SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-11, 10:10 AM   #91
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 211
Uploads: 0

LOL, I've a few more barnacles in mi beard than I used too.

EDIT or maybe that should be "Bats in my Belfry!"

Cheers

Aces
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 10:55 AM   #92
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
Hi chaps,
If there is a away to do this, and Anvart indicated that it could be possible, then...
First, i didn't say that possible to unlock pennants at a distance of 600 m ...2000m ...5000m or 10000 m.
Look post #40...
Second, the game has different events and UboatStates that can be used for such purposes.
I used InHarbor and InHarborNeutral states as the most suitable for my purposes.
May be can make a fully manual lifting and lowering of the pennants in any time... but this does not meet of my mod concepts.
If it don't like to somebody... don't use it.
I tired to repeat the same.
And i see that almost no one understands what i did.
I repeat, my mods DF antenna animation, Flag on Turm and Pennants on Turm are absolutely independent original works, and those mods don't uses stuff from other similar mods of other authors.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 05-17-11 at 11:44 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 11:05 AM   #93
Haihappen
Watch

Downloads: 35

@ Anvart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
This is a completely different independent work ... and don't has relation to "as it was before".
I know watcha mean. "As it was before" was a vanilla SH3 without anything. So: sailing around WITH anything (including your pennants) is to me like living in wonderland. Chapeau! And to show my prey at the rised scope for the last meters of my turn IS ALREADY better then it was before, you're alright! But you know that old story: paradise, apple, snake... Whatever it is - it's never enough.

So I thought to try some things instead of getting on your nerves. See how this ended up:

This (again) lets me see two things very clearly: sometimes it's not as easy as it seems to turn a screw - and the work that guys like you get done is not the product of only one sleepless night. But I will go on tryin', and if it only was to understand that I'm not able to get it. The more I fail, the more I will know about the value of a real modder's work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
I don't know what you have in mind, but if you don't like use "as it was before".
NO! Read it from my lips: NEVER! Leaving the harbour without flag? On a boat without a steaming potato-pot? Out of St.Naz without locks? Could it get any worse? Ah, how 'bout sailing with closed hatches?

Let me put it that way: if there is a person "A" , being a pro, and there are numerous other persons, moaning about how nice life could be, if only... From my experience it's only a question of time, until the right inspiration particle strikes the right brain. If it was mine - I would tell you. If it was yours, the better!

So: don't feel offended by my wishfull thinkings. I'll puzzle a little, and if I don't get it (what I think would be the fact) then I will sit here laid-back and shh-shh calm waiting for your next hit.

Did somebody say dawaj? I don't think so!

Gruesse!
Haihappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 12:02 PM   #94
Haihappen
Watch

@Aces
Quote:
Just to make it perfectly clear, I haven't changed anything in Anvart's flags, pennants, DF antenna mod and this mod is required to be installed before my Super Turms mod if you require the features of Anvart's mod and they are great features IMO.
IMO too. Download, unpack, install - works. Me happy!

Quote:
Now regarding the distance at which the pennants display in port, as the old saying goes "everything comes to he who waits". I've been too busy with lots and lots of things to investigate this and Anvart doesn't have a working computer ATM. If there is a away to do this, and Anvart indicated that it could be possible, then I'm sure that it'll come about sometime in the future.
No hurry! It was my own dumb idea to get me a 7c2 - for what reason I don't know any longer. It's just the fact that I didn't read carefully enough what you wrote. Clearly I was a little unhappy with the result of my doing. I simply had to realize how UGLY things were before Super Turms! For my part: I'm happy with a nice 7c1 too - don't want to use my AA gun any longer, cuz the planes are getting too dangerous. Take your time - or leave the c2 as it is. It's a heck of a job to get ALL thinkable configurations to the high level of the c1.

Quote:
I am spending many hours a day, seven days a week modding all this stuff ...
I know, I know... And a big, huge for this. What I don't know is how you manage this. I wouldn't. Wife, yes. Family, okay. Full time job, jaaa. But then it's over. My day has 24 hours - from where do you take another 8 hours for your modding business? It's unbelievable - but it must be true, cuz I'm sailing around with your mods. Therefore: if you heard any "hurry up!" or so - it wasn't me. It never will. I know what you're doing! (I think I do. But maybe I don't even have an idea...)

Quote:
I am not a professional graphics artist, I am not a professional 3d artist, I am not a professional programmer etc. but I muddle my way through in my own fashion.
You're not? Then how the f... did you get together all that stuff?

Quote:
...I thoroughly enjoy doing what I do, if I didn't then I wouldn't still be doing it after all these years...
Yes! Go on, mate. And hopefully I'll see the day to help you with something, like you did to so many others.

Gruesse!
Old 05-17-11, 12:15 PM   #95
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

You do not understand essence of mod ... you don't want to know the states of submarine and crew... you want only the distance ...
but the distance of UboatState can be changed by hacking of *.exe or *.act... may be... or not only .
But in the game everything is interconnected and increased distance would upset the balance of other things.
Quote:
Edited:
I have a different opinion when pennants ought be raised... and UBoatState InHarborNeutral is the best variant for this.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 06-05-11 at 08:55 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 01:07 PM   #96
Haihappen
Watch

@ Anvart

Thank you for that reply - now we're getting to the point! You're into the real thing while I try to get in. It was a little too optimistic of me to believe that there was only one screw to pull. Okay - so it's definitely NOT the distance. It has to do with the statuses. Oooh...

The status of my bridge crew i can SEE at least - they're taking down their glasses and "start to admire the view" as somebody put it (was that you?). But to CHANGE that status... That could really mean to crack *.act's (njaaa - maybe) or even an *.exe (no, I'm out of this!).

You saved me a lot of time with a single sentence. Now I'm nearly sure that it will be up to the pro's to solve that - if somebody is interested. Don't get me wrong: I will try my very best to find a solution on my own, but I'm not so optimistic any longer. But if I find something - you will be the first to hear from me. The "Flags and Pennants" is YOUR mod, right?

Now - if you want to give me some hints, I will be listening carefully. No need to discover the wheel twice...
Old 05-17-11, 01:39 PM   #97
Volk2
Medic

Downloads: 25

Quote:
When I worked on IL2-MAT Manager for IL-2 Sturmovik series
Oh man... You are the autor of IL-2 MAT Manager? I always wished to meet a guy who made a program with the most obscure, illegible, chaotic and absurd interface in the world! You are a picasso of interface - really, it is an art! Don't understand me wrong - when you manage to win with the interface the program is great and totally indispensable but you certainly heard about this many times.

And for those, who didn't have the pleasure to work with this wonder, MAT manager in all his glory:

Old 05-17-11, 01:48 PM   #98
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Hi mate,

And that from someone who taught himself to program especially to produce it. More and more options got added to the GUI as folks wanted more and more but it did what it said on the tin didn't it

Edit, oh and over the history of the program it had dozens of new feature versions and more that 20,000 downloads from my server so it served a purpose .

Cheers

Aces

Last edited by Aces; 05-17-11 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-17-11, 02:12 PM   #99
Volk2
Medic

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Edit, oh and over the history of the program it had dozens of new feature versions and more that 20,000 downloads from my server so it served a purpose .
It stays to this day on my disk, together with zillion of files in Il-2 paintschemes cache
Old 05-17-11, 02:19 PM   #100
Aces
Ace of the Deep

zillions (thousands) of MAT files each edited by my hand and a multiple find and replace text editor type program that was very frustrating to use.

and the only program that Oleg agreed to to add a setting to the conf.ini file in order that it would work!.

Cheers

Aces
Old 05-18-11, 02:41 AM   #101
Haihappen
Watch

Default Fuehlungsmeldung

Moin Aces!

As I said to you - hopefully I'll see the day to help you with something. Now this is it!

Yesterday night U69 left St.Naz for its 5th Feindfahrt. Erm... wanted to leave.
First I had to take a look around in the new pens. Took me an hour or so and gave me a fat reprimand from the commander - the Sperrbrecher was waiting outside the locks...

Amazing! What a life all around, all the boats and staff and the nurses (plus a Germen Shepherd...), that brilliant steam-loco and, and... Unbelievable!

Then the whole way back to my boat. Getting there I shoutet "Crew on deck", but nobody followed that order! Meuterei? Rebellion? No, a simple "CTRL+C, CTRL+V"-error in the command_de.cfg ("en" and "fr" are not affected). Gotcha, Aces!

In [Cmd250], third row was to read Key0=0x41,Cs,"SHIFT+D", but this "41" comes from Cmd150, the "Raise Antenna"-command. I corrected it to Key0=0x44,Cs,"SHIFT+D" and - hooray - finally got my crew on deck!

Me's a modder, too, isn't me?

Got back my 7c1-Turm (didn't cost me a dime!) and - aaahh, what a magnificent scene! My cigarettes are back on the bridge! And so on...

Now: up with the flag, up with the pennants, and then ahead one-third to Iceland!

Gruesse
Old 05-18-11, 04:45 AM   #102
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Well spotted my friend and thanks for drawing it to my attention.

I have edited my commands file for the next release. My one works, it must have been when I did the .de version that the error crept in.

I'm pleased that you are enjoying the mods, I've put a lot of effort into the pens and still have a few things I'd like to do for the next version but bedfore that there'll be another Super Turms release in the not too distant future.

cheers

Aces
Old 05-18-11, 05:17 AM   #103
Haihappen
Watch

Quote:
... and still have a few things I'd like to do for the next version ...
... as we all 'round here have lots of wishes to you!

But I'm sure you will get ready with satisfying ALL of them. Maybe when you're 65 - but we don't really care

Saw that description of your MAT-manager. Don't ask me nothing!

Ah, by the way: there's a new Type 7 interior coming up, you know that "MCHALO12 plus Diving Duck" thing. Oh, oh, oh! Did you see some leisure time in the future, maybe in your wildest dreams? Let me send you my best wishes, but I fear!

Take care of you. And please don't go to bed too late. For you know: women are... and men too...

Gruesse!
Old 05-24-11, 08:39 AM   #104
Jochem
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 245

I'm always using Mat Manager. It's always installed in my OS (All Aircraft Simulation mod) I Could'nt and I would'nt play at any time with il2 1946 without it. By the way, if you have test il2: cliffs of dover, you will notice that they are using the same system to use différent schemes.

Thanks for your awesome work, Aces. With your implication to the games we like it's gorgeous

<< "Quod me non necat me fortiorem facit"...
Jochem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-11, 09:18 AM   #105
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Hi chaps,

I'm very interested in the new Type 7 interior mod, MCHALO12 is doing some fantastic things.

Thanks for your kind comments regarding MAT Manager Jochem, I'm pleased that you are enjoying using the program. I haven't got CLOD yet as I don't have a PC to do it justice and also I'm waiting till they get most of the bugs out .

Kind regards to all

Aces