SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-10, 11:28 PM   #2041
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Yup!
changed

Also added a new user option OfficersPinnedToBottomOfScreen. If set to True then you can only drag the officers horizontally. If set to False then you can reposition them anywhere on the screen:
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 12:13 AM   #2042
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

and if you're using the SH5Enhanced UI mode I made the heading/rudder togglable dial draggable:

ok now I'm finally done with v2.3.0. Packaging up.....
Old 05-14-10, 12:41 AM   #2043
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v2.3.0 released. See post #1 for details.

v2.3.0 final change log:

v2.3.0 - conus00 redid the draggable compasses on the navigation map. They are now the default draggable compasses for this mod
- added missing icons to add-on mods made by others that were revised to comply with patch 1.2
- changed operation of heading bar. Added a new toggle at the far right end of the heading bar. It toggles between heading bar advanced mode and regular mode. Toggling between the two modes is done via either clicking the new toggle or pressing the control key (just like advanced HUD mode). If the control key is pressed then advanced mode is enabled for the new heading bar and once control is released (and if the new toggle isn't active) then advanced mode is disabled for the new heading bar. If the toggle is clicked then this will either lock in advanced mode or regular mode for the new heading bar.
When in advanced mode you click on the headings shown to order that new heading. When in regular mode you use the hotkeys to assign the new heading (just like you did in previous versions of the UI mod with the old heading bar). If in regular mode and you are ordering a new heading, pressing just the hotkeys will change the desired heading by 5s. Pressing just the the hotkeys + holding down shift will change the desired heading by 1s.
- made the officers draggable
- added new user option that pins the officers to the bottom of the screen when trying to drag them if set to True. If set to False then the officers can be dragged anywhere on the screen (OfficersPinnedToBottomOfScreen)
- Navigator's return to course order category is now controlled by the number of waypoints you have for the sub on the map(s). If you have no waypoints then the icon is disabled. If you have at least one then the icon is enabled.
- changed the operation of the +- icons for max radio contact range. They now operate as follows: no keys pressed and just clicking them yields change of +-100. Shift pressed and clicking yields change of +-50. Shift + control pressed and clicking yields change of +-10. Shift + control + alt and clicking yields change of +-1
- in SH5Enhanced mode made the heading/rudder togglable dial draggable
- Adjusted TDC dials to be more low screen resolution friendly
- fixed bug of clock/chrono when in high TC settings (the bug was user was not able to toggle the visibility of the clock/chrono at high TC settings)

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-14-10 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-14-10, 12:51 AM   #2044
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Great stuff!

Next request: Integration of otto's new features for the chalkboard.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 02:21 AM   #2045
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
changed

Also added a new user option OfficersPinnedToBottomOfScreen. If set to True then you can only drag the officers horizontally. If set to False then you can reposition them anywhere on the screen:
Wow awesome. Your fast. I didnt even get to post about the officers icons hiding my compass (thats what i was about to do).

Downloading now....

Keep up the good work.

Thankyou.
Old 05-14-10, 03:39 AM   #2046
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

Great work as usual

btw, Would you consider supporting this addon?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169119

It's an awesome mod.
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 04:10 AM   #2047
Meldric
Officer

Downloads: 165

I would support that idea! The stock recognition manual is definitly poor!
Thank you for the great work!
Meldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 04:59 AM   #2048
stellaferox
Soundman

Downloads: 51

Where would this optionfile TheDarkWraith.py be situated? Can't find it anywhere.
thnx
Marc
stellaferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 05:00 AM   #2049
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellaferox View Post
Where would this optionfile TheDarkWraith.py be situated? Can't find it anywhere.
thnx
Marc
Data
--Scripts
----Menu

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 05:02 AM   #2050
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellaferox View Post
thnx
Marc
\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_2_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Script s\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 05:05 AM   #2051
stellaferox
Soundman

Downloads: 51

thnx!
stellaferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 06:41 AM   #2052
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I'm assuming from the lack of posts about it that I didn't screw up the new heading bar when I gave it advanced/normal modes? I didn't find any errors in my testing with it but you all seem to find the errors that I don't
Old 05-14-10, 06:49 AM   #2053
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

Quote:
I'm assuming from the lack of posts about it that I didn't screw up the new heading bar when I gave it advanced/normal modes? I didn't find any errors in my testing with it but you all seem to find the errors that I don't
I loaded up your new mod but haven't started the game with it yet.. catching up on Flashforward and Survivor episodes.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 07:22 AM   #2054
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
I've been using it and love the ability to shift on the fly to bring up the compass if needed. No troubles with the heading bar for me.

One thing I noticed and I haven't tried restarting the game to see if it fixed it but when clicking the Chief Engineer symbol and then the propulsion symbol, the recharging batteries symbol (think that's what its called) found there is always 'shaking' back and forth like its trying to position itself.

I'll get a screenshot if needed to show which one I'm talking about.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 07:28 AM   #2055
Jens-Uffe-Andersen
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

First off: Thanks for a great mod.
Now, I seem to have some problems with the 2.2.2 and 2.3.0 patches. My fuel gauge is a bit messed up and it is placed in middle of the speed gauge, and I can’t seem to move the indicators around. Is this a bug or is the problem at my end? I run the game via steam and I don't think it has updated the game to the newest patch yet. Could this be the cause of the problem?
Thanks in advance!
Jens-Uffe-Andersen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui