Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-01-07, 05:34 AM   #1
GakunGak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Is this possible?

Hiya! I've patched with 1.04 and latest LWAMI mod. I played custom search-and-rescue mission [you may guess: ILA terrorists] and just when i deployed DSRV it bumped into me and I was going down with no control at all... Even blowing tanks didn't help... Heres the pic I shot the moment before I died...

Is it a possible bug or a glitch?
Note: The best thing is that the speed indicators from the upper left and lower right do not match...
Old 02-01-07, 06:03 AM   #2
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

I see that your rudder is deflected hard to the left.

I'm not a naval forensics expert, but if I came across a downed sub with its rudder hard to the left, I'd suspect the submarine was traveling at high speed when the rudder became deflected, which caused the submarine to lose attitude control and spiral to the bottom of the ocean.

Incidentially, this is what would happen if you were to go 30 degrees rudder when traveling at 30+kts in a nuclear submarine, so I've heard.

Cheers,
David

PS Regarding the mismatched submarine speeds, the two interfaces do not reference exactly the same speed measurements in terms of how relative speed is measured so they will not always match... normally this is not a problem, but in extreme cases, it can sometimes produce a mismatch.
Old 02-01-07, 11:16 AM   #3
Bera
Gunner

Downloads: 103

I´m having a problem with this mission: after I deploy the DSRV (at 2 or less knots), it usually hits my sail (getting about 5-20% of damage), gets near the rescuable sub and surfaces right above it, keeping steady for about 5 minutes. Then it sets course to my boat but doesn´t dock, keeping a straight course right past me. Any help?
Bera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 11:43 AM   #4
Dr.Sid
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

I was designing some DSRV missions .. and they did not work. So I looked into doctrine and database .. and I tell you, I'd like to see working mission with DSRV. It is not possible in my opinion.
DSRV redocking for sure must be made manually in the mission (distance trigger). There is no such feature in the DSRV doctrine itself.
DSRV also does not seem to have sensor which can read target's depth, so it can't get close in 3D (only in 2D). Also the launch procedure was pretty risky, as you mentioned.
I've tried some modifications to both database and doctrine, with much better results, but I lost it in HD breakdown and I was lazy to do that all again. I hear some DSRV redesign is planed in future versions of LWAMI.
Dr.Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 11:50 AM   #5
GakunGak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

My sub was stationary so the DSRV hit my sail... I had 0% where DSRV had 45% damage. The effect of my sub going down is that it seemed like flooding, but no damage... At least the blowing should help, but it did not... However, my sub was at 0 kts at all stop so the dsrv hit my sail bridge... Usually after impact the sub spins around, but mine in this case [happened only this time] went straight to bottom... I know for the speeding effect under left/right rudder, but this did not seemed normal... I was playing a custom mission from subguru where i had to pickup defecting ILA terrorists from the foxtrot sub, and i closed within 1 nm and slowed at all stop at 250 feet. I belive this is some king of bug...
Old 02-01-07, 02:12 PM   #6
Bera
Gunner

Downloads: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by GakunGak
My sub was stationary so the DSRV hit my sail... I had 0% where DSRV had 45% damage. The effect of my sub going down is that it seemed like flooding, but no damage... At least the blowing should help, but it did not... However, my sub was at 0 kts at all stop so the dsrv hit my sail bridge... Usually after impact the sub spins around, but mine in this case [happened only this time] went straight to bottom... I know for the speeding effect under left/right rudder, but this did not seemed normal... I was playing a custom mission from subguru where i had to pickup defecting ILA terrorists from the foxtrot sub, and i closed within 1 nm and slowed at all stop at 250 feet. I belive this is some king of bug...
Have you tried setting your speed to "back emergency"? It should have decreased your depht rate...
Bera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 03:05 PM   #7
GakunGak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The things I've done:
1: Going to back emergency having negative dive angle...
2. Setting to positive dive angle by ordering surface at ahead flank.
3. Blowing Main Ballast Tanks...
The effect was like my sub was filled with water and was beyond control, the same thing as in Das Boot!