SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?
Mighty Trumpster 30 54.55%
Good ol' Joe 20 36.36%
Ross Perot 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-20, 11:21 AM   #421
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Well... he has fulfilled his campaign promise "to make 'Merika grate again!" I don't imagine he'll be as gracious to Biden as Washington was to Adams at the first transfer of power: "I am fairly out and you are fairly in." In fact, I doubt seriously he'll even show up for the swearing-in ceremony unless they use his Bible!
I only say: McCain.
I only say: KIAs.
I only say: veterans.
That was so very low standard, I have not forgotten it.

I said he will not leave the White House with noible gesture, or in an honoirable way, but like a fart in the wind. And that is what will happen. He will leave like a fart in the wind.

I only hope the wind does not change direction, because the the smell of this fart is extraordinarily exceptionell and extremely persistent. It may need a hurricance to clean it from the poisoned air in the party headquarters. Could take many years.
Old 11-07-20, 11:27 AM   #422
Skybird
Soaring

Jetzt dreht er völlig durch! Armer Irrer.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...99845045071873
Old 11-07-20, 11:28 AM   #423
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I wonder who's going to tell Trump that stopping the counting will just mean Biden wins...
Old 11-07-20, 11:41 AM   #424
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

/\ I'm sure his Slovenian 'naked starlet' FLOTUS whispers it in his unPOTUS'd ear nightly...sort of like "king! thou art mortal errrr FIRED!"

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 11-07-20, 12:01 PM   #425
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Jetzt dreht er völlig durch! Armer Irrer.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...99845045071873
"Einige oder alle der Inhalte, die in diesem Tweet geteilt werden, sind umstritten und möglicherweise irreführend in Bezug auf die Beteiligung an einer Wahl oder einem anderen staatsbürgerlichen Prozess. Mehr erfahren ..."
Referring to his tweets

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 11-07-20, 12:12 PM   #426
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Well... he has fulfilled his campaign promise "to make 'Merika grate again!" I don't imagine he'll be as gracious to Biden as Washington was to Adams at the first transfer of power: "I am fairly out and you are fairly in." In fact, I doubt seriously he'll even show up for the swearing-in ceremony unless they use his Bible!

Maybe he'll be as gracious as Obama was to him and launch a fake investigation into Chinese collusion with the Biden Campaign.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 11-07-20, 12:28 PM   #427
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

This begs the question "Will the eventual definitive decision end up being taken by the Supreme Court"?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-07-20, 12:47 PM   #428
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-07-20, 12:54 PM   #429
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

To those of you who supported Biden, congratulation to your win.

To those of you who supported Trump.. he got only a few million fewer votes than Biden and he could have won if it wasn't for this well known opponent who appeared during his term in the White House an opponent he failed to tackle correctly.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 11-07-20, 01:21 PM   #430
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
This begs the question "Will the eventual definitive decision end up being taken by the Supreme Court"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna
2000: Controversial US presidential election between George W. Bush and Al Gore is inconclusive; the result, in Bush's favour, is eventually resolved by the Supreme Court.
I doubt the US Supreme Court will make the same mistake twice; especially with 3 women and a black justice dissenting. Once a justice is appointed he/she becomes the Court's Justice not the political tool of the President who appointed them....I 'spect the Court would expediently decline to hear such petty matters in favor of the overwhelming (most votes in history!)verisimilitude of the people! Sometimes 'art follows life':

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 11-07-20, 01:25 PM   #431
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
I doubt the US Supreme Court will make the same mistake twice; especially with 3 women and a black justice dissenting. Once a justice is appointed he/she becomes the Court's Justice not the political tool of the President who appointed them....I 'spect the Court would expediently decline to hear such petty matters in favor of the overwhelming (most votes in history!)verisimilitude of the people!
That's a good answer, I suspected there may have been room for a little bias but what do I know?

Old 11-07-20, 02:41 PM   #432
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I think the way the media has characterized the whole "stop counting" thing is wrong but Trump-haters are simple enough to believe it. The legal actions the President's team has put forward are to ensure the counting is done according to the law.

No matter who benefits and who suffers from a thorough investigation into any voter fraud or vote counting violations, I'm all for it. Check the whole thing carefully and let the legal votes determine the outcome. I'm pretty confident it will not materially affect the outcome, Biden has won the election.
Onkel Neal is online  
Old 11-07-20, 02:47 PM   #433
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Just now on Danish news channel.

People behind me is really celebrating, like they have been liberated

What!? Was Trump such an awful a President ?

What about all these millions of vote he got.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 11-07-20, 03:30 PM   #434
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

What!? Was Trump such an awful a President ?

- Awful is a subjective term and everyone has their opinion on this

What about all these millions of vote he got.

- What about it? There were people who wanted Trump to be president and there were people who wanted Biden to be president.
Old 11-07-20, 03:36 PM   #435
Skybird
Soaring

Der Tagesspiegel (Berlin) headlines it this:

The destroyer leaves, the rubble remains.

Neal, if I do not miss something there:
of all attempts of when the Trump minions tried to sue, almost all - all but one - got dismissed by the judges due to lack of evidence, and the case that resulted in a court rule in favour of the Republicans, was a minor nuisance of completely irrelevant proportions. Not a single evidence so far has been presented. Not one. But the FBI investigates in case of two armed Trump mobsters trying to access a counting centre by force. The recount in Georgia also is meaningless, is due to the tight race there and fully according to their laws, Biden gained too many other votes in the other states as if Georgia means anythign anymore. OSCE observers said the election was in all states remarkably transparent and legal and valid, so was the counting. Not one major complaint by them. Not one. Nothign that was more thna the usual to be expected small number of mishaps and accidents that happen at EVERY election in EVERY country, npothign on a sclae that even came close to being of decisive proportions. NOTHING. In two states where Trump started to slam the Democrats for manipulating the count, the governors are Republicans and the top directors of the whole counting process supervising it all are Republicans as well - not Democrats.

Forgive that I say "in those two states" instead of giving the names, but after all its a foreign coutnry and I do not store every city name and geographical detail of your national map on mind, I just log the general content of the news messages. It were two sates were Trump became the loudest about.

An hour ago they had two representaives on German special report program, from Republicans Overseas, and Democrats Abroad. The two could not have been more different. The young lady for the democrats reached out, was polite, tried to be fair and balanced and indeed she was very constructive and inviting and fair. The Republican immediately reloaded Trump conspiracy lies and even reported fake news on FBI investigations , something for which he was rewarded a solid and superfast fact-check and correction by a German foreign correspondent in Washington, and the man then vaguely and mysteriously outlined future threats and delays to everything and that the nTrumpistas will fight and fioght and fight. Clearly a propagator of party before country, lets leave n othign but brunt soil.

But it is you Americans needing to live on this burnt soil, people. You two sides have to learn to talk with each other again. A house divided will not stand.

The Republicans Overseas representative still lived in his alternate universe, denying reality. The moderator later adressed him again, it was all done via cable, and he got only a frozen picture in return. I think it possible that the technical "malfunction" was an emergency measure initiated to stop the man from abusing the prime TV broadcasting for more propagnda of this kind - we all over here are so very very sick and tired of listening to this bull again and again and again. I also hold it possible thzat maybe - maybe - the man freaked out in the other studio and the wire therefore was cut, hiding it behind a tehcnciual malfucntion. I hold this possible - I do nto say we know that it was this way. It was very unpleasant to watch him just after Trump had been formally defeated. Heck, one should know when enoguh is enough. Its enough. Its freaking enough of this madness by now. STOP.

But I fear a Republican led senate will just try to turn the whole political country into charcoal. "In order to save it, we have to destroy this country." Nothing good can ever come from this attitude that puts "retaliation and revenge" over "future".

Last edited by Skybird; 11-07-20 at 03:45 PM.
Closed Thread