't put the laps together today. The car had the capability to be on the front row and it was my fault."

TOP 10
Bottas
Vettel
Verstappen
Leclerc
Hamilton
Albon
Sainz
Norris
Ricciardo
Gasly
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/form...id=mailsignout

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 10:51 AM   #77
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-04-19, 03:05 PM   #78
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

First ever F1 event was awesome!

720-ish mile drive one way down to Austin, but managed to do it in ~11.5 hours on Thursday.

Thursday night, I casually bumped into Alexander Albon in the neighborhood I was staying in. So it was a pretty cool start to the weekend.

Friday morning, got to the track and watched all the support race practice sessions. The historic F1 cars had to have been my favorite.

Watched all weekend from the grass field next to Turn 1. I could see all of Turn 1 and all the way down the pit straight.

Cars sound fantastic in person, but they're definitely a lot quieter than I might have expected. But watching the practice sessions was great. Qualifying was exciting and on Race Day the track was sold out. The crowd was absolutely crazy.

I got autographs from Ross Brawn and Pierre Gasly. Got a picture with and an autograph from Antonio Giovinazzi. Just missed Kimi and Max by a few feet.

All in all, an incredible experience. Even though I don't like Lewis Hamilton, it was pretty special to be there for his championship win.

15 out of 10. Recommend very much. Will definitely be going next year and I think I might try to make it to the Canadian GP too.

Arrived back home at 0430 with just enough time to sleep a couple hours before my classes started at 0900.
Old 11-04-19, 08:09 PM   #79
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Love it, and loved it! It was a great race even if the track was bumpy, but hey, I want pro golfers to compete on municipal park courses on average maintenance days.

Lewis is latinum but I'd really like to see him in an Alfa on race day, still, he is magic.

Bummed Seb had a right rear suspension failure and I have to wonder if it was compromised at the start giving his lack of pace, and happy to see Max not pushing the boundaries. In Mexico Max did have front down force issues, just like LeClerc did in the prior race, and bumped Hamilton who wasn't going to be elbowed into the grass. Max gets away with it because nobody has to pit, or retire, with damage but there was poetic justice later.

Don't get me wrong, I like Max, he pushes the limits but he doesn't always choose the best fights.

On to Interlagos.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 06:12 AM   #80
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
First ever F1 event was awesome!

720-ish mile drive one way down to Austin, but managed to do it in ~11.5 hours on Thursday.

Thursday night, I casually bumped into Alexander Albon in the neighborhood I was staying in. So it was a pretty cool start to the weekend.

Friday morning, got to the track and watched all the support race practice sessions. The historic F1 cars had to have been my favorite.

Watched all weekend from the grass field next to Turn 1. I could see all of Turn 1 and all the way down the pit straight.

Cars sound fantastic in person, but they're definitely a lot quieter than I might have expected. But watching the practice sessions was great. Qualifying was exciting and on Race Day the track was sold out. The crowd was absolutely crazy.

I got autographs from Ross Brawn and Pierre Gasly. Got a picture with and an autograph from Antonio Giovinazzi. Just missed Kimi and Max by a few feet.

All in all, an incredible experience. Even though I don't like Lewis Hamilton, it was pretty special to be there for his championship win.

15 out of 10. Recommend very much. Will definitely be going next year and I think I might try to make it to the Canadian GP too.

Arrived back home at 0430 with just enough time to sleep a couple hours before my classes started at 0900.
That must have been one helluva experience

Old 11-06-19, 04:37 PM   #81
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
That must have been one helluva experience

I've got to say, it really was.

I'm already running the numbers for a trip to Montreal next year. Going to try to make it to two GP's in 2020.

EDIT: Do any of you guys play the Codemasters F1 games?

Last edited by Red October1984; 11-06-19 at 08:01 PM.
Red October1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 07:48 AM   #82
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Not me.

Old 04-15-20, 06:43 PM   #83
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Well I have the Codemasters F1 2019 game now although I'm not really involved in it yet. I put it into my Steam games where I'm used to Assetto Corsa and find the user interface a bit obtuse so far.

But on another note, I joined F1.com so I could watch F1 Video and get my F1 fix. I've started in the archive and am 2/3's through the 1981 season races now. It's so strange watching how completely different the stewards and marshals handle car breakdowns and wrecks then. They move the damage off of the race track under yellow flag with no safety car and the drivers just zoom past like they're not there.

1981 is the first year they have full race video of.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote