SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-09, 08:30 AM   #1201
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

It saddens me that I feel the need to post this, but when I witness two such esteemed members of the community and modders of such undeniable skill clashing in the public arena perhaps such a course of action is inevitable.

@Anvart.....I'm beginning to think I'm watching a screening of the film Groundhog Day.

A review of the post exchange makes it very evident that DD is trying to maintain a respectful and conciliatory position.

<Definition of Conciliatory>
To overcome the distrust or animosity of; appease
To regain or try to regain (friendship or goodwill) by pleasant behaviour
To make or attempt to make compatible; reconcile

Can't you meet him half way?

If you review your responses I'm hopeful that you'll agree that your input has not been so 'conciliatory'

I am not about to take sides, so have a swipe at me if that is your wish, but I'm being as equitable as I can to both of you.

If this exchange between yourselves is to carry on.....PLEASE TAKE IT TO PM....for the sake of the community.

Respectfully to you both
Jim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 10:20 AM   #1202
tommyk
Watch Officer

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
I'm bored to read your "rubbish" ("delirium") ...
Anvart, I believe you are getting way too personal and I hope a mod will clear you about this! I don't like the way you act.
Old 11-15-09, 11:58 AM   #1203
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck View Post
Moin Anvart,

Out of respect I had my mediafire account cleared shortly after our row began. Since then the mod was no longer available for download. And I intended to leave it this way until the matter is solved.
DD, if you don't mind me saying, you are being way too conciliatory in this matter.

Anvart is, in my opinion, totally 'out of order' in claiming he has the right to limit your use of his ideas ( particularly as his advice and encouragement seemed to invite you to do just that) and, seemingly citing Recommended Modding Etiquette as his authority to do so.

This measure was introduced mainly to prevent the theft or misuse of others peoples mods or the failure to accord the originator credit when using elements of their mods in their own creations.

You have done none of these things. To remove your work will only deprive /penalise us ordinary untalented subsimmers, and I suspect will do little to assuage Anvart's unwarranted sense of outrage.

Please, please reconsider your decision to withdraw your work. Tks

Beste Grüße

Cheapskate
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 12:34 PM   #1204
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Ouch, I leave for the weekend and look what a mess I find at my return

I'll take some measures inmediately, please keep the thread going as per the initial purpose of it. Would be a shame if all this is lots because of the tensions created here.

EDIT:

Oh and I also don't read cyrillic charcaters in Anvart's messages. Strange, because I had always been able to.

Last edited by Hitman; 11-15-09 at 12:47 PM.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 06:38 PM   #1205
ViperU48
Torpedoman

Downloads: 58

I need not reiterate the excellent points made by previous posts. It is very clear that DD has been taking all the appropriate steps to a successful resolution of this conflict, and in my oppinion; Anvart is not following suit.

I hope this is resolved in a manner better than one person having to repeal a mod due to another's reluctance to cooperate.
Old 11-15-09, 09:47 PM   #1206
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Ouch, I leave for the weekend and look what a mess I find at my return
Hitman,

What Mess? I thought U-657 was inspection order, the crew spent days getting it ready, the crew wore there best attire as well

Sorry not funny
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 10:15 PM   #1207
U-48Kriegsmarine
Planesman

Downloads: 339

If ya don't mind me saying. I'll probably make things worse but...

The fact of the matter is that for some reason Avart's feather's were ruffled and it seems he will stand fast. I do however, given the circumstances feel that DD is doing the right thing. This is a fantastic mod, and commands are nothing to get angry about. I'm not a modder, but can;t commands be easily changed? I mean, they were set up in the first place right? Anyway, both parties are great modders, but lets not let this shake the forum, and just burry the hatchet.

Anyway, just my 2 cents
Old 11-16-09, 06:51 AM   #1208
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

understand your problem, anvart.

BUT

what the hell has driven you so crazy, to write such crap? calm down, man. if someone uses "your" methods to create something great, feel good and be happy. nothing here is about money, its all about fun and fame. and dd would have mentioned your name in the credits, if it would be legitimate. dd is also a respectable modder round here, and would never do something offense against somebody. instead of YOU, anvart. you often feel ignored or offensed and throw with dirt. maybe you should think about your way of speaking and maybe also your way of thinking. in germany we have a speaking:

"the sound makes the music" - means, the way you speak, is how it sounds.

or

"the forest returns your words, you shouted them in" - means, you can not exspect to be understood, if you "shout" at us.

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 07:11 AM   #1209
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Damn, looks like I missed all the fun... although to be honest I can't be arsed to read what's happened here. I can see from the last few posts that DD and Anvart have had some differences... right? Well I will happily side with DD, and against Anvart, purely on the basis of character judgements I made on each of them long ago.

DD, don't let him get you down. We need you for SH5!!! Stick around. You would be sorely missed if you quit. Not sure I can say the same for Anvart but maybe that's just me.
Old 11-16-09, 07:44 AM   #1210
Venatore
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck View Post
I had my mediafire account cleared shortly after our row began. Since then the mod was no longer available for download
Moderator/s,

As the quote suggests, this is no longer a viable thread, please lock it and lets all move on because this thread is just festering into a big smelly yucky bilge drain, nothing too see here anymore.

Old 11-16-09, 07:55 AM   #1211
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venatore View Post
Moderator/s,

As the quote suggests, this is no longer a viable thread, please lock it and lets all move on because this thread is just festering into a big smelly yucky bilge drain, nothing too see here anymore.

I'm not sure that locking it so quickly would be a good way to get this mod back.
Old 11-16-09, 08:14 AM   #1212
Venatore
Admiral

It's been festering for bloody days now.....I'm fed up
Old 11-16-09, 08:27 AM   #1213
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

One of my ancestors invented the wheel. Now there, I said it FIRST.
If any of you use the IDEA of a wheel in your daily life, if it's a bike, car or whatever you have to ask permission first, but my official answer to that is:
I deny you that right, all of you, unless you all cheer me as your god.

PS: It's a joke. About the current discussion and about the permission asking modding etiquette. And especially about ideas. It's very likely for two individuals to have approximately the same idea at each end of the world at about the same time. And so what?
Work your own way to what you feel is the goal, and let the other part use his/her means to achieve his/her goal.

Sorry to add my comments to the ongoing discussion...

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 08:31 AM   #1214
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

I can't understand Anvart (literally), I kept hoping it was a misunderstanding due to the poor Russian/English translators, but it seems that it is not, I know DD wouldn't do anything unethical, if only Anvart would/could see that, please believe that Anvart, admit to a simple misunderstanding and maybe this feud will end!

Edit: Will post no more here Hitman, just trying to help!

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 11-16-09 at 10:05 AM.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 08:48 AM   #1215
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Just to make it clear for the near future:

I WILL NOT TOLERATE FURTHER POSTS IN THIS THREAD THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOD ITSELF.

All posts regarding other matters, personal attacks or judgements will be mercyless deleted, and if the authors insist in keeping posting what I delete, further, harder actions will be taken.

I understand that you all have your own opinion about this all, but please keep it for you and exchange as many PMs as you want. The open forum discussion is for something pretended to be more useful than this.

Thanks