SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-08, 09:13 AM   #46
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Not sure unless he didnt " Apply " it

Has worked for all flotillas I have tried so far

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 12:43 PM   #47
Gairith
Planesman

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Not sure unless he didnt " Apply " it

Has worked for all flotillas I have tried so far
I did click apply, I do each time I make a change before I change pages in commander.

I'm positive it has something to do with the order in which I created the new career/made changes. Trying another career.

GWX 2.1 - SH3 Commander 3.2 - OLC Ubermod 2.4.2
-
DiD
Gairith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 12:58 PM   #48
Paul.Saenger
Gunner

Downloads: 5

I have got a general question regarding the variying Ship tonnage displacements. For example, there currently is one liner class in GWX that is displayed with about 24.000 tonnage. Now the ship it was modelled after (Nieuw Amsterdam) had 36.000 tons. However, it is also supposed to cover all the other liners which did start at 24.000 tons, like the SS Washinton.
I have compiled a list of different liners from the range of 20.000 - 36.000 tons. How do I implement it in the SH3 commander option of various tonnage displacements?

Same goes for the whale factory ships, which did measure up to 19.000 tons but are more or less set at 11.000 in GWX.
Paul.Saenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 01:31 PM   #49
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

ok couple of questions. everytime i come back to sh3 i always forget this.

what time compression settings must be set to avoid crew fatigue when using higher time compression? and this might seem obvious but when using gwx, should the gwx fatigue setting be selected or just default

i like the idea of malfunctions but what i didnt like was the fact that if for example the engine was broken once u left port it remained broken for the whole patrol. when u save and reload is there a chance that the broken piece of equipment is repaired?
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 10:04 PM   #50
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.Saenger
I have got a general question regarding the variying Ship tonnage displacements. For example, there currently is one liner class in GWX that is displayed with about 24.000 tonnage. Now the ship it was modelled after (Nieuw Amsterdam) had 36.000 tons. However, it is also supposed to cover all the other liners which did start at 24.000 tons, like the SS Washinton.
I have compiled a list of different liners from the range of 20.000 - 36.000 tons. How do I implement it in the SH3 commander option of various tonnage displacements?

Same goes for the whale factory ships, which did measure up to 19.000 tons but are more or less set at 11.000 in GWX.
You first need to identify what the ship classes are, and then whether they have been added by the GWX team to the Ship displacements.cfg file. Once you've identified that, the change is simple. To randomise between 20k and 30k, for example, ensure the following:

Code:
[SHIPCLASSNAME]
Displacement=25000
UpperDisp=1.2
LowerDisp=0.8
YearlyDispAdjust=1.02
en_Text=Displacement: 25,000 t|Length: 63 m|Beam: 12 m|Draft: 4.2 m|Mast: 21.7 m|Speed: 15 knots
ge_Text=Verdrängung: 25,000 t|Länge: 63 m|Breite: 12 m|Tiefgang: 4.2 m|Mast: 21.7 m|Geschwindigkeit: 15 Knoten
fr_Text=Déplacement : 25 000 t|Longueur : 63 m|Largeur : 12 m|Tirant d'eau : 4,2 m|Tirant d'air : 21,7 m|Vitesse : 15 nœuds
I recommend keeping the displacement at the average, or the standard, for the class, then adjusting the Upper and Lower Disp percentages to ensure the right range is used (you may need to add the UpperDisp and LowerDisp lines to the class block if they do not already exist). The YearlyDispAdjust value applies an increase by the specified percent each year starting from 1940. Set it to 1 if you don't want it.

Last edited by JScones; 04-25-08 at 04:16 AM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 10:26 PM   #51
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig
what time compression settings must be set to avoid crew fatigue when using higher time compression? and this might seem obvious but when using gwx, should the gwx fatigue setting be selected or just default
The setting is "When in 3D views", however, adjust with caution. Perhaps the risk is not as great now as it was with mods like RUb, but changing this figure too much will impact the operation of the fatigue model, meaning for example that the standard eight hour fatigue may become no fatigue, or 10 minute fatigue. I tend not to touch this setting at all and go with the one that's included in the mod. Usually it will be 32x, meaning fatigue will cut out either at or over (can't remember which now) 32x TC.

If you want to use the GWX default model, do not select anything in SH3Cmdr, simply leave the option unchecked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig
when u save and reload is there a chance that the broken piece of equipment is repaired?
That's what happens, yes. Sometimes though, you'll be stuck with the problem for the whole patrol. Some things just can't be fixed at sea I'm afraid.

You can change this behaviour to suit yourself by opening "Randomised events.cfg" and playing with the RndMidPat setting; the instructions are in the file header comments. You'll see straight away though that some failures are already set up to be randomised mid-patrol, and some may well even be fixed.

Just keep in mind that whilst one problem may be fixed mid-patrol, it doesn't mean another may not occur...
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 07:28 AM   #52
Paul.Saenger
Gunner

Downloads: 5

Thanks.

I'll try it out after i have finished the current beta testing.
Paul.Saenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 10:43 PM   #53
johnmk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hello Catfish,

I had the same problem you did . . . You and I must have the same approach to linguistics: an over-literal interpretation. :hmm: Of course, it doesn't help that the directions for the integration SH3 Commander and GWX aren't masterfully clear and unambiguous.
Old 04-28-08, 10:33 AM   #54
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Hi Jaesen,

I started a new GWX/OLC/SH3C career with "simulate a realistic career length" checked, and SH3C has retired me after just 3 patrols (each patrol lasted about 4 weeks). I know it's random, and I know I can override it and get my Kaluen back on active duty, but I'm curious because I assumed there would be a minimum career length (of more than 3 patrols). Is that not the case?

Cheers
OLC
Old 04-28-08, 10:36 AM   #55
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

@JScones

Many thanks for your wonderful mod.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-08, 10:58 AM   #56
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28

very nice mod, i like it.

after done a patrol, i like to update my personal file to show the others my career. an idea for the next update could be a possibility to directly upload the personal file to a specific web space by one click. would that be possible? that would be faster than generating the file and uploading it manually to the web...

greetz, Jaeger
Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-08, 11:29 AM   #57
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger
very nice mod, i like it.

after done a patrol, i like to update my personal file to show the others my career. an idea for the next update could be a possibility to directly upload the personal file to a specific web space by one click. would that be possible? that would be faster than generating the file and uploading it manually to the web...

greetz, Jaeger
You lazy git!
Actually...

Jaesen,
When I try to upload my personnel profile to GeoCities, it refuses to accept it because of illegal characters in the file name (spaces and a hyphen). I can rename the file easily enough, but renaming all the links in the html is a slight pain, especially because I have to do it every time I update the profile from SH3C. Any chance you could use underscores in the filename? If not, no worries... just thought I'd mention it.
Thanks,
OLC
Old 04-28-08, 12:15 PM   #58
rulle34
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 8

@JScones Big thank´s for your magnificent work
Old 04-29-08, 09:19 AM   #59
999-Jay-999
Loader

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gairith
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
I'm curious - is anyone using the "Start patrols at sea" option?
I selected it, but it did not start at sea. New Career GWX 2.1.

Not sure what happened yet, still investigating.

Getting the same issue..... I select it.... save, start ... yet still in port.. :hmm:
Old 04-29-08, 11:56 AM   #60
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Hello,
thanks again for the mod !
I just wanted to ask what happens if you "start at sea" from e.g. Kiel, with your next patrol zone being in the Atlantic - do i "wake up" in the Kiel canal ? I will try this anyway, but if someone alrady did it ?
Isn't that strange: First we add tons of mods into making those harbours as real as possible, and next we invent a way not to have to cruise through it lol .
But it is indeed time-consuming, and i like a feature like this "start at sea" a lot.

@johnmk: Maybe we take this all too literally :hmm:
Speak straightforward, all those mind bending lawyers with their tricky language, over the plank with them yarrr

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote