SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-11, 10:03 AM   #1126
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Yes, a solution to the lack of air attacks when over 256TC would do a huge difference in the game but sadly it seems rather difficult as already discussed here

Still I hope that we will be able to find a workaround some day there we so many things deemed impossible long ago but that we nowadays take for granted, that you can't but keep the hope
Shouldn't the fix be to extend the simulated distance around the boat? But I cannot find that parameter so I expect it is hardcoded.
rik007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 11:26 AM   #1127
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

What does Green Pepper Version mean
Obltn Strand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 01:33 PM   #1128
Adour
Swabbie

Downloads: 83

H.sie, my bad, additional mod not loaded so everything works fine now. Thanks again!

LJ
OLC's Modified Search Beams for GWX 3 / Life Boat & Debris / Wooden Life Boat Mod / H.sie's V15F3 Patch / Draft & Buoyancy / DW Fire Damage / DW Water distrurbance / Torpedo damage / WB's Fuel Economy / Waterstream & Exhaust combo / Q Ship Mod for GWX3 / Hitman GUI Beta for GWX / St Naz v4 / Thomson's Sound Pack V3.2 / RBS1_SH4 Effects
Adour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 02:01 PM   #1129
Kaleun Cook
Chief

Downloads: 25

Quote:
What does Green Pepper Version mean
It's a company selling versions of old and casual games in unspectacular green boxes for rather low prices: http://www.amazon.de/Green-Pepper-Ga...&node=16061471
Kaleun Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 02:12 PM   #1130
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Thanks, Hitman. I think, in the meantime, the new thread name is more relevant than the old one.
Yes, agree ! New name is very good !
Old 04-21-11, 04:24 AM   #1131
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik007 View Post
Shouldn't the fix be to extend the simulated distance around the boat? But I cannot find that parameter so I expect it is hardcoded.
but isnt this mod about hardcoded fixes?? I mean you may be in luck sometime in the future!

Which makes me want to ask... since these are fixes deemed impossible before, and since you've busted open the hardcode to fix these, then what kind of can of worms has just been opened?? Just for the simple breakthrough that you've made h.sie, does this mean that now you've fixed these hardcoded bugs that all kinds of the old hardcoded bugs and or non realistic paramaters can be fixed and or tweaked to the liking of modders?? Say things like the oilskins not being on when its raining sometimes, destroyers dropping depthcharges with ridiculous accuracy (Early War mainly) and being able to hide on the bottom, does your breakthrough make these things actually possible now??

Last edited by reignofdeath; 04-21-11 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-21-11, 11:56 AM   #1132
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

And i have a question about the 4gb patch, I had already added your hardcoded fixes and then heard that if I get the 4gb patch and add it that I may actually be able to run MFM without crashes. Well how do I get my sh3.exe back to its old self again?? Just change its file name to SilentHunterIII or what?? because when I ran the 4gb patch it said that the ShIII.exe was unkown (My guess is it detected it had been modified by the hardcode fixes patch) Unless the 4gb patch is included in the instalation of the latest version of the hardcode fixes?
Old 04-21-11, 12:43 PM   #1133
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Use HsieOptionsSelector to apply 4GB patch - it's included in the Patch Kit.
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 12:44 PM   #1134
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
And i have a question about the 4gb patch, I had already added your hardcoded fixes and then heard that if I get the 4gb patch and add it that I may actually be able to run MFM without crashes. Well how do I get my sh3.exe back to its old self again?? Just change its file name to SilentHunterIII or what?? because when I ran the 4gb patch it said that the ShIII.exe was unkown (My guess is it detected it had been modified by the hardcode fixes patch) Unless the 4gb patch is included in the instalation of the latest version of the hardcode fixes?
From the readme:

Quote:
It can be used by clicking on it and choosing the file or through command line (e.g.: "4gb_patch file.exe"). It automatically creates a backup copy of the original executable.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 03:26 PM   #1135
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

@USNSRCaseySmith: As SqareSteelBar wrote: use Stieblers great HSieOptionsSelector to apply the 4GB patch.

Being able to modify hardcode opens all possibilities. In my tests for a bouyancy mod I could even make the Uboat fly. Wolfpacks are possible. One can even make sh3.exe to act like a table calculation instead of a Uboat sim. All can be done now - In theory!

In practice I have to restrict on easy-to-fix realism related modifications. I won't spend any time for graphical stuff, because that's hard to do in assembler and in my opinion SH3's graphics are okay and I don't care wheather ships have long or short wakes or similar.

Without SDK and with my restricted insight into the code, I can only change a game variable (say: speed) in dependency of another variable (say: windspeed). That's possible. Other stuff is much harder to do. Automatically moving the 1WO to the bridge, for example, took 2 months.

Hope you like my fixes.
h.sie
Old 04-21-11, 04:11 PM   #1136
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Automatically moving the 1WO to the bridge, for example, took 2 months.
h.sie
Yepp, that´s was a really breakthrough in SH3 Modding !!!
Wonderful work h.sie, I would never played without your patch !!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 04-21-11, 05:38 PM   #1137
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

What a breakthrough! Amazing!!!

Unfortunately the readme, foR SOME reason, wont open . Ive downloaded 3 times but no txt program i have can run it...

Can somebody explain, in laymen terms, how to install this patch without exploding my comp. Ive finally got my mods in order and would love to add this fix on top of my mods, without creating CTDs in current game. Of course i will install in port after my current patrol.
Old 04-21-11, 05:57 PM   #1138
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvadoreno View Post
What a breakthrough! Amazing!!!

Unfortunately the readme, foR SOME reason, wont open . Ive downloaded 3 times but no txt program i have can run it...

Can somebody explain, in laymen terms, how to install this patch without exploding my comp. Ive finally got my mods in order and would love to add this fix on top of my mods, without creating CTDs in current game. Of course i will install in port after my current patrol.
Cut straight from the Readme:

Quick Manual: Patching SH3.EXE

1) Create empty Working Directory somewhere on your Disk (where you have write permission.)

2) Download latest V15_Patch-Kit archive and extract all contained files into the Working Directory.

3) Copy your original (unpatched) sh3.exe into that Working Directory.

4) Start Patch_SH3.bat. If your sh3.exe is compatible, it will be patched. Otherwise not. Before patching, the skript automatically makes a backup of your original file called sh3.old.

5) If step 4 was successful, your new sh3.exe contains ALL of the fixes!

6) Start HsieOptionsSelector.exe in order to individually enable/disable the fixes as you like. This tool also allows to apply the 4GB-Patch.

7) Install necessary additional files contained in the mod called Supplement to V15 (JSGME) using JSGME.

8) Copy patched sh3.exe back into your SH3-Installation (and store your original file sh3.old in case you don't like my work and want to reverse all changes) .

Documentation / Information

See 1st post of the Subsim-Thread
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225

See also help file HSIEoptions.chm.

Important Notes

· You MAY NOT use this patching system in order to disable any copy protection, because that is illegal. So before patching, please read the EULA of your software to find out if your sh3 version uses copy protection or not.

· This patch adds code to sh3.exe. Some Antivirus-Programs maybe don't like this.

· USE ON YOUR OWN RISK!

Credits

Many thanks to Stiebler for co-operation regarding some fixes and his comfortable HsieOptionsSelector.

Hope you like it!
h.sie

Sorry

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 06:00 PM   #1139
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
@USNSRCaseySmith: As SqareSteelBar wrote: use Stieblers great HSieOptionsSelector to apply the 4GB patch.

Being able to modify hardcode opens all possibilities. In my tests for a bouyancy mod I could even make the Uboat fly. Wolfpacks are possible. One can even make sh3.exe to act like a table calculation instead of a Uboat sim. All can be done now - In theory!

In practice I have to restrict on easy-to-fix realism related modifications. I won't spend any time for graphical stuff, because that's hard to do in assembler and in my opinion SH3's graphics are okay and I don't care wheather ships have long or short wakes or similar.

Without SDK and with my restricted insight into the code, I can only change a game variable (say: speed) in dependency of another variable (say: windspeed). That's possible. Other stuff is much harder to do. Automatically moving the 1WO to the bridge, for example, took 2 months.

Hope you like my fixes.
h.sie
Well thats good then. Heres to more success and whatever other progress you have in store for the modding of the hard code!
Old 04-21-11, 10:18 PM   #1140
panzerschutze12ss
Watch

Downloads: 638

Could it be possable to fix the lazy helmsmen bug?
panzerschutze12ss is offline   Reply With Quote