SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-07, 10:11 AM   #211
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
I will be out on the weekend but expect the 16km fix mod for the next week.
Nice one Rubini

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 01:46 PM   #212
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

Rubini,

Have a good one!

Wilcke
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-07, 08:51 PM   #213
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Thanks for the reply Rubini, yes I have found SH3 Commander have varying AI_Sensors.dat files & cfg files that mess things up a bit, I have rolled back & removed them from the various random folders etc. Mod seem to be functioning properly now. One unusual thing is that I often get no contact, then going to Hydraphone, point to ship sound, shows the type, THEN the crew start reporting the contact, but as soon as I leave to external view all goes quiet again! until I press "H", is this a stock bug?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-07, 09:32 PM   #214
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
Thanks for the reply Rubini, yes I have found SH3 Commander have varying AI_Sensors.dat files & cfg files that mess things up a bit, I have rolled back & removed them from the various random folders etc. Mod seem to be functioning properly now. One unusual thing is that I often get no contact, then going to Hydraphone, point to ship sound, shows the type, THEN the crew start reporting the contact, but as soon as I leave to external view all goes quiet again! until I press "H", is this a stock bug?
Yes, I think so.
The hydrophones is the most important thing that was left unfinished by the Devs. Raduz that was also working with Hydrophones also find a lot of small bugs on it.

Anyway this mod don´t makes any deep change on hydophones (in truth in any settings). On Hydrophones I just raised it´s deafult range and "velocity" of the detection by the crew. So this type of bug that you describe is not related with these changes. I also had noticed them before this mod.
Old 04-15-07, 10:53 PM   #215
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Thanks Rubini, I finally came across plenty of aircraft near Scapa Flow (early 1941), been a bit scarce till now, although visual sightings & hydraphones have been great this does not apply to aircraft, twice I have had to reload the game, as soon as the aircraft is spotted it is too late, there is no time to dive, if you stay on the surface and fight, bombs drop directly on deck and kill you, if you do manage to dive they drop bombs on deck and you die! This is the 8k version, is there a way to spot them earlier & make them not quite so Uber? I double checked the files:
Sensors.dat (30k version)
AI_Sensors.dat (Jungman)
Sim.cfg & Sensors.cfg
They are definitely the correct ones.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Reece; 04-16-07 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-16-07, 01:53 AM   #216
panzerschutze12ss
Watch

Downloads: 638

Does anybody have this MOD posted on FileFront? Can not download it off Rapidshare and would really like to try this MOD. If nobody has it up on FileFront could sombody please let me know if they would be willing to send it by e-mail to me. Thank You
panzerschutze12ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 03:00 AM   #217
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerschutze12ss
Does anybody have this MOD posted on FileFront? Can not download it off Rapidshare and would really like to try this MOD. If nobody has it up on FileFront could sombody please let me know if they would be willing to send it by e-mail to me. Thank You
I already posted another link in this thread but here you go again http://files.filefront.com/Stay_Aler.../fileinfo.html
poor sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 05:26 AM   #218
panzerschutze12ss
Watch

Downloads: 638

Thanks PoorSailor! I'm pretty good in serching the threads for the answers to my prob. But in haste I missed your post. As they say it's the one you don't see that gets you. THANKS AGAIN!

NOW I"LL GO AND AGAINST THE BULKHEAD!!!!
panzerschutze12ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 07:39 AM   #219
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thanks Rubini, I finally came across plenty of aircraft near Scapa Flow (early 1941), been a bit scarce till now, although visual sightings & hydraphones have been great this does not apply to aircraft, twice I have had to reload the game, as soon as the aircraft is spotted it is too late, there is no time to dive, if you stay on the surface and fight, bombs drop directly on deck and kill you, if you do manage to dive they drop bombs on deck and you die! This is the 8k version, is there a way to spot them earlier & make them not quite so Uber? I double checked the files:
Sensors.dat (30k version)
AI_Sensors.dat (Jungman)
Sim.cfg & Sensors.cfg
They are definitely the correct ones.
Any help would be appreciated.
I can ensure to you that the planes are now detected far before than in the original GWX/Stock...and it is plane size dependant. Anyway the small aircraft are yet not detected in a good distance, but the medium and big ones probably will be. It's always possible to put this yet far distant but we will notice some small side effects...the small ships will become to be detected also so far away.
Another necessary comment is about fog presence. The game really makes the airplanes/small ships a bit more difficult to detect when you have fog.

Anybody more have some feedback on planes detection or noticed some other odd side effect? If needed I can adjust the planes detection to go yet more distant.

@Reece: can you test a adjusted version of the Sensors.dat when the airplanes detection will be the double distance that you have now?
Old 04-16-07, 08:25 AM   #220
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Quote:
@Reece: can you test a adjusted version of the Sensors.dat when the airplanes detection will be the double distance that you have now?
Yes there is a saved version about 300k before the area of this incident, or, if required I can restart a new patrol, go back there, & deliberately "hang around" to see what happens!
The planes are Hurricanes I think, sound sluggish, 1 prop.
Thanks, eagerly wait for link!
Cheers.

PS. Was a clear day.

Old 04-16-07, 09:19 AM   #221
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Quote:
Yes there is a saved version about 300k before the area of this incident, or, if required I can restart a new patrol, go back there, & deliberately "hang around" to see what happens!
The planes are Hurricanes I think, sound sluggish, 1 prop.
Thanks, eagerly wait for link!
Cheers.

PS. Was a clear day.
Yes, you can enable middle patrol. Then you can use your saved game.
I will post the link some hours later (i'm at my work now).
Old 04-16-07, 09:28 AM   #222
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Thanks, don't rush, It's just after midnight here so I'm off for my beauty sleep now!
Cheers.

Old 04-16-07, 11:55 AM   #223
poor sailor
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
I can ensure to you that the planes are now detected far before than in the original GWX/Stock...and it is plane size dependant. Anyway the small aircraft are yet not detected in a good distance, but the medium and big ones probably will be. It's always possible to put this yet far distant but we will notice some small side effects...the small ships will become to be detected also so far away.
Another necessary comment is about fog presence. The game really makes the airplanes/small ships a bit more difficult to detect when you have fog.

Anybody more have some feedback on planes detection or noticed some other odd side effect? If needed I can adjust the planes detection to go yet more distant.
I did some test in my patrol. It's a 1943 and there is a lot of planes in Bay of Biscay
Well, because I use assisted plotting mod I haven't the right measure of distance because the line is dotted, but usualy when I have "Radar signal message" I dive to be safe, in this test I let the crew to tell me "Aircraft spotted", when It's happened I instantly ordered crash dive and I had a little damage to my VIIC, about 3%, the plane got me before I dived (Weather is clear, night, early morning, about 4:30AM). In previous test I did when your mod came out I haven't same problem and I dive safely. Maybe some little adjustments needed to see a plane on time to dive safely? Anyway great mod and in my list of favourite mods!
Old 04-16-07, 12:32 PM   #224
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor sailor
Quote:

I did some test in my patrol. It's a 1943 and there is a lot of planes in Bay of Biscay
Well, because I use assisted plotting mod I haven't the right measure of distance because the line is dotted, but usualy when I have "Radar signal message" I dive to be safe, in this test I let the crew to tell me "Aircraft spotted", when It's happened I instantly ordered crash dive and I had a little damage to my VIIC, about 3%, the plane got me before I dived (Weather is clear, night, early morning, about 4:30AM). In previous test I did when your mod came out I haven't same problem and I dive safely. Maybe some little adjustments needed to see a plane on time to dive safely? Anyway great mod and in my list of favourite mods!
Thanks for the feedback mate!

You said that this test was at night. Well, at night is really difficult to see the aircraft and the game (and the mod) shows this correctly i think.:hmm:
But I´m absolutelly open minded in this question. The mod can (and must) be adjusted for what we think that is the best for gameplay (and realism if possible).
I will post a version with more smart crew to detect airplanes visually. Have choices is the best part of the mods!

Or i can show how to make this by yourself...what I trhink that is the best way to go
It´s just one value on the Sensors.dat file!
Old 04-16-07, 12:40 PM   #225
poor sailor
XO

Quote:
Or i can show how to make this by yourself...what I trhink that is the best way to go
It´s just one value on the Sensors.dat file!
That's no problem, show me what to do and I will do it myself. And of course, which opening tool I need to made that change in sensors.dat? Thanks for your help!