SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-12, 10:23 AM   #8791
Meldric
Officer

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Hi!

Btw, I did not take any of the strings from Ruby2000s DeutschMod, because I did not even think of it (stupid me!)... but anyhow Rubys file does contain much more Strings for the campaigns... What I did was just translate the file that is included in this Mod (NewUIs).

I also translated all strings (also the ones that were left in english in the DeutschMod). I feel that I have maybe done work again that has been done before now, but I thought of it too late...

@Ruby: If you would like to use the missing translated Strings for DeutschMod, I can send the file over...

Die Geschichte lehrt die Menschen,
dass die Geschichte die Menschen nichts lehrt.
Gandhi
Meldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-12, 10:36 PM   #8792
conradmaher
Nub

Downloads: 16
Default TDW Mod and SHV Gold version

I seem to be getting weird text boxes in the GUI upfront when I load the mod. I just bought SHV Gold edition and was trying to find out if this Mod works with the gold version or not.

I have been spending the last two days making sure I have the root folders and mods all unpacked to the right folders. I use authentic flags to make sure I am applyign mods.

I only apply the the multiple UI mod and get boxes in the center of the screen with apply cancel etc on them but when I click on them nothing happens.

Any advice?

Thanks
Con
conradmaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-12, 11:11 PM   #8793
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradmaher View Post
I seem to be getting weird text boxes in the GUI upfront when I load the mod. I just bought SHV Gold edition and was trying to find out if this Mod works with the gold version or not.

I have been spending the last two days making sure I have the root folders and mods all unpacked to the right folders. I use authentic flags to make sure I am applyign mods.

I only apply the the multiple UI mod and get boxes in the center of the screen with apply cancel etc on them but when I click on them nothing happens.

Any advice?

Thanks
Con
run the game updater to ensure you are patched to v1.2 of the game (\data\Support\gu.exe)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 09:20 PM   #8794
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Default Another option idea for the OptionsEditorViewer app

I modify the commands.cfg file for my own use of keyboard shortcuts mainly for speech recognition. I have modified keys to be similar between SH3 to SH4 to SH5 whenever possible.

Can a future version of the OptionsEditorViewer app show you a summary of all hotkeys used by multiple UIs with TDC all at once?

That way you do not open up each tab or window as it is now. Then use the dropdown menu to open up every section to find each hotkey.

Great job for making the game more fun.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 09-26-12 at 06:47 PM.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 09:41 PM   #8795
conradmaher
Nub

Thanks that seemed to be the issue

It was a bit strange since I bought SH5 gold edition from gamersgate this weekend (75% off finally got me to spring for it).

On installing it an updater program runs and says that you have the most up to date version. However when I navigated to find the gu.exe file you mentioned (it was in a different folder location for the gold version since the support folder does not exist). I ran it and found there was a new version which it updated and that fixed the issue.

Now to upload the rest of the mods and then I probably will call it a night since this has been a bit of an ordeal.

Many thanks for the help

Conrad
conradmaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 03:49 AM   #8796
navyman
Nub

Downloads: 167

I would like to make a feature request if that is possible.

I prefer using the advanced submarine control and would like to have the Depth and Speed controls with the same functionality as the Compass.
As in, hover over the control and use the mouse wheel to change the depth or speed.
A lot faster/accurate, I think anyway than trying to find the sweet spot moving the mouse a fraction at a time.

Just a suggestion of course, no problem if it's not possible.
Either way I love this mod/Ui. A fine example of what can be done or what should have been done from day one. Fantastic work is all I can say.
navyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 08:38 AM   #8797
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyman View Post
I would like to make a feature request if that is possible.

I prefer using the advanced submarine control and would like to have the Depth and Speed controls with the same functionality as the Compass.
As in, hover over the control and use the mouse wheel to change the depth or speed.
A lot faster/accurate, I think anyway than trying to find the sweet spot moving the mouse a fraction at a time.

Just a suggestion of course, no problem if it's not possible.
Either way I love this mod/Ui. A fine example of what can be done or what should have been done from day one. Fantastic work is all I can say.
What do you mean move the mouse a fraction at a time ? Just put the curser at any speed or depth and click on it .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 01:09 PM   #8798
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
What do you mean move the mouse a fraction at a time ? Just put the curser at any speed or depth and click on it .
Dear sober I think he wrote about it that I had written before.
Link to this post:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=8792
I meant when you put the mouse coursor on the bar (depth control or speed control) by scrolling increase/decrease the required value. For example scroll to 7.5kts. By clicking is not so accurate.
Have a look on this screen.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=5612

If you going to change the course you can put your coursor on the course bar (bottom right on the picture) and scroll +/- 5 degree (Shift+scroll skip by one degree). And... bo scrolling change the depth +/- 10 meters. By Shift+scrolling change the depth +/- 1 meter. Ctrl+scrolling +/- 5 meters.

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 03:59 PM   #8799
navyman
Nub

Yes col_Kurtz has had more or less the same idea in his post. Sorry I missed that one.

I realise you can set the depth and speed by clicking on their bars. But it's not the fastest when you want to set a more accurate depth or speed.

At the moment you can change course by hovering the mouse over the compass and then use a combination of the mouse wheel and/or shift key
or
clicking on it depending on your toggle setting.

Both are useful depending on the circumstances at the time.

What I was requesting is similar functionality for the speed and depth controls. if you want a quick dive click or if you want a more precise dive in a hurry use the mouse wheel.

This mod has added more ways of doing most things. There is now a way to suit practically everyone no matter what their skill level or style is to accomplish what they need to do to sink that ship.
It all depends on the way you want to play.
Whether your a key stabber or mouse clicker. Arcade, Sim or maybe a combination of all those the choice is yours.
This choice is what makes this mod so great in my opinion.
Of course I am not forgetting all the many improvements it contains too.
Sh5 would be unplayable as a sim without this mod.
TheDarkWraith has performed miracles with this and his other mods. I am not complaining or trying to find fault, it's just a sugestion
Old 04-27-12, 07:06 PM   #8800
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I've put it on my list of things to look into. Right now I'm trying to figure out why the ships in scapa flow are killed by the game and turned into static objects when they detect something.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 07:22 PM   #8801
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341

Dear TDW - yes, ok. I know Scapa Flow is more important - scrolling can wait as me. Not going pressing you, just asked - is it possible in some future

Thank you very much,
Kurtz

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 02:45 AM   #8802
navyman
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I've put it on my list of things to look into. Right now I'm trying to figure out why the ships in scapa flow are killed by the game and turned into static objects when they detect something.
Thanks for the quick reply and considering implementing col_Kurtz and my idea for the depth and speed control in the future
Old 04-28-12, 06:31 AM   #8803
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyman View Post
Thanks for the quick reply and considering implementing col_Kurtz and my idea for the depth and speed control in the future

This is something I've been thinking about a long time.
Back then when I presented my thoughts I was interested in getting this feature, in particular for the TDC controls (when using manual targeting).

If you're running SH5 on higher resolutions, like 1920x1080 and above, setting the controls gets very inaccurate and tricky.
Unless you have a very big screen that is.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 06:26 PM   #8804
IcyWaters
Mate

Hey guys!

I am just in the process of patching my game to follow stoianm's tutorials and he says I need these mods to follow his instructions:

Quote:
1)NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith or Magnum Opus
2)NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Real_Navigation
I wonder if the current file, NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_TheDarkWraith.7z is all I need? Or is there another one by Real_Navigation?

Thanks!
IcyWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 09:20 PM   #8805
ADMIRALTIA
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyWaters View Post
Hey guys!

I am just in the process of patching my game to follow stoianm's tutorials and he says I need these mods to follow his instructions:

I wonder if the current file, NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_TheDarkWraith.7z is all I need? Or is there another one by Real_Navigation?

Thanks!
Yes The NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_TheDarkWraith is all you need.

Instructions:

1. Do not extract directly to your mods folder
2. Instead Extract into a temporary place.
3. Open The Folder.
4. There is a folder called mods open that
5. There are the different addons there as well as the basemod
6. Copy and paste the basemod to your SH5 mods folder

The Basemod name should be NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith

EX. Extractdir\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\MODS\
ADMIRALTIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui