SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-07, 10:40 AM   #1
DanielSan
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
EMCON

Hi all. I reckon it still is not possible to only turn the sonar of surface ships on and not the active sensor systems like the ping,ping,ping ?

If that is not possible I would like to ask how I can turn on the EMCON via script through a trigger if I start the units with EMCON off. I.o.w How do I turn the EMCON on again if I start a unit with the EMCON box checked in the mission editor. I hope my question is clear enough :s

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
DanielSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-07, 06:51 PM   #2
kage
Helmsman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

>I hope my question is clear enough

Not at all...

The default state is for a surface ship to use all its sensors.

EMissions CONtrol has them turn off all their active sensors. They are liable to turn at least radars back on to engage incoming missiles, and you are supposed to be able to force that to happen by using a script to tell the ship to engage itself. This can then not be turned off. The active sonar (if any) will stay off, and cannot be changed.

It's possible that these things can be modded to some extent through doctrine, but you won't get a very elegant way of full control in the mission editor.

http://www.xfire.com/clans/dwobjective/ for those who like playing objectives-based missions. (As opposed to deathmatches)
kage is offline   Reply With Quote