SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-10, 08:18 AM   #16
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Your GUI can stay. However what graphical program can remove this green scale from AP_PreciseMarks.tga file?
Old 06-27-10, 08:44 AM   #17
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

Next question - are there Milk Cows and supply ships for U-boots in Spanish ports in OM, like in GWX?
Old 06-27-10, 11:45 AM   #18
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post
Your GUI can stay. However what graphical program can remove this green scale from AP_PreciseMarks.tga file?
Photoshop. The marks are in the alpha channel. Just paint with black over them.
Old 06-27-10, 12:18 PM   #19
Gorshkov
Commodore

Sadly but I do not own Photoshop...
Old 06-27-10, 02:08 PM   #20
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

karamazovnew, is it possible for you to release light version of your mod, with possibility to estimate range, speed and AOB like in GWX?
Old 06-27-10, 03:22 PM   #21
Gorshkov
Commodore

In GWX you have standard SH3 targeting procedure. So why you cannot play OM without OMEGU or remove karamazov's mod as he described it above?
Old 06-27-10, 05:16 PM   #22
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
karamazovnew, is it possible for you to release light version of your mod, with possibility to estimate range, speed and AOB like in GWX?
The only thing "missing" is the range done automatically by the stadimeter. However, that part of the game is bugged, and ranges are incorrect. And "the old notepad" is even more bugged. I didn't start wasting 3 months of my life just because I like having 20 dials in my periscope screen. I would've been perfectly happy with it IF it worked as it did in SH3. However, it doesn't. Every time you cancel an input, everything reverts to defaults (3000m, 0 AOB and 0 Speed). There is absolutely no way to input speed manually through the notepad. So every time you send the AOB or Range to the TDC, your speed resets to zero. Test a few attacks in OM without OMEGU and see how you like it.

Well, I won't have to leave again before mid august so I promise I'll make that movie. You'll love using the interface then. I hope. And I'll put a "no green marks" tga on the KiUB thread as soon as I get home in a few days.
Old 06-27-10, 06:47 PM   #23
Gorshkov
Commodore

Interesting explanations, Karamazov!

- So this stadimeter and notepad are screwed-up on U-boats only or Fleet Subs stadimeter is buggy, either? Well, as I correctly remember some folks here stated SH3 targeting system is also buggy...

- Your mod fixed this bug via "circle calculations" (OLC's GUI) but as I suppose what jaxa mean is whether or not it is possible to repair stock range measurement method (stadimeter) without OLC's GUI?

PS. Thanks for "no green marks" TGA file in advance!
Old 06-27-10, 07:58 PM   #24
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Does the crew still appear/disappear constantly in rough weather?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 06-27-10, 11:32 PM   #25
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

OK, so much for "The only rule I have is that the past is dead."

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
Way back the SH4 Modders took a stance against anything GWX!
If you were a GWX Member?
You were hated and dismissed,
Do we REALLY need to dredge up all the who', what' and whys again for 12 to 20 f*cking pages until the ban hanner falls and threads are locked all over again for a 3rd or 4th freaking time? REALLY?

Quote:
Talked about in Secrect hidden forum areas,
Ok sure. There existed a private complaint forum offsite. It was only there only as a place to vent in private rather then vent things in public and stir up some schit. Just because you, or someone you know was shady enough to create false accounts and/or hack their way into that forum to see what was being said, IS NOT ANYONE ELSES FAULT BUT YOUR OWN! People were gentlemanly enough to bitch in private, so the community could go on in peace and not have the continued public drama. What are you guys now, the freaking thought police?!? NEVERMIND that all the work these modders and myself did was OPEN to the public. No HIDDEN SKUNK WORKS like some other people I could mention. Nobody your whining about hid tools, knowledge, or technical information just so they could be the king of the excrement pile. So you really have no space at all to complain about a private rant forum. NONE WHATSOERVER.

Quote:
And options were discussed about how to stop the GWX Team with legal actions!
Sure. There were speculations about the legal ramifications if you guys went and started edited core game files like EXE, DLL, files and the like. Mainly because as you cited, very few modders (read, nobody) liked you guys for reasons we really don't need to get into YET AGAIN.

Quote:

I, and the whole Team, were spit on from day one.
Hmm, Gee, i wonder why? The amazing thing is, apparently you guys still don't understand. Even after all the past drama which i thought was done and over with.

Quote:
And to this day!
Really? Personnally, i had let the past go, infact, until i read this post, i thought the past was the past, and i was perfectly willing to help anyone except KL regardless of past conflicts or affiliations. But apparently that doesn't hold true for all involved or i wouldn't be writing this response to a post that shouldn't have been written. I thought we had all let the past go. I guess i was wrong.

You know what i hate about modding the most? This poltiical BS, right here. (edit: A lovely surprise after being out of town for the last 4 days. Really freaking lovely! ) You talked the talk about letting the past go, and then you go dredging up the past. What the hell is that?! Don't talk the talk if your not going to walk the walk.

Last edited by Ducimus; 06-27-10 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-28-10, 12:23 AM   #26
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Settle down Ducimus or you'll have a heart attack! Not worth the drama, in fact you could spur it on!

Old 06-28-10, 01:14 AM   #27
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Settle down Ducimus or you'll have a heart attack! Not worth the drama, in fact you could spur it on!
I said all im going to say. Infact, i cut back my previous post because various portions i was going to address in response to privateers post opened the door to further debate about crap that has been rehashed several times before. I have no interest in doing so.

Really, im more disappointed then angry. Privateers earlier attempts to let the past be bygones and trying to get everyone working together and move forward had really earned my respect. I don't know what motivated him to go back on that, and frankly i don't care. I thought people had moved on. I know i had.
Old 06-28-10, 06:29 PM   #28
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Everyone has a bad day from time to time.
That was mine.

I'll not modify the post.
That would be as wrong as me posting it to begin with.
I deserve all the lumps recieved and those soon to follow.

I still work on Tools useable by SH4 modders.
Which will be released to all.

So have at me Guys.
I deserve it.

Old 06-28-10, 06:39 PM   #29
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

SHCommander is the big difference.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
Old 06-28-10, 08:33 PM   #30
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
So have at me Guys.
I deserve it.
We all slip from time to time! I'll say nothing, especially since you are one of our great modders and I for one are very grateful for all you've done for the Silent Hunter series.
@ FIREWALL, that is a big yes!

Closed Thread