SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-15-08, 01:49 PM   #61
Murr44
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
I haven't actually used the mod but sometimes I get the navigation officer to give me a weather report saying:
Wind 15 knots, Precipitation none, Fog Heavy.
Except that it's teaming down! Has anyone else noticed this?
I haven't downloaded the mod yet but yes. Sometimes I get a "precipitation none" report & when I look outside immediately afterwards, it's pouring. I'm pretty sure that this is a long term bug: I experienced it a number of times while playing stock & it has reared it's ugly head again in GWX. Guess it's one of those things that just can't be eliminated...

P.S. The Mediafire link is not working for me. I get to the "Processing download request" part & then nothing happens.

Last edited by Murr44; 05-15-08 at 02:04 PM.
Murr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 08:36 PM   #62
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
"Processing download request"
Actually I have had that a few times with mediafire, many hours later it usually works again!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 11:09 PM   #63
Murr44
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 16

It tells me that I must have cookies enabled (which I do) & I still get the "Processing...request" message but nothing ever happens. Are there any other links other than the 2 that were provided. Neither will work for me..
Murr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-08, 06:02 AM   #64
Lzs von swe
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 66

I have one question on this mod.
If you use it to get better viewing distance in bad weather, will the AI see further too? As I understand it no:hmm:

I ask because you often miss out on "historical" battles because the visibility is so low that the ships donīt see each other and therefor donīt shoot at each other.
I have posted about this here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...d=1#post904924 , sorry to kind of double post..
Old 09-16-08, 09:07 PM   #65
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517
Default please help

Can you tell me exactly how Stop the Rain mod works & what do you do with the mod in the game? I did the save on bad weather & put this mod in then reloaded my game & still have bad weather. Does it just stop the rain? Do you know how I can get good weather most of the time, I just got done with over 30 days of bad weather & I am just tired of it. Is there a place in the SH3 GWX configuration files I can change to get good weather ? I would appreciate any help.
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 09:39 PM   #66
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Hi HG, strange :hmm: Sounds like you are following the directions as per the Mod Read-me below.

When you are in that bad weather endless situation you then may save&exit your game. Alt tab to windows and use JSGME to enable the mod. Alt tab again and reload your game. Voila!. no more bad weather now! Then play normally (hunt if you want) and when the game itself start to change the weather 48 to 72hrs ahead (even a wind heading change is enough...) save&exit again, Alt tab, disable the mod, alt tab again, reload your game and continue to play normally! That is it!

I have used used this before with success

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 10:38 PM   #67
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehiredgun
Can you tell me exactly how Stop the Rain mod works & what do you do with the mod in the game? I did the save on bad weather & put this mod in then reloaded my game & still have bad weather. Does it just stop the rain? Do you know how I can get good weather most of the time, I just got done with over 30 days of bad weather & I am just tired of it. Is there a place in the SH3 GWX configuration files I can change to get good weather ? I would appreciate any help.
The Stop the Rain! mod modifies some settings in scene.dat that donīt have any side effect for your game. Itīs aimed to be used eventually if needed.
Itīs possible to only have good weather acting on the same settings that I messed on the mod...but itīs a bit hard to explain how to do it and I guess that you will lose some good features of the game - the weather changes itself - even if it is a bit broken since SH3 release.

I suggest that you try the Real Weather fix, mod by Stiebler and SZero that really works to diminush that endless bad weather, and eventually this mod (Stop the Rain!) if needed. I guess that this way you will have the best scenario possible in this matter.

@Lzs von swe: (sorry for the so late reply, I'm a bit far from SH3 since some time now)
Notice that the Stop the Rain! Mod just fool the game...but it really works on the sensors side too (for the player and the AI). Then, the game will act as it was in medium fog with a bit less high waves for the player and the AI. So, it must work for what you asked; if you try/test it, let we know yours finds.

Itīs really a pleasure to take a look at this forum from time to time. Cheers to all you guys!

Rubini.
Old 09-17-08, 01:45 PM   #68
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517

Well I would like to thank everyone for your help cause I have had my 1st success with this mod.
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote