SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-16-08, 09:48 PM   #16
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
If people dedicated only half the time they employ in moaning to create missions, we would have a good set of them already
They moan when they don't have them, but when they have them they don't want them. Just go look at the SH4 mission Designers forum, it's a ghost town. I have only had SH4 (my first sub sim) for 3 months and I really enjoy writing missions, but no one even d/ls them. I had two try my first one and two tried my second, so I don't know what they are moaning for.
I enjoy the challange of figuring out how to do things in the editor that came with no manual. I have learned a lot. I thought it would be a good way to give back to those who helped me so much with answers when I first got the game.
Many others have written missions much better than mine, but they are hard to find, the list is not up to date.
Enough of that anyway, I was not trying to hijack the thread, just commenting on your comment.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 05:42 PM   #17
The_Pharoah
Soundman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

hey Peabody, if you write SP missions for 1.5 and, esp, if it involves the driveable Fubuki destroyer (eg. recreating a surface battle), I"ll download ANYTHING you upload!

Pharoah
The_Pharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 08:36 PM   #18
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pharoah
hey Peabody, if you write SP missions for 1.5 and, esp, if it involves the driveable Fubuki destroyer (eg. recreating a surface battle), I"ll download ANYTHING you upload!

Pharoah
Well, if you look right here on this page, you will see a simple question that I posted in two different forums "Mission compatability". Not only do I not get an answer, they don't even read it, and the infamous "One star punk" visited. I don't know who I PO'ed but if you look every thread on the page has hundreds of reads and I get 28 and the other forum it was 22, so I guess either people have a problem with something I said or did or they just don't want missions.

I was even working on Updating the mission manual for SH4, got some stuff that only applies to SH4. I've been testing new ideas on how to get around some of the things the mission editor lacks. Looks to me like a waste of time. But, I do enjoy doing mission, haven't had much time lately been doing testing and working on the manual.

I don't have 1.5 yet so, and I can't get an answer to a simple question, so if I buy it and write any missions, I will PM you.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 04-20-08, 02:54 AM   #19
The_Pharoah
Soundman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

thanks mate.

I very rarely troll these forums but have been doing so since I got the 1.5 addon. I've always been after a good current surface naval battle sim and I've now found it in SHIV.

I know that someone has already created a SP mission in 1.5 but noone else. I tried the mission editor but I suck at it so I gave up.
The_Pharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 09:01 AM   #20
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pharoah
thanks mate.

I very rarely troll these forums but have been doing so since I got the 1.5 addon. I've always been after a good current surface naval battle sim and I've now found it in SHIV.

I know that someone has already created a SP mission in 1.5 but noone else. I tried the mission editor but I suck at it so I gave up.
Well, maybe you can answer the question, did you get a new mission editor with 1.5? And will missions from 1.4 work in 1.5, obviously there are no uboats in 1.4 but would the other ones work? I saw the destroyer but is it finished yet? The mission editor is not hard to use it is just so limited in what you can do!! You probably don't 'suck at it' you are just trying to do something it won't do. You probably had an idea and just don't realize you can't do that with the editor...it is so limited it's crazy!!

I don't have 1.5 yet because I read so much about things not working and having to go through the SH4 dance all over, the modders are again fixing the bugs. And I'm not that interested in uboat mission, I prefer the fleet boat missions. I was waiting to see if there was going to be a patch or two, but I will end up with it sooner or later.

Peabody