SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-06, 09:56 AM   #1
Fire_Spy
Mate

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default Seawolf SSN-21 Campaign

I had been thinking about trying to redo the old Seawolf SSN-21 missions and the other day actually started it.

The first mission has you trying to track and classify 2 typhoons travelling along beneath a small Russian taskforce consisting of 2 Sovs, 1 CVG and the Kirov . So I build the mission and at first had the seawolf starting to far away (it took nearly 2 hours just to detect and track two of the ships in the TF) so after moving it closer (about 23Nm away instead of the 40 or so it was originally) I set 2 triggers.

The first goes off when you detect both SSBN's and are within 5nm of them both. This displays a message telling you that you have started tracking both SSBN's(I did this using doctrine).

The second one (also using doctrine) waits for 15 mins (900secs) and then checks whether you still have contact and if so plays the elf.wav and bingo you've done it.

But it didn't work. The first trigger fired but the second didnt.

The second went something like :

if timesincetriggerfired == 900 secs and is detectionheldnow ssbn13 and isdetectionheldnow ssbn208 then triggerfired.

I have changed it to wait until time is greater than 900 secs and it just checks if ownship detects both ssbn's.

Is there an easier way to do this?

I thought of using duration set to 15 mins but I was certain it would work. I also tried to find another mission which required ownship to track something for a certain time but couldnt find one(i have a whole bunch of scenarios I d/l'd from subguru ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced
The Russians knew where the carrier group was, but it would move in the four hours required by the bombers to get there. Their missiles needed precise information if they were to home in on the raid's primary target, the two American and one French carrier, or the mission was a wasted effort.

The game was hide and seek, played over a million square miles of ocean. The losers died.
Fire_Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-06, 10:14 AM   #2
Miska
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Don't use == marks on trigger it doesn't work. Try instead timesincetriggerfired > 900
Miska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-06, 06:19 PM   #3
awood6535
A-ganger

Downloads: 0

I loved those missions miss old ssn-21 game Work away please Are you going to make all of them ?
awood6535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-06, 06:38 PM   #4
Fire_Spy
Mate

Downloads: 25

I am going to try to.

It may take a while I have done the first five and I am going to test them first. I dont want to rush it .

Also some of the missions can't be done where the original game had them , for example the 4th mission (backyard boomers) had you taking on 3 SSBN's and a SSN in Chesapeake Bay. But in this game CB is very shallow (averages about 45-50 feet) . so I moved the location to just off the Eastern United States seaboard.

Then there is the fact that it is harder to track and identify contacts in this game (compared to the old Seawolf game) I need to tone down some things . Like the first and third mission, In the original game they were easier missions to ease you into the game so I have fixed these missions so they are slightly easier.

As I said this is going to take me a while. But I am enjoying it. I am also hoping that my mission building gets better as I go so by the time I get to the end I can go back make the 1st couple even better. :|\

edit: oh and thanks for the tip about == not working..
The Russians knew where the carrier group was, but it would move in the four hours required by the bombers to get there. Their missiles needed precise information if they were to home in on the raid's primary target, the two American and one French carrier, or the mission was a wasted effort.

The game was hide and seek, played over a million square miles of ocean. The losers died.
Fire_Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-06, 07:04 PM   #5
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

Sounds very promising. Good luck, and feel free to send me your files if you want help.