SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-06-20, 05:21 PM   #1501
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post

If you're playing an authentic game, 15 eels is the limit after May of '43 for type IXB u-boats (Read the whole topside Torpedo thread for greater understanding https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...32&postcount=1) :https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...3&postcount=13 http://www.uboatarchive.net/BDU/BDUKTB30323.htm

Quote:
Provision of upper deck containers:
On 30.4 the order was given to omit upper deck containers when fitting out all boats operating in the North Atlantic. This order was necessitated by the gradually increasing number of cases where, when the boats were depth-charged or bombed, especially at fairly great depths, the upper deck containers were cracked or started leaking, or were swamped and thus very gravely endangered the boat, especially the Type IX which carries 8 deck containers. It is suspected that this has been the cause of the loss of many boats.
The following orders are now in force for the provision of upper deck containers:
1) Type VIIb, c, d - none.
2) Type IXb, c - normally none.
Type IXc is to take 6 upper deck containers with 6 torpedoes when special orders are given, but only on operations in the south.
3) Type IXd - 12 upper deck containers with 12 torpedoes.
Thus, the upper deck cargo for IXc boats operating in the south has been reduced from 8 to 6 torpedoes to reduce the danger to the boat if containers should spring a leak.
In connection with the foregoing order Ob.d.M. made the following decision regarding new construction of upper deck containers.
i) Containers on all boats in commission will not be replaced if they have proved faulty.
ii) New construction Type VIIc will be equipped with stronger iron upper deck containers as already planned, also, as before, the loading gear for use at sea.
iii) New construction Type IXc will be equipped with 6 upper deck containers built of light metal, but possessing greater stability; Type IXd will carry 12 containers.
iv) Type IXb and c boats putting to sea without upper deck containers will not have their ballast redistributed, but will carry some 5 tons less fuel.
v) Type Xb will be issued with 6 upper deck containers as before, but they are only to be put on board if special orders are given.
Ahoy, Aktungbby

Ok, can understand that, but.. that involves later on in the war, as I understand it... having went & read the post here & the one on uboat archive.

From what I can find, they did go out with a full load out, early on... which would be applicable in game.

Given that, is there or do you know, of a mod having been made, that would be usable by SH3 stock or any mega version that works that in that would correct the torp load outs, so as to match with all of that.?

I ask, as I go for as close as is possible, given the limitations & all, for realism. Short of jumping into a time machine (which, as far as I know of.. doesn't exist... or is known of... ) & going back to those days... so any info to assist in that, would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.

M. M.

Old 12-06-20, 11:42 PM   #1502
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

I don't remember exactly which WB's mod regulates the loading of torpedoes. I recently edited my Basic. cfg. You can do this yourself.
Old 12-06-20, 11:47 PM   #1503
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
I don't remember exactly which WB's mod regulates the loading of torpedoes. I recently edited my Basic. cfg. You can do this yourself.
Ok, well.. that at least gives Me an idea of where to look...

I shall see of delving into the file, ensuring that I do a copy sent to desk top to do the poking about in it... of course... & do some looking for WB's mods...

M. M.

Edit: Well... no such luck on finding on subsim, of anything that WB may have done of 'mods'... their subsim page is a deserted island, in the middle of a big sea...

Guess that leaves Me, looking into the .cfg file you mentioned & see of working out on a JSGME set up to adjust the torp load outs... accordingly to that info.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-07-20 at 12:05 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 12:28 AM   #1504
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Aktungbby
I ask, as I go for as close as is possible, given the limitations & all, for realism. Short of jumping into a time machine (which, as far as I know of.. doesn't exist... or is known of... ) & going back to those days... so any info to assist in that, would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.

M. M.

Indeed: I've always pegged U for a realistic player, so I intervened with the "topside torpedo" thread with historic reality input from other serious and more knowledgable gents: Fubar295 & Pancoast. I don't play SHIII, so l'm little help on mods.

Quote:
Thanks for that imput

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 11:04 AM   #1505
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ok, well.. that at least gives Me an idea of where to look...

WB's SH3 Cmdr accurate torpedo loadout mod or
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...92&postcount=1
Old 12-07-20, 03:44 PM   #1506
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...92&postcount=1 still looks viable to me and/or a PM to poster: Tomfon, who is still active as of 11/28/2020....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 12:05 AM   #1507
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:

WB's SH3 Cmdr accurate torpedo loadout mod or
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...92&postcount=1
Thanks for pointing that out Anvar1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...92&postcount=1 still looks viable to me and/or a PM to poster: Tomfon, who is still active as of 11/28/2020....
Did do a snatch & grab of the mod in question... and after digging into the 'basic' guts of it... it looks like it should be usable. Am hot testing that out, to be sure of that fact... 1st impressions, thus far, look good...

I did take some time, to flesh out a message to tomfon, & hope that they still keep feelers in at subsim & check to see if they get any messages... it has been a bit, since their last log in.. but... do know that message notifications can be set to go to an email account elsewhere... so there is that hope, that they see the notify (that is, hoping they have that set up for that.... ) & clock in to retrieve it here.... 1 can hope.

Before using it, I did set it up, in a jsgme usable format, to facilitate back tracking, if there are any issues... as mentioned, thus far... looks good with no issues...

Thanks to both of y'all... Anvar1061 & Aktungbby

Signing off, for now...

Fair winds, smooth seas & plentiful targets...

Gute jagd, ihr himmelhunde

M. M.

Old 12-20-20, 04:33 PM   #1508
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5
Default It's about that time...

Urmel said the ETA for the mod was before Christmas, so will we get our supermod for Christmas? I am looking forward to this!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-20, 06:33 PM   #1509
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

I have been told by Prien1981 one of the main men of the LSH2020 Team that it will be released on Monday 21st December 2020
Happy Christmas and a Happy new Year to all at Subsim

blackswan40 cheers

Last edited by blackswan40; 12-20-20 at 07:52 PM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-20, 06:43 PM   #1510
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!

I'm so pumped for this!!! Best Christmas present ever!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers to Urmel and the LSH Team!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-20, 06:53 PM   #1511
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Default LSH2020 Ingame Screenies

• LSH2020 Screenies below to wet your appappetite enjoy

Last edited by blackswan40; 12-20-20 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-22-20, 02:20 AM   #1512
Drakken
Planesman

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
I have been told by Prien1981 one of the main men of the LSH2020 Team that it will be released on Monday 21st December 2020
Happy Christmas and a Happy new Year to all at Subsim

blackswan40 cheers
Any update on this announcement?
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 06:39 AM   #1513
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Hi Drakken i am expecting an update from Ariel (Urmel) any time release is close the supemod is finished its the English/German documentation thats taking a bit more time to compile.
The wait will soon be over and LSH2020 is well worth the wait its not just a work of art its a labour of love everything in LSH2020 is so refined.
Little things like when your torpedoe strikes home theres not just keel plates flying from the ship but you see the fragments of the wooden deck planks flying through the air too and then floating on the sea as the ship slows down then sinks some time after.

Last edited by blackswan40; 12-22-20 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-23-20, 02:55 PM   #1514
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Downloads: 6

Hi Friends

We release Supermod LIVING SILENT HUNTER - EDITION 2020 right now!

Please follow Info and Download Link here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=247795
Urmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 04:26 PM   #1515
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Post #4 Installation Manual For LSH3-2020 > Pictorial

Post #5 The New LSH3-2020 Installer > How To Install The Game > Pictorial
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote