SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-10-23, 04:19 AM   #1
Sir_Lunchalot
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default Unable to operate engines manually (single player)

Hello everyone,

I have very recently bought Wolfpack, and today completed the exams for the Obermachinst position. I would like to have some experience operating the engines before I jump into multiplayer, as I would certainly not like to make any mistakes while others are relying on me. However, when I create a lobby and join a crew, it allows me to operate every station except the engines and electric motors. Furthermore, the electric motors' textures seem to be placeholders and are not very detailed (perhaps to save on processing power as the captain would not visit there during a game).

I was just wondering if anyone might be able to help me figure out how to control the engines manually. I will greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Sir_Lunchalot
Sir_Lunchalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-23, 08:36 AM   #2
Flubbo
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

Hello Sir_Lunchalot

The launch of the engine update publicly scheduled earlier this year was delayed without a new date for release. This was most likely due to unexpected complications arising in development.

The academy videos were published with the same understanding as the community had of the releasedate but as this date was run over, (speculative) the academy videos of the engines were still kept up in hopes the update would be released but due to the complications this have sadly not occurred.

The engines are currently only interactable in a testing version of the the game accessible by a small group of testers who have been working with the developers to document all game breaking bugs that currently hinders the version from going into public beta / mass stress testing.

This is probably not the answer you were looking for but hopefully it can settle some question marks.
Flubbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-23, 05:14 PM   #3
Sir_Lunchalot
Swabbie

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flubbo View Post
Hello Sir_Lunchalot

The launch of the engine update publicly scheduled earlier this year was delayed without a new date for release. This was most likely due to unexpected complications arising in development.

The academy videos were published with the same understanding as the community had of the releasedate but as this date was run over, (speculative) the academy videos of the engines were still kept up in hopes the update would be released but due to the complications this have sadly not occurred.

The engines are currently only interactable in a testing version of the the game accessible by a small group of testers who have been working with the developers to document all game breaking bugs that currently hinders the version from going into public beta / mass stress testing.

This is probably not the answer you were looking for but hopefully it can settle some question marks.
Thanks for the quick answer Flubbo. I will just have to wait it out then.
Sir_Lunchalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-23, 02:02 PM   #4
Fidd
XO

Downloads: 10

You can continue to familiarise yourself using the Academy films, but in some respects they are out of date, as changes have been made since. I cannot think of an example where following the academy techniques with operating the engines will now cause a problem, however some techniques are now a little less critical, in particular exceeding the limits on motor-current in the first two "gears" (for want of better description) now requires really ham-fisted use of the rheostat. It only requires careful handling to achieve full speed ahead on the e-motor, and moderately careful use for the half-ahead speed-band, iirc.

You will likely spend a good deal of your first week or two doing "the walk of shame" <grin> to reset the breakers, through a boat where some or all of the lights have been knocked-out, for any one of a number of reasons.
Fidd is online   Reply With Quote