SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-22-24, 08:56 AM   #1
Markus
Watch

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default Any talk of Devs making/ selling a new version ?

Same games basically . Just updated graphics / units, weather.
Maybe add some British / Japanese subs.
Basic game wouldn't need to change much.
Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-24, 05:35 PM   #2
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95

There is a British Mod and a Japanese Mod.

5. Japanese Mod Vanilla graphics, Japanese subs perspective https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=137761
6. We dive at Dawn British sub perspective vanilla https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=170639
1Patriotofmany is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-24, 08:50 AM   #3
Markus
Watch

yes, I have the British mod and used to use it as well as FOTRSU.
Since the steam change I no longer have them.
At least unless I want to uninstall all my steam games and reinstall in another directory... too much work and it could mess up other things.
Now I play stock 1.5
Just curious if there is anything new coming down the pipes.

Thanks for the info though.

Last edited by Markus; 01-23-24 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-24-24, 03:51 AM   #4
1Patriotofmany
Commander

What steam change?
Old 01-24-24, 02:13 PM   #5
smm
The master

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
At least unless I want to uninstall all my steam games and reinstall in another directory... too much work and it could mess up other things.

I believe you can install individual games into different directories with not a huge amount of effort.. (once installed, go to properties/installed files, move files, assuming you have registered more than one possible install location).

--smm
smm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-24, 08:14 PM   #6
Markus
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
What steam change?
The whole program files thing. Or maybe it's a windows thing ? Not sure.
My mods used to work and now they don't
Wish we could just have mods available in a workshop on steam.
Old 01-24-24, 08:17 PM   #7
Markus
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm View Post
I believe you can install individual games into different directories with not a huge amount of effort.. (once installed, go to properties/installed files, move files, assuming you have registered more than one possible install location).

--smm
Hmm, I read somewhere all steam games would have to be re-installed outside of a program files directory.
Will give it a try with just WOTP. Once I finish my current career

Thanks
Old 01-25-24, 03:55 AM   #8
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Here's how I do it on both 7 and now win10 1. Install wolves of the pacific and the uboat missions from steam in Steamlibrary folder(Not the default C:windows programs!) or install on another drive other than C:
2. NEVER TOUCH THE ORIGINAL INSTALLATION AGAIN!!!!!
3. Copy everything from your steamfolder>steamapps>common>Silent Hunter wolves of the Pacific file.
4. Paste all to a new folder named for the mod you are going to install( I use a different drive than C: for the new folder since my C: is fairly small)
5. Put JSGME in the folder and run it, it will put a subfolder called mods in your folder you pasted everything into
6. Put Large Address Aware in your folder you pasted everything into and run it, make sure it's pointing to the SH4.exe in your new folder and not the original install.
7. Put Multish4 v 1.5 in the folder you pasted everything into, run it and use three letters, like for Fall of the rising sun, I use FOR. (this keeps saves seperate from other saves. The default save is SH4 in documents folder, you don;t want different mods going to the same save folder) Make sure it's pointed to the sh4.exe in your new folder and not the original install
8. Download which ever mod you want for the new named folder, follow the mods instructions!
9. Run JSGME and activate the mod.
10. Make a shortcut from your SH4.exe in the folder you pasted everything into and rename it for the mod.

Do all the above from 3. on down for every mod you want to install using the original install which remains untouched as the template . I keep separate folders for every mod I have, there's only one or two I have any crashes and it's probably because I missed something during the install of the mod. The reason not to ever touch the original install is if you mess up the installation of a mod, you just wipe the new folder you created and the corresponding save in the documents folder rather than have to wipe everything, and download the original steam installation! A lesson I learned numerous times and numerous redownloading and installing!!!!!!! DOOOOOOOH.

I have OM Darkwaters,FOTRS,We Dive at Dawn,TMO, TMOwTW, Berbster, IJN Jyunsen B mod, OM Itailian campaign 2.0 and a couple other mods. Of those I have trouble with maybe 3 occasionally. Key for me was don't install original install in the default location, make new folders for every mod using the untouched original install as a copy and paste. Yes the method I chose uses up more space than just plunking every new mod into the mod folder but I seem to have less problems and I just click on the shortcut to play another mod. Hope this helps, Most of what I learned was from the old salts here and with a little trial and error, okay a lot of trial and error and a lot of completely start overs until I realized, never touch the original install!. wooo that was a long post.
Old 03-03-24, 10:14 PM   #9
Skoaler
Watch

Downloads: 403
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
Same games basically . Just updated graphics / units, weather.
Maybe add some British / Japanese subs.
Basic game wouldn't need to change much.
If they did make a new SH6 , you wouldnt be able to mod it
Skoaler is offline   Reply With Quote