SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-11, 11:53 AM   #5746
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin40 View Post
Damn...it's 1939/11/21...I sunk a US merchant....failed to recognize flag...

...and now?
United States declares the unrestricted war to Germany on 1939/11/21. No need of Pearl Harbour!

Greetings

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 12:59 PM   #5747
Robin40
Chief

Downloads: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
And now the US of A is at war with you, personally, until 1939/11/22.

Bad Kaleun! BdU spank!

I would suggest staying away from all US ships, planes, bases, and coastlines for the next 24 hours. For that length of time after the sinking, Uncle Sam considers you his sworn enemy. Enjoy your private one-day war with the US Armed Forces!

Other than that, I dunno, have you edited the renown penalty for sinking neutrals? If not, IIRC you'll lose the same amount you would've gained had the ship been from an enemy nation (at least in GWX).
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
United States declares the unrestricted war to Germany on 1939/11/21. No need of Pearl Harbour!

Greetings

Fitzcarraldo
No problem guys!

I sent a message of apologies to uncle Franklin
Robin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 06:08 PM   #5748
artao
Officer

Downloads: 144

Just got SH3 goin again after about a year of absence, and several computer rebuilds .... GWX 3 of course ...
ummm
I'm sure this has been addressed SOMEWHERE in here, but I ain't wading thru almost 400 pages to find the answer, sorry
I thought that with GWX I was supposed to start a career with the full 1500 reknown (from completing the training missions) without actually doing the training missions ... I'm clearly wrong, as I started with only 500 reknown .... is that correct?
also, i may have to drop back to non-manual targeting for awhile until I get used to this sim again ... using MaGUI as well, 'cause it's cool and awesome ... but DAMN is it hard to do!! LOLz

artao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 01:24 AM   #5749
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

You do have to complete at least one of the training missions to get the 1500 Renown. Navigation will suffice.
Old 01-16-11, 03:24 AM   #5750
bybyx
Ensign

Downloads: 942

I have SH3+GWX3+SHCommander and the following mods:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/28/modsn.jpg
How can I transfer from Wilhelmshaven to bases in France? The date is 16 July 1940.
bybyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 07:34 AM   #5751
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybyx View Post
I have SH3+GWX3+SHCommander and the following mods:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/28/modsn.jpg
How can I transfer from Wilhelmshaven to bases in France? The date is 16 July 1940.
A question about your list:

You apply SH5 water after MEP 3...SH5 water isn´t compatible with MEP: the environment of SH5 overwrites the MEP. I think you see only SH5 water. If this mod is the 20 Km version, MEP sensors works OK. But if you use SH5 water 16k or 8k, the sensors.dat don´t work properly.

Can you combine the MEP and SH5 water with goods results? I think this combination is wrong...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 01-16-11, 08:39 AM   #5752
bybyx
Ensign

Downloads: 942

I have the 20 km version. I enabled it after this post:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166933
bybyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 09:28 AM   #5753
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybyx View Post
I have the 20 km version. I enabled it after this post:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166933
Yes, I´ve read that thread, but they didn´t arrived to goods results. For a good combination of MEP with SH5 water, it´s needs work on S3D with the environment files.

Now, I´m watching the new environment mod by Hans Witteman, I hope will be the best. Hans is finishing the mod, and - after his commentary - it will be awesome.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 01-16-11, 10:52 AM   #5754
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

For my new game intallation I've cobbled together a combination of v0.9 (20km) SH5 Water and MEPv3 along with some other files that I was always using either way.

It uses the scene.dat and all the EnvColors and SkyColors .dat files from SH5 Water, along with its Nori00, Nori01 and Senin .tga files.

From MEPv3, it uses the 12 SeaFoam .tga files plus the entire contents of the sensor pack for GWX3.

That seemed to be the best combination of what you'd get if you enabled MEPv3 + patch + GWX sensors pack, then enabled SH5 Water on top of it, but without adding the MEP flat sun fix (as discussed in comet61's thread on that experiment). I'm pretty sure rik007 intended v0.9 to take care of the flat sun issue at least for ATI users, so there's no need for MEP's Flat Sun Fix.

And I threw in the 12 1024x1024 foam .tga files from the Foam mod and the Peak.tga from Sober's 3D waves.

I have not spent much time in the game with this setup enabled, as I've just been starting test careers to get the game loaded and try out different mod combinations - but so far it looks fine. I'll have to see how the sensor settings work on the AI side once I get out on a real patrol.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 10:59 AM   #5755
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
For my new game intallation I've cobbled together a combination of v0.9 (20km) SH5 Water and MEPv3 along with some other files that I was always using either way.

It uses the scene.dat and all the EnvColors and SkyColors .dat files from SH5 Water, along with its Nori00, Nori01 and Senin .tga files.

From MEPv3, it uses the 12 SeaFoam .tga files plus the entire contents of the sensor pack for GWX3.

That seemed to be the best combination of what you'd get if you enabled MEPv3 + patch + GWX sensors pack, then enabled SH5 Water on top of it, but without adding the MEP flat sun fix (as discussed in comet61's thread on that experiment). I'm pretty sure rik007 intended v0.9 to take care of the flat sun issue at least for ATI users, so there's no need for MEP's Flat Sun Fix.

And I threw in the 12 1024x1024 foam .tga files from the Foam mod and the Peak.tga from Sober's 3D waves.

I have not spent much time in the game with this setup enabled, as I've just been starting test careers to get the game loaded and try out different mod combinations - but so far it looks fine. I'll have to see how the sensor settings work on the AI side once I get out on a real patrol.
Great! I´ll try your combo. How looks the water? (any screenshot?). In my SH3 GWX (in LSH3 I use the MEP LSH version), the SH5 water looks dark and with brownish shadows I don´t like. I have an ATI card. The MEP water looks...."aquatic", but the SH5 water looks "plain", without the bright and "aquosity" of MEP.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

Old 01-16-11, 11:13 AM   #5756
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

I was using the same version of SH5 Water before reinstalling, and to me it looks exactly the same now given that I've only been putzing around in harbors for 10 minutes or so at a time to make sure everything loads properly and doesn't kill my FPS.

Which it should, since I'm not overwriting any of its files with anything else. Basically I'm just using SH5 Water in its totality along with the sensor pack from MEPv3 (since I'm assuming it was put together specifically for a 20 km environment) plus some .tga files from there and some other sources that I was already using with SH5 by itself anyway.

So I expected no real change in the scenery, the big question for me will be how using the sensor pack from MEP affects things.
Old 01-16-11, 06:00 PM   #5757
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Great! I´ll try your combo. How looks the water? (any screenshot)
Try it at your own risk, I haven't been using it except for the last couple of days and just for a few minutes at a time.

Did snap these on the way out of Wilhelmshaven, though:

Old 01-16-11, 07:47 PM   #5758
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Try it at your own risk, I haven't been using it except for the last couple of days and just for a few minutes at a time.
Frau Kaleun, help, please! I want to take some screenshots in my SH3...I use Fraps for that, but the "print" key go to CTD!!! It´s a problem with the HighRes Fix, I know that, but how to take screenshots with the Resfix???

Many thanks, your images are great, but I don´t like the SH5 water, no, no.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 01-16-11, 10:40 PM   #5759
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

The Res Fix maps the screenshot function to the PrintScreen key, and I never had problems using it with my old setup. On some of those shots above, though, the game froze up on me. The first few times I was able to 'alt+tab' it to the taskbar and then pull it back up and it had unfrozen and gone back to normal but after the last attempt it finally froze completely and I had to pull up Task Manager to shut it down. It may have unfrozen on its own eventually but I was only making a test run and didn't want to wait around to find out.

I hate to think that I can't do screenshots any more, but it looks like whatever causes the CTD issue with the Res Fix is now an issue for me as well. I don't know any way around it because I've never had to find one before.

Environment mods are all a matter of taste and what your system can handle. If yours can run a 20km atmo you may find MEPv3 (the full mod, not the bits I pulled out of it) suits you better. TBH I didn't know how much I liked SH5 water until I was in the game without it, now it feels like something's missing if it's not there. And to be fair, cruising through the harbor on a relatively calm day doesn't really do it justice. The storms at sea are pretty awesome IIRC.
Old 01-17-11, 12:19 AM   #5760
Robin40
Chief

Downloads: 162

Quote:
I was using the same version of SH5 Water before reinstalling, and to me it looks exactly the same now given that I've only been putzing around in harbors for 10 minutes or so at a time to make sure everything loads properly and doesn't kill my FPS.

Which it should, since I'm not overwriting any of its files with anything else. Basically I'm just using SH5 Water in its totality along with the sensor pack from MEPv3 (since I'm assuming it was put together specifically for a 20 km environment) plus some .tga files from there and some other sources that I was already using with SH5 by itself anyway.

So I expected no real change in the scenery, the big question for me will be how using the sensor pack from MEP affects things.
I did it the same

No CTD...sensor pack seems to be working
Robin40 is offline   Reply With Quote