Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-06-20, 03:43 PM   #1096
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Can they do this...I mean Germany has shut down different power plants and so on..replaced this with green energy...but is this enough to fulfill the needs in the society ?

Markus
No.

We need to buy electric energy from neighbourign coutnry wqhio produce them in their - often much unsafier and older nuclear powerplants of coal powerplants.

Also, the European powergrid is very interconnected, and the massive frequency flcutations our allures are causing, resonate across all Euzropoe and destabilise thge system stability far beyond out borders, in most of the contonental EU, means especially central, West and south Europe, in parts also eastern Europe.

In the past ten years or so, the number of highly critical gridline events and "near misses" where massive intervention was needed and on tweo occaisons in the past two years the contiental blackput was avoided by just mer eluck, have drmaatically increased. Government offices do not report that. But independent netwoprks logging the daily statistics show it.

The risk of serious continental blackouts have drastically improved, therefore. And the responsible one nation is very clearly Germany and its wonderful "Energiewende". Another of these things of which we say "Wir schaffen das". And of coruse we should the maximum of possible burdens - and all of them simultaneously. Wir schaffen das. That - and much more.

this is the reaosn why I have invsted into "prepping". Not corona. Not atomic war. Not Russian invasion. But Blackout. Three days power off, or four - and it will take weeks to get Europe back onto the line afterwards. Itrs due to the physics and engineering facts of the hardware system and networkj,y ou cannot juist swithxc a ciontiental powergrid on and off that easily.

Evben more so when Germany was so clever to dra,matcoally reduce the number of powerplant with the capability to retsart from cold& dark status. Our wonderful Greens want to kill even the few such powerplants with that capability that we still have, althoiugh even the few we saved fromt eh onslaught so far already are too few to restart5 the natiopnal part of the European powergrid all by ourselves.

I have written on it before, several times. Nowhere in Europe and in the west electricty costs as much as her ein Germany, the price system is designed to constantly rise. Coal goas out, nuclear goes out, oil from next year ion will see draconig price raises every year, and the renwebales: we designed the system so that renewebale energy beconmes the mosre cotsly the more it gets produced, which of course is exactly the opposite iof what market logic dicattes: the more supply, the lower the price. Not so in Germany.

To the left, under my avatar, you can read my location: "the mental asylum named Germany". That is no joke. This country is a loony bin.

Its always due to the German arch sin: hysterically overestimated romanticism. To feel instead of thinking. This damn German craving for romantically wallowing in sentimnents and emotions. It explains everythign what was good and wonderful in German cultural heritage and arts, and bad and horrible in German history. It explains everything, in good and bad.

It also explains why Germany time and again gets outwitted by France and stratgeically defeated although germany is the stronger economy, and why Germany does not come too terms to well with the Anglosaxon world and how that ticks so very differently.

Berlin airport. Miust I say more? It has not even opened, is delayed by many years, costs exploded - and now is de facto bancrupt, needs another 300 million injeciton to even be able to open later this year. Berlin airport - thats the way German competence is defined today.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-06-20 at 03:56 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 03:47 PM   #1097
Skybird
Soaring

The plot thickens that the germans just want to create an alibi that helps them to save their face when bialing out of Nor dstream 2: now Merkel let her speaker announce that she is not against ruling out and end of Nor dStream 2.

Just three days ago she said herself that she was absoltuely sticking to the project.

Well, the Germna make it look as if they were raisjng pressure on the russian this way. But they only mount the pressure on themselves, by raising expectations for Germany to let deeds follow the words.

It will become very expensive. Billions. And Russian gas nevertheless will see a rise in request from Europe - it will just get delivered by the other pipelines who are far from being used up to their max capacity.

The gas pipelines through third countries will help mto raise the costs for Europe again.

Super played, Germany! Once again shooting yourself in thy own foot. Idiots.

The German Greens meanwhile dream of ruinign the German energy situation completely by demanding that all gas imports should be stopped "for ecological reasons". I can only shiver in horror when hearing so much dilletantism expressed in one single sentence. Nuclear: gone. Coal: gone. Gas: gone. Renewable: completely insufficient and instable and unstorable currently and for years to come. But since the 80s there never has been a sign of intelligent life in the Green-Alternative List, as they were called. So why am I surprised.
Old 09-07-20, 04:56 PM   #1098
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

...and we the European will be at the mercy of the Russian.

It's not only the German who will buy natural gas from Russia, many other countries will hock up on the pipeline.

And thereby be somehow independent by it...

Of course many European countries have developed green electricity...which is far from enough to fulfill the needs.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 03:41 AM   #1099
Skybird
Soaring

Whats a bit irritating - or not - is that Poland also builds a pipeline that is in direct competition to the Germn project, the Batlic pie leads from Atlantic offshore temrinals over Denmark, the island Bornholm, to Poland. Poland wants to become the big megahub for Energy in Euroe with it, betting on the ovberpriced US liquified gas and Norwegian gas which is in delcine. So, a lot of the Polish opposition is due to hard own economic interests to eliminate unwanted competition.

There is another prject with Turkey as transit country, from Russia.

So, the German pipeline directly from russia tofree distrubtuion via Germany intot he herat of the EU is the great demon. But a pipeline that raises massively dependency from the Uninted States of Trump and fading reserves of the Norwegians, or another pipeline raising the vulneraibltiy to Turkish blackmailing and again havuing Russia as a deliverer are perfectly fine.

Moral hypocrisy at its best. It is and always primarily was about money, money, and money alone. Any other arguments are just weapons of rhetoric warfare.

And I rub my eyes in frustration although i should have known it after so many precendece - the Germans once again fall back from their lines and seem to give it up.

Damn weaklings, big mouth and nothing behind it. Merkel maybe thinks the chair at the top of the EU cuncil give sher any more authority to rally Europe around her. But in Germna thinking the whole world just waits for the Germans showng them the way and then everybody will start and follow. German overconfidence. The world is not run by reason and morals, but money. Money. Money. This will become another extrenely costly lesson for Germany whch once again will not be learned, no doubt. It will cost us billions and billions. And Poland winning a treasury and the option to press the EU. Or Turkey. Or both.

Old 09-08-20, 04:23 AM   #1100
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Well if Europe has 4 gas pipelines being in competition against each other, plus dirty gas from the US... I guess gas prices will go down and i am fine with it

Not that anyone needs more gas. Or Apple[tm] wheels.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 04:53 AM   #1101
Skybird
Soaring

No, they will go up, due to unmistakable German energy price policy. Mind you, energy consummation is one of the three big evils in the German troika of modern arch sins. Bewing rich, and industry, being the other two.

Further, if Germany and West Europe benefits from a direct pipe to Russia (as being the cheapest offer), that is unaccaptable, but if Europe instead depends on Ukraine, Turkey, Trump and again Putin, then this is perfectly fine.

Could it be that it is once again about containing the evil wicked Germans and their competitive economy?

The hypocrisy behind all this stinks to heaven. Only the smell of the German cowardice is even more torment. Euro, debt union, radicla climate acitvism, anti-car activism, French intrigues, Polish grouching, Turkish blackmailing - the German fall back, fall back, fall back. Not a single strong position they once held has not been given up by them. No spine, but self-hate, endless concern for others, and sacrificing oneself over these.

Disgusting. Reminds of a bone-less mollusk sliming around.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-08-20 at 05:03 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 06:35 AM   #1102
Catfish

Russia summons German envoy over Berlin comments on Navalny

"Foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova accused Germany of “bluffing” in a statement on her Facebook page."

Ah, Facebook

Old 09-08-20, 08:51 AM   #1103
Skybird
Soaring

Opsala - da haben wir ja gerade noch mal Glück gehabt.

While they just have announced the evacuation of 16 thousand people in my town to check 7 WWII bombing sites for corroding duds 2,5 km east of were I live, it seems they are looking at the wriong place . 3,5 km to my north there is a gas terminal at the channel. The neighbouring ground to it currently gets moved upside down because they build some more industry there, and I just read that a bomb has gone off there. Nobody got hurt, but if it happened 100, 200 meters more to the north and closer to those huge gas storage tanks, we would have made international big news by now.

These old ammunitions become the more dangerous the more years pass by. We still have thousands and thousands of them in the ground, inside our towns and cities, and in the Baltic Sea where ammuntion ships got sunk intentionally at the end of the war. Practically every day news suspected sites get identified by researchers in historic archives (old aerial photographies form the bombing raids, and operaiton plans and maps by the Allies), and field investigators.

My perception is that in the past three, four years, the number of suspected findings in my town and the surrounding land have gone up clearly. Maybe they have intensified efforts due to running a race against time. The fuses often are chemical fuses or are corroding metal, after this long time long sleeping duds could turn into live devices. The clocks are ticking against us.

One shot to my right, one shot to my left - I hope the third one does not strike right in the centre between the two. Because there is me.
Old 09-08-20, 09:25 AM   #1104
Catfish

Seems the time-bomb attendant used a thick strip of celluloid.
Now that's quality.

Old 09-09-20, 08:36 AM   #1105
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Russia summons German envoy over Berlin comments on Navalny

"Foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova accused Germany of “bluffing” in a statement on her Facebook page."

Ah, Facebook
I blame the EU

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 01:48 PM   #1106
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I blame the EU
Splendid

Old 09-09-20, 02:03 PM   #1107
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Splendid

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 05:55 PM   #1108
Skybird
Soaring

Lucky luck!

The bomb incident here in Münster was lucky on more than one chance.

The bomb was not stucking in the ground, but it was hidden in sand/dirt that was delivered from outside to the construction site, to make building ground there denser. It was not discorvered although it was loaded onto a lorry, hidden in that heap of earth, and driven around, and then dumped at the construction site! Not before a caterpillar had moved the earth to the place and it got handled there and got covered with 1m of earth, it went off!

https://www.wn.de/Muenster/4269405-B...de-angeliefert

The enthusiasm of the gas company ownign the site thnat there never was danger to the gas tanks, I do not share, on another picture I was able to see exactly where it was and I have com acrioss that place many times, I know the diatanbces to the main tanks. A hot fragment or shrapnel could have reached the tanks and ripping through the skin, they are not hardened in concrete or anything, just metal zylinders and one round ball tank. That would have been it. In fact I oftehn wondered how one could leave such a faiclity so ver ymuch ungiarded. Its a simepm wire fence securign it against the street, pedestrain walk sop close by that they could snowballs the tanks. One terrorist with a bazooka... I mean there ar enever mroe than two or three people visible, and the guard house is always unmanned, and the gates always are open, unguarded.

Lucky-lucky luck they had. especiall the truck driver, the loader, and the caterpillar pilot.
Old 09-10-20, 03:16 AM   #1109
Dmitry Markov
Officer

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Lucky luck!

The bomb incident here in Münster was lucky on more than one chance.

The bomb was not stucking in the ground, but it was hidden in sand/dirt that was delivered from outside to the construction site, to make building ground there denser. It was not discorvered although it was loaded onto a lorry, hidden in that heap of earth, and driven around, and then dumped at the construction site! Not before a caterpillar had moved the earth to the place and it got handled there and got covered with 1m of earth, it went off!

https://www.wn.de/Muenster/4269405-B...de-angeliefert

The enthusiasm of the gas company ownign the site thnat there never was danger to the gas tanks, I do not share, on another picture I was able to see exactly where it was and I have com acrioss that place many times, I know the diatanbces to the main tanks. A hot fragment or shrapnel could have reached the tanks and ripping through the skin, they are not hardened in concrete or anything, just metal zylinders and one round ball tank. That would have been it. In fact I oftehn wondered how one could leave such a faiclity so ver ymuch ungiarded. Its a simepm wire fence securign it against the street, pedestrain walk sop close by that they could snowballs the tanks. One terrorist with a bazooka... I mean there ar enever mroe than two or three people visible, and the guard house is always unmanned, and the gates always are open, unguarded.

Lucky-lucky luck they had. especiall the truck driver, the loader, and the caterpillar pilot.
Skybird, I am quite familiar with that kind of war echo - while spending holidays in my grandma's village in Kaluga Region (that area was a frontline since 1941 to 1943 ), I could find german Mauser rifle cartridges, soviet shell splinters, even tin cans of Nivea creme and so on without any digging just doing usual gardenwork even in 90-s and 00-s. I remember one very frightening find in '97 - while pulling out a wormwood bush from under a garden fence I felt it was weighing much more than it should ( 'cause I've already pulled out a lot of them by that time ) - I was pulling rather harshly and so got scared that if there was any explosives they could somehow initiate so I dropped that bush with whatever there could be inside the roots as far as I could and layed down on earth as fast as I could ( just as they've taught us at school on initial military lessons :-) ), counted until 1000 maybe and then returned to the bush, very slowly scattered the roots and there it was - a tail of 82mm mortar shell :-) Lucky I was that time. However in grandma's village were several less lucky people (I don't count those who were killed during the war ) - one of local shepherds - despite fields, roads and river banks around the village were thoroughly mine-cleared after the war, the woods were mine-cleared with lesser attention - and so in mid 60-s one of villagers cows have separated from the herd during day grazing and went across the forest belt for some reason, shepherd went for her to return to herd, but when he has catched her up, she stepped on a landmine - a flash and bang - and shepherd looses arm and the cow is dead. Thanks to totalitarian Soviet Union - there was a village hospital (which was closed as "ineffective" after SU collapse) so villagers heard the explosion and evacuated him to hospital fast enough to save his life. So he continued to work as shepherd until his passing in 90-s.
Old 09-10-20, 04:10 AM   #1110
Skybird
Soaring

You probably did not need another coffee on that day in your garden, eh?