Old 04-01-20, 05:03 PM   #2221
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Turn off the TV if you don't want to see negative news

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I agree they need to talk up the positive news, too much negative news is not good for your mental health.
Watch a movie or a comedy on TV if you don't want to see negative news.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 05:11 PM   #2222
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I presume you all have heard words like

With the latest deaths "country" have now more death than China had when they had the Corona epidemic.

Some days back I heard on our Danish talk radio, where they toke China and this Corona under sweet treatment.

From memory

"The official China say the death from the Corona epidemic is 3 thousand-something. According the Free Asia(I think it was) the real numbers of death from this Corona was either 42000 or 46000.
The authorities in China is not willing to share the real numbers, they(Free Asia) have spoken to ordinary Chinese on the street and talked to employees at local crematoriums, and from that they have come up with what they mean is near the real number of death"

Therefore the statement we hear in our news.

Now Italy/Spain/other country have more dead than China is incorrect.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 05:26 PM   #2223
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1am View Post
People who have survived and then been tested negative can still spread the virus. That makes it nearly impossible to stop the spread until everyone develops immunity or they are dead. To develop an immunity to the virus you have to get it and survive or get a vaccine that we don't have yet.
I haven't seen any proof of this, but I sort of believe you ... people have it and don't have symptoms so there fore they don't know they have it and it has been proven that they can transmit it and your saying that people that had it and tested negative may still have it and can now still spread it.

Sounds like a movie ... we could call it "We All Die"

Quote:
Watch a movie or a comedy on TV if you don't want to see negative news.
Just watched a movie on the Sony Channel (now being offered for free on DIsh)

"The Quick and the Dead" took my mind off of the virus problem of 2020

I think I'll try to watch more movies ... Counting the dead doesn't work
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 05:28 PM   #2224
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I agree they need to talk up the positive news, too much negative news is not good for your mental health.

Check out goodnewsnetwork.org

Nothing but good news. It serves as a good balance.

The world is filled with good people doing good things all the time. A lot of the media just chooses not to report it.

That site helps keep me centered in the stressful times.
Old 04-01-20, 05:28 PM   #2225
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

From memory

"The official China say the death from the Corona epidemic is 3 thousand-something. According the Free Asia(I think it was) the real numbers of death from this Corona was either 42000 or 46000.
The authorities in China is not willing to share the real numbers, they(Free Asia) have spoken to ordinary Chinese on the street and talked to employees at local crematoriums, and from that they have come up with what they mean is near the real number of death"

Therefore the statement we hear in our news.

Now Italy/Spain/other country have more dead than China is incorrect.

Markus
Remember the picture of all the graves dug in Iran?
I wonder what they look like now?
Probably all filled up, uh?
or achievement

Old 04-01-20, 05:39 PM   #2226
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Hoarding in Germany has toned down, since there is no signs of shortages.Tha problem that will make people thinking is more rising prices for certain foods. Imports do not arrive anymore, and the harvest in German for fruits and vegetables is in danger: no foreign workers coming in. Wheat and oats and potatoes and carrots seem to not be a problem, anything that can be planted and harvest mechanically and needs little or no human labour.

I've noticed the shelves beginning to look full where I live too. No doubt many people bought more than they usually do. Especially when news hit our county had its first confirmed case of COVID-19. But, I read an article from 2018 which said:
Quote:
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 2013 and 2016, 36% of adult Americans consumed fast food on any given day. That’s one of three Americans eating a meal at fast-food eateries such as McDonald’s, Burger King or KFC.
Not sure if there are comparable numbers in your neck of the woods. But when the restaurants closed and a third of our population suddenly started shopping at the local grocer to get their meals like the rest of us folks. That placed a huge strain on the grocers too. Hopefully suppliers can meet this new demand, not gonna be easy.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 05:47 PM   #2227
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
People who have survived and then been tested negative can still spread the virus.
Nope. The test that is available and used today indicates if virus RNA is present in the sample. The sample is taken from the pharynx mucosa, that's where the virus predominantly settles. Nucleic acids from the sample are isolated and then transferred to a PCR-machine in order to increase the chemical signal to facilitate detection. So:

- If there is no genetic material from the virus in the pharynx, you won't find it anywhere else in the person tested

- If virus RNA is in the sample, it will be detected 100%, because replication time of nCOV-2019 is extremely short and the virus is the most aggressive corona virus we have seen so far.

A negative test means the person does not accommodate any nCOV-2019 virus. Period.

Let's stick to the truth here. Stop spreading nonsense. We have too much of that in the thread already.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)

Last edited by skidman; 04-01-20 at 06:10 PM.
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 05:51 PM   #2228
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Steed, we have had just over 600 cases of people with the virus who have been hospitalized, we have had 12 deaths so far in this area, but one thing I like seeing in their reporting is that they have listed 269 who have been in the hospital with the virus, have recovered and been sent home. The media has to start talking about that too!

Not to mention the potentially millions of Americans that have already had and got over the virus but were never recorded.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 06:17 PM   #2229
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
Nope. The test that is available and used today indicates if virus RNA is present in the sample. The sample is taken from the pharynx mucosa, that's where the virus predominantly settles. Nucleic acids from the sample are isolated and then transferred to a PCR-machine in order to increase the chemical signal to facilitate detection. So:

- If there is no genetic material from the virus in the pharynx, you won't find it anywhere else in the person tested

- If virus RNA is in the sample, it will be detected 100%, because replication time of nCOV-2019 is extremely short and the virus is the most aggressive corona virus we have seen so far.

A negative test means the person does not accommodate any nCOV-2019 virus. Period.

Let's stick to the truth here. Stop spreading nonsense. We have too much of that in the thread already.
Thank you! I hope I test negative ...
surely this madness has to be over someday
or achievement

Old 04-01-20, 10:21 PM   #2230
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

People who survived Covid-19 and are immune, still can spread virus, exclusively by smear infection when they pick it up with their hand and tarnsport it to another place. You are immune, you grab a dirty door handle, you shake somebody else's hand, that somebody touches his face, nose, eye, mouth - infection completed.

Immunity does not wash your hands.

Virus in your jaw stays active only for I think 8-10 days after first symptoms or so. Thats why hospitals send patients who still have the disease sometimes into home quarantine after ten days (to free their beds).
Old 04-01-20, 11:06 PM   #2231
Skybird
Soaring

The Blame Games 2020 are now declared open!

As usual, the daily numbers until 06:12, then the video.

Old 04-01-20, 11:17 PM   #2232
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
But when the restaurants closed and a third of our population suddenly started shopping at the local grocer to get their meals like the rest of us folks. That placed a huge strain on the grocers too. Hopefully suppliers can meet this new demand, not gonna be easy.
There is a threat to food supplies, but most likely not due to the reaosn you memntionedk, but becasue protectionism lockign down food imorts and exports aroudn the gloobe (and seasonal workers not working on the fields).

See the video I just linked one post above, from 17:30 on, there he focusses on right your topic, food supplies.
Old 04-02-20, 02:18 AM   #2233
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
People who survived Covid-19 and are immune, still can spread virus, exclusively by smear infection when they pick it up with their hand and tarnsport it to another place. You are immune, you grab a dirty door handle, you shake somebody else's hand, that somebody touches his face, nose, eye, mouth - infection completed.
"I think the question I get asked the most is, well I dunno know, it happens a lot, enough that I would remark on it - a lot of people come up to me and they say "Is it possible for a woman to get pregnant without intercourse?" My answer's always the same, I say: "Listen. We're gonna have to go all the way back to the civil war. Apparently a stray bullet actually pierced the testicle of a Union soldier and then lodged itself in the ovaries of an 18 year old girl who was actually 100 feet from him at the time. Well, the baby was fine. She was very happy. Guilt-free. Course, the soldier's a little pissed off." When ya think about it, it's actually a form of intercourse, but not for everyone. Those who love action, maybe."

(Tom Waits)

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 02:28 AM   #2234
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
People who have survived and then been tested negative can still spread the virus. That makes it nearly impossible to stop the spread until everyone develops immunity or they are dead. To develop an immunity to the virus you have to get it and survive or get a vaccine that we don't have yet.

People who are recovering and sent home are still in quarantine. You make it sound like they are going back to work, school, hanging out at bars and restaurants spreading the virus again. Schools are closed, businesses are closed, we are still in lock down! You make it sound like its the Doomsday, we are all going to die nonsense. I refuse to buy into that shtick!!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 02:38 AM   #2235
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
"I think the question I get asked the most is, well I dunno know, it happens a lot, enough that I would remark on it - a lot of people come up to me and they say "Is it possible for a woman to get pregnant without intercourse?" My answer's always the same, I say: "Listen. We're gonna have to go all the way back to the civil war. Apparently a stray bullet actually pierced the testicle of a Union soldier and then lodged itself in the ovaries of an 18 year old girl who was actually 100 feet from him at the time. Well, the baby was fine. She was very happy. Guilt-free. Course, the soldier's a little pissed off." When ya think about it, it's actually a form of intercourse, but not for everyone. Those who love action, maybe."

(Tom Waits)
You're sure you undertstand the meaning of "smear infection", Smarty? Its not really a magic trick. As a matter of fact its meaning is surprisingly simple - AND REAL. And since that is so, they do funny things like this to fight it:

Funny, eh?

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan