SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-22, 12:10 PM   #16
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

So I was watching a video about graphene batteries when I saw these videos about WIN 11 and I recalled that we had a thread in our GT.

Sequel

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 12:28 PM   #17
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Sorry if this is a re-post, and have messaged another member about this. But was wondering about >>>: SH4.exe has been blocked for your protection!

I have SH3 working with Win 11, but no luck yet with SH5 & 4. Just installed, or reinstalled SH4 via Administrator but got the above.

Recently upgraded systems.

Back in the Day

Last edited by ReallyDedPoet; 05-20-22 at 12:58 PM.
ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 01:58 PM   #18
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

Is ok here. I did have that problem back in the early days of win 10. Wjhat I am having problems one in with JSGME. Mods wont load.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 03:21 PM   #19
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

I had a propblem with SH4, but found a solution: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/c...s-10/000063445

from that time, no problem at all.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 03:59 PM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
So I was watching a video about graphene batteries when I saw these videos about WIN 11 and I recalled that we had a thread in our GT.

Sequel

Markus
Thats sounds terrifying what he says and tells me that W11 is much, much worse than I feared it would be.

I dispise and hate Microsoft with a passion, and I know why that is so and why I hope their whole damn company goes up in flames and takes the whole Windows-verse with it. To hell with them.

I certainly do nto plan to give up to run a second system with Linux, always, on which i do the critical, the sensitive, the money-related kind of things.

I pray for a big supe rmega hack with glooibval reach tkaign out am jaort share soif Microsoft comotuer networks everywhere, so that the stupid naked monkeys that we are cannot avoid to wake up and learn the bitter lesson how stupidly dependent we allowed to become on a company that in principle digitally enslaves us, wants to control us, surveil us, remote-control us, own us, sell us, its all about them controlling us and having power over us and knowing all our private things and secrets about us.

That mug in the video is nice. "There is no computer cloud, there only is another computer".

All these tech giants companies must be destroyed, I think since a few years now. They all work on owning mankind for their own company interests, and thats what makes them our enemies, and our liberties' enemies.

Its scaring how many dystopic scenarios have been desribed in various science fiction novels that desbribed right these things.

Dystopic? Science Fiction?

Reality.

Even those who claim to fight against this, more or less to little or no effect (law-makers, the EU, etc), abuse the opportunity to gain the same tyrannic benefits for themselves that they claim to fight against when wantign to take them away form tech giants.

Things shift towards a digitally founded and controlled dicatorship. Not just in China. But in the West as well. Its terrifying.

You more and more cannto even boycott it anymore by refusing to have an drun a comnp0uter or smartphone at least, becasue more and more fucntions and amdatory htigns the state calls up for which havign a cpomouter is mandatory. So you get indirectly forced to own the device by whcinb they own you. And mostly such software governments release for such purposes do not even run under other operating systems than Windows, or Android. Linux? Often that is no option. Microsoft now tries to hammer more nails into Linux'S coffin, it seems.

You are not allowed to evade, avoid, flee. You are being owned already.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-20-22 at 04:16 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 04:50 PM   #21
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
I had a propblem with SH4, but found a solution: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/c...s-10/000063445

from that time, no problem at all.

Thanks, will leave it till tomorrow now, late.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 05:13 PM   #22
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Skybird thank you for your in-depth comment to my videos.

I do not doubt what you wrote is correct -I on the other hand isn't exactly a computer nerd so I have to stick with my WIN 10

Later I need to buy a laptop to be used when I travel and this laptop will most likely be with WIN11. I do not have the skill to downgrade it.
Maybe I'm lucky to find an old with WIN7 on it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 05:14 PM   #23
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

I still use Win 7 and have no plans to change.
Old 05-20-22, 08:39 PM   #24
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

My W10 PC is a pure gaming and entertainment and VR rig.

For sensitive, critical, financial, shopping things, I have a fast laptop with Linux Mint.

I use an old smartphone without simcard as bicycle navigation device. My active smartphone I almost never have with me anymore when leaving the house.

I avoid paying with plastic. I have plastic cards not even in my wallet. I have my smartphone not set up for paying with it - no connection to banking accounts on a smartphone, please.

We agreed to wear invisible golden harnesses. But golden or sweet or not, a harness nevertheless is a harness - and somebody else holds the line in his hand.

Only what is not stored on a smartphone or in the "cloud", cannot be stolen , abused or tracked.

Tags
win 11