SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
kkyarrick
Watch
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Melton Mowbray, UK
Posts: 17
Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
gear Receiving blank messages

I'm not sure if it is supplement to V16B1 causing this but I am receiving blank messages from both BDU and crew, I'm not sure what best cause of action is, I've tried tinkering with the mod and reactivating it but it seems to percist

Mod list
GWX 3.0
GWX Enhanced damage effects
GWX no medals on crew
MEP V6
MEP V6 Visual sensors for GWX3
Fsf for MEP v6
Ship vanishing Hull for MEP V6
Thomaen sound pack V3. 2cg
Rbs_sh4_effects_204f1
ARB Widegui 1920x1080
FixallsubGWX
Ricks GWX rec man final
Supplement to V16B1
kkyarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:15 PM   #2
John Pancoast
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Minnysoda
Posts: 2,296
Downloads: 399
Uploads: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkyarrick View Post
I'm not sure if it is supplement to V16B1 causing this but I am receiving blank messages from both BDU and crew, I'm not sure what best cause of action is, I've tried tinkering with the mod and reactivating it but it seems to percist

Mod list
GWX 3.0
GWX Enhanced damage effects
GWX no medals on crew
MEP V6
MEP V6 Visual sensors for GWX3
Fsf for MEP v6
Ship vanishing Hull for MEP V6
Thomaen sound pack V3. 2cg
Rbs_sh4_effects_204f1
ARB Widegui 1920x1080
FixallsubGWX
Ricks GWX rec man final
Supplement to V16B1
If you're getting blank messages, H.sie's patch is incorrectly installed. Specifically, the addition to the enmenu.txt. file.
__________________
".....contrary to the accepted wisdom - and mythology - at no time did the German U-boat force ever come close to winning the "Battle of the Atlantic...."

- Clay Blair
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
kkyarrick
Watch
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Melton Mowbray, UK
Posts: 17
Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Default

I thought that too and redid it, what I've just came across is I think SH3 commander is changing it when it starts the game as I have checked the files before starting and then after and that looks to be the culprit. Not sure where in its configs it's getting the data though
kkyarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:26 PM   #4
John Pancoast
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Minnysoda
Posts: 2,296
Downloads: 399
Uploads: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkyarrick View Post
I thought that too and redid it, what I've just came across is I think SH3 commander is changing it when it starts the game as I have checked the files before starting and then after and that looks to be the culprit. Not sure where in its configs it's getting the data though

Load the parts of the enmenu.txt file you want into the static settings.cfg file in your SH3 Commander cfg folder. Be sure to put it's path into the static settings file, just look at the other things in there and you'll see. I.e., here's mine: [data\Menu\en_menu.txt]


They'll get used for sure then. I had the same problem.
__________________
".....contrary to the accepted wisdom - and mythology - at no time did the German U-boat force ever come close to winning the "Battle of the Atlantic...."

- Clay Blair
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #5
kkyarrick
Watch
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Melton Mowbray, UK
Posts: 17
Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Load the parts of the enmenu.txt file you want into the static settings.cfg file in your SH3 Commander cfg folder. Be sure to put it's path into the static settings file, just look at the other things in there and you'll see. I.e., here's mine: [data\Menu\en_menu.txt]


They'll get used for sure then. I had the same problem.
That's great, thanks for that
kkyarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:47 PM   #6
John Pancoast
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Minnysoda
Posts: 2,296
Downloads: 399
Uploads: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkyarrick View Post
That's great, thanks for that
Sure thing. Any problems, post away.
__________________
".....contrary to the accepted wisdom - and mythology - at no time did the German U-boat force ever come close to winning the "Battle of the Atlantic...."

- Clay Blair
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:45 AM   #7
gmetzo
U-Boot Koch
 
gmetzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Greece
Posts: 19
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Load the parts of the enmenu.txt file you want into the static settings.cfg file in your SH3 Commander cfg folder. Be sure to put it's path into the static settings file, just look at the other things in there and you'll see. I.e., here's mine: [data\Menu\en_menu.txt]


They'll get used for sure then. I had the same problem.
Yo I am about 1 year late but today I had the exact same problem and your reply solved everything thank you very much sir!
__________________
El Psy Kongroo
gmetzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:02 PM   #8
John Pancoast
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Minnysoda
Posts: 2,296
Downloads: 399
Uploads: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmetzo View Post
Yo I am about 1 year late but today I had the exact same problem and your reply solved everything thank you very much sir!
__________________
".....contrary to the accepted wisdom - and mythology - at no time did the German U-boat force ever come close to winning the "Battle of the Atlantic...."

- Clay Blair
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.