Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-10-22, 06:05 PM   #4426
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Trump was out of office before the second impeachment attempt and that didn't stop you Dems before, why now?

As for a pardon I could hardly care if President DeSantis does that or not. Funny how you, the democrats and our foreign troll contingent keep thinking that there is some hitler-like adoration of Trump rather than just his policies which any Republican can take up without being an obnoxious New Yorker about it.

In any case now that the precedent has been set that the DOJ and FBI can be used against ones political opponents, I hope that once the shoe of political power is on the other foot that fine tradition will continue. Be nice to see some Dems get the midnight SWAT team raid treatment instead of just republicans.
So much wrong with that.

Trump was impeached on January 13 while he was still in office.

Maybe you never have watched the people who think Trump was sent by God?

NARA asked the DOJ to get involved over the records, not the House.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 06:17 PM   #4427
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

This I know for sure

The next Civil War in USA will not, be fought on the battlefields, it will be fought on forum like this one, on Social media or other places on the web.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 07:24 PM   #4428
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
So much wrong with that.

Trump was impeached on January 13 while he was still in office.

Maybe you never have watched the people who think Trump was sent by God?

NARA asked the DOJ to get involved over the records, not the House.

Ah right, accused but not convicted, I guess that makes a difference even if the trial that acquitted him didn't start until February and was by that point like Rand Paul said, "moot".

As for Trump worshipers I personally have never thought of him in that way and none of the other Trump voters that I've ever met or talked to online over the past 5 years see him in that light either. I'm sure you can find a few examples of crazy people hanging onto any set of political coat tails if you look hard enough but it doesn't prove anything except that a hostile press took the time to find and present them as the Trump voter standard.

Lastly If you really believe that Garlands decision to raid Trumps home was done without Biden admin authorization and approval then I got a bridge in the desert you should be looking at.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 07:27 PM   #4429
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
This I know for sure

The next Civil War in USA will not, be fought on the battlefields, it will be fought on forum like this one, on Social media or other places on the web.

Markus

Pretty bold statement. How do you know "for sure"?

Old 11-10-22, 07:37 PM   #4430
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Lastly If you really believe that Garlands decision to raid Trumps home was done without Biden admin authorization and approval then I got a bridge in the desert you should be looking at.
A fair point but I don't think the DOJ requires executive approval to do it's job.

David Bowie
Old 11-10-22, 07:59 PM   #4431
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
A fair point but I don't think the DOJ requires executive approval to do it's job.
Ahh..... but it does, as the DOJ is under the purview of the executive branch (ie: The President), While the president needs approval (from Congress) to "hire" the Attorney General, He can fire or ask for the resignation of the Attorney General at any time.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 08:27 PM   #4432
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
You’re right and when you cut through all the political b.s.. There were no missing documents since NARA was well aware, where and what documents Trump still had in his possession. And after Trump lawyers lost the argument to allow him to keep them in his possession, all NARA asked the DOJ to do was to recover them. That’s it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-10-22 at 08:36 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 09:06 PM   #4433
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Ahh..... but it does, as the DOJ is under the purview of the executive branch (ie: The President), While the president needs approval (from Congress) to "hire" the Attorney General, He can fire or ask for the resignation of the Attorney General at any time.
No, it doesn't. They don't have to ask daddy, or mommy, for permission to do their jobs although the president can step in as you point out.

David Bowie
Old 11-10-22, 09:17 PM   #4434
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
You’re right and when you cut through all the political b.s.. There were no missing documents since NARA was well aware, where and what documents Trump still had in his possession. And after Trump lawyers lost the argument to allow him to keep them in his possession, all NARA asked the DOJ to do was to recover them. That’s it.
They lost the argument because the documents are not his to keep. He brought all the crap down on his head by not cooperating after repeated requests from NARA to recover them. The spoiled little five year old should have surrendered all the documents and then argued about what he could keep, or retain copies of. If he'd done that we wouldn't be talking about it now and he wouldn't be facing serious charges, but no, he doesn't listen to anyone but himself and he doesn't follow rules.

David Bowie
Old 11-10-22, 10:28 PM   #4435
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
By 2024 more party voting Republicans will have passed away while the 16 somethings will be of voting age and likely voting Democrat.
Unfortunately, that is exactly what's going to happen. The greatest generation dying was the democrats wet dream come true.
Old 11-10-22, 10:48 PM   #4436
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
They lost the argument because the documents are not his to keep...
Well no sheet Sherlock. And that determination is not made by me, you or the media. It is made between his lawyers and those of the government. Once they lost the argument the documents were recovered by DOJ. End of story.

The spoiled children? They were the ones which turned a trivial nothing burger administrative matter between lawyers into a three ring media circus. “Trump is hiding secrets”, “Trump is selling secrets”, “Trump had nuke codes”, “Trump is selling nuke codes”, “Trump informants make discovery”, Trumps dog is a Russian spy”. All made worse by the gullible morons of this country that actually believed the media trash. Some couldn’t get enough of it, they thrived on it and believed every bit of it. And instead of steeping back for a moment to ponder if any of it is actually true. They instead have the audacity to blame the subject of the b.s. headlines instead of confronting their gullibility and unnatural obsessions.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-10-22 at 11:06 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 10:57 PM   #4437
Buddahaid

It's just the reality of a party that is out of step with a changing world and kept moving farther right from center. Nothing that grows can do so without change. The greatest generation? Those were people with dreams and faults, both good and bad, but came together when it counted and made sacrifices and compromises to do so. The sons and daughters now only fight each other over petty differences for lack of common cause.

David Bowie
Old 11-10-22, 11:00 PM   #4438
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Red Wave? More like Low Tide.

Just a bit of a schadenfreude as the Red Wave failed to materialize when it should have been a lock given the inept President, high inflation, and other economic woes.

This is what happens when run a roster of terrible candidates...Oz, Walker, Crist, Et al. and take away half the populations rights to be body autonomy. Pollsters dramatically underestimated the impact of overturning Roe, which galvanized many voters to the polls.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 11:07 PM   #4439
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Well no sheet Sherlock. And that determination is not made by me, you or the media. It was made between his lawyers and those of the government. Once they lost the argument the documents were recovered by DOJ. End of story.

The spoiled children? They were the ones which turned a trivial nothing burger administrative matter between lawyers into a three ring media circus. “Trump is hiding secrets”, “Trump is selling secrets”, “Trump had nuke codes”, “Trump is selling nuke codes”, “Trump informants made the discovery”. All made worse by the gullible morons of this country that actually believed the media trash. Some couldn’t get enough of it, they thrived on it and believed every bit of it. Then have the audacity to blame the subject of the b.s. headlines because of their own gullibility.
The point is it isn't a trivia burger and I don't believe I ever read any of your "headlines" anywhere. Pretty much anyone but Trump would now be arguing from inside a jail cell. He made the dung pie and now whines because he has to eat it.

David Bowie
Old 11-10-22, 11:55 PM   #4440
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
No, it doesn't. They don't have to ask daddy, or mommy, for permission to do their jobs although the president can step in as you point out.

C'mon now, you can't seriously be arguing that Garland or any other Attorney General would have raided the house of a former US President without the knowledge and approval of his boss in the White House.

I think Biden not only knew but pushed for it to happen. Remember he is the guy who came up with the idea of using the Logan Act against Flynn back in 2016. A 230 year old law not used since the 1850's. That's pretty Machiavellian for me to believe he was ignorant of it.