SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-16-20, 09:45 AM   #556
Jojojung
Seaman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

yea your right my fault! Sorry!
Jojojung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 04:25 PM   #557
nonnobit
Watch

Downloads: 145
Default U boat name

Hi Captains,
everything goes well with TwoS,
but I made some mess with U boat Captain's names and Hull number.
I started in U-32 as Oscar Entwickler.

I've used Campaign Workaround progress, to go on in Happy Times, no problems.

Then I changed name in ship's journal
with Eisen Wolf and U-47 as new VIIB , so when I try to open it in Main menů ,it says " unable to open file";

Then I manually open ( top left of journal window) and it opens it,
but hull's name is always U-32.
I'm at Lorient , save "Entry in base" twice, but when I start patrol , in journal I have U-32, and I receive msg from BdU directed to U-47, and I'm pretty sure i's me!
How can I resolve?
nonnobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 12:45 PM   #558
PongoDeMer
Swabbie

Downloads: 140
Default Wolves of Steel installation problems on SH5 (Steam) version 1.2 part 2

(continued) evidence of any Wolves of Steel .exe file. I attempted to install the mod after deactivating my Norton antivirus protection, and I even tried after completely uninstalling Norton. However, I had no success.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Pongo de Mer.
PongoDeMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 12:57 PM   #559
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by PongoDeMer View Post
(continued) evidence of any Wolves of Steel .exe file. I attempted to install the mod after deactivating my Norton antivirus protection, and I even tried after completely uninstalling Norton. However, I had no success.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Pongo de Mer.
There could be any number of issues. Is this a first time install of SH5? If not, you need to clean the save folder.

Did you install as admin to a safe folder (not c:\Program Files\ or similar)? Mine is installed at c:\Ubisoft\.. I don't know if the steamapps folder is similarly protected. You should also take ownership of the entire folder and all files.

Is it the latest version of SH5?

Did you run SH5 at least once to establish the save folder?

In your screen shot of JSGME, I see no files being conflicted or overwritten other than the aspect ratio add-ons. You should only be using one of them. Uninstall the other one.

Last edited by 3catcircus; 04-19-20 at 03:00 PM.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 11:30 AM   #560
PongoDeMer
Swabbie

3catcircus,

First, many thanks for replying. In answer to your questions:

1) This was a first time install of SH5 1.2 (Steam)

2) It was a safe install on my E drive, NOT anything to do with Programs File or Program Files (86) which are located on my C drive.

3) Yes, I ran the game once.

4 The only save file I could find was in the Ubisoft game launcher folder. Is this the save folder you meant? I have also looked in the SH5 file in Documents on my C drive, and in the Steam and Ubisoft folders I discovered in Program Files 86. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that looks like an obvious save folder.

I'm sure I've done something wrong, but can't think what. However, please take note that I am a 61 year old semi-geriatric, not a 14 year old computer whiz-kid who has been an I.T. expert since birth!! Please use simple language.

Best regards

Pongo de Mer
Old 04-22-20, 11:51 AM   #561
PongoDeMer
Swabbie

Default An afterthought

With WoS installed, I tried to run SH5 without activating it via JSGME, just to see what happened. I got precisely the same error message as before.
This is odd. I thought that this particular mod was supposed to work via JSGME and could hibernate in the MODS folder, without making its presence felt, until activated. What obviously seems to have happened is that the WoS installation has overwritten some files located elsewhere.... But what?

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.

Pongo de Mer.
Old 04-22-20, 03:16 PM   #562
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
3catcircus,

First, many thanks for replying. In answer to your questions:

1) This was a first time install of SH5 1.2 (Steam)

2) It was a safe install on my E drive, NOT anything to do with Programs File or Program Files (86) which are located on my C drive.

3) Yes, I ran the game once.

4 The only save file I could find was in the Ubisoft game launcher folder. Is this the save folder you meant? I have also looked in the SH5 file in Documents on my C drive, and in the Steam and Ubisoft folders I discovered in Program Files 86. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that looks like an obvious save folder.

I'm sure I've done something wrong, but can't think what. However, please take note that I am a 61 year old semi-geriatric, not a 14 year old computer whiz-kid who has been an I.T. expert since birth!! Please use simple language.

Best regards

Pongo de Mer
Quote:
With WoS installed, I tried to run SH5 without activating it via JSGME, just to see what happened. I got precisely the same error message as before.
This is odd. I thought that this particular mod was supposed to work via JSGME and could hibernate in the MODS folder, without making its presence felt, until activated. What obviously seems to have happened is that the WoS installation has overwritten some files located elsewhere.... But what?

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.

Pongo de Mer.

So, there should be a folder named C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\My Documents\SH5\ with an "_ExtraData.save", "YOUR UPLAY USERNAME_ExtraData.save" (if saving to UPlay), and possibly a sub folder labeled "data". As long as there is a folder labeled SH5 inside your documents folder, you should be good.

Was STEAM active in the background when the STEAM conversion tool popped up during the install? Did the TDW Generic File Patcher run and you clicked "YES" about a zillion times? You restored the snapshot? (SH5, UPLAY and STEAM need to be shut down before you run the TWoS installer). CTRL-ALT-DEL and bring up the task manager and look in the Applications and Processes tabs (or it may just be a processes tab depending upon which version of Windows you are using). Make sure they aren't running - if they are, shut them down. SH5 should be shown in the Applications tab, and UbisoftGameLauncher.exe, upc.exe, and UplayWebCore.exe should be shown in the Processes tab if they are running. Steam Client Bootstrapper, Steam Client Service, Steam Client Webhelper are the steam files.

Also - you should run all of the installers and the game files as an administrator. If you are on Win8/Win10, you may need to run SH5 in Win7 compatibility mode.

You right-click on the files, and select "Run as Administrator" when installing SH5, U-Play, and TWoS. Once everything is installed, right-click on the SH5.exe file, go to Properties, Compatibility, and click on the Run this Progam as an Administrator box. You can also select Win7 compatibility mode from there as well.

Last edited by 3catcircus; 04-22-20 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-22-20, 03:17 PM   #563
PongoDeMer
Swabbie

Default Success!

Success!

What I finally ended up doing was a complete uninstall, including any left over files. I then uninstalled my Norton, reinstalled the game, installed the latest Uplay, re-set the video config, enabled "override high DPI scaling behaviour in the .exe file, ran the game to get the save folder, installed WoS, patched it to the 2.2.17, and finally... FINALLY, it worked.

Thanks to everyone on the Subsim forums for their help. I really hope nobody else has the same difficulty I had. However, if anyone does, I will be more than prepared to help.

Time for a well-earned gin.

Pongo de Mer
Old 04-22-20, 03:33 PM   #564
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Success!

What I finally ended up doing was a complete uninstall, including any left over files. I then uninstalled my Norton, reinstalled the game, installed the latest Uplay, re-set the video config, enabled "override high DPI scaling behaviour in the .exe file, ran the game to get the save folder, installed WoS, patched it to the 2.2.17, and finally... FINALLY, it worked.

Thanks to everyone on the Subsim forums for their help. I really hope nobody else has the same difficulty I had. However, if anyone does, I will be more than prepared to help.

Time for a well-earned gin.

Pongo de Mer

Congrats - don't forget to reinstall Norton.
Old 04-27-20, 07:45 PM   #565
Compans57
Officer

Downloads: 76

I posted this on another thread yesterday.

I got TWOS up and running last night, though first when updating the steam install the box read 'There is an issue with reg key' and upon installing the Generic Patch Installer there were a bunch of warning boxes with various 'File not found!' messages. I clicked on all of these ('OK') and it cycled through each one. At the end of it the JSGME was there and I CAN use the mods therein.

Darkwraith's patcher didn't seem to install, though the icon's on my desktop. I set it up manually, directing it to the correct files. It seems to work.

Anyway....the game played just fine as far as I could tell.

So today, I decided to do a fresh install. I followed instructions - uninstalled everything, fresh DL from Steam (I'm on Steam DL and playing on /uplay). I ran the TWOS installer and this went just fine this time with no warning boxes etc, plus Darkwraith's patcher installed.

However...When I launched the game at first it said there was no SH5 exe. I had one copied elsewhere, put it in SH5 folder and when I tried to start a new career it CTD'd.

Any ideas on what's going on?

I've spent hours today and have done about 5 new installs. Same deal until the last one did the same thing as the one last night with warnings etc but it plays.

??????????

I have Norton and I see others have had problems with it.

The upshot is, as far as I'm aware TWOS is running ok. I'm worried that I'm missing out on some goodies. There seems to be less in the way of subtle shaders and such in the visuals. TWOS runs much smoother than vanilla SH5. I notice that if I set options to high res sea, it doesn't prompt me to restart the game. Is this normal? Am I missing out on high resolution in TWOS?

After getting fileoption tool to work, I get a bug where when I load a game I'm in a 'camera out of bounds' black screen. If I teleport to periscope it clears. I've also had a loading thing where I'm on the bridge and the sub is submerged and I'm underwater. Is this related to file editor?

Thanks.
Compans57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 05:37 AM   #566
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 584
Uploads: 7

For a test I deleted my savegames yesterday and started a new campaign. I was a little bit surprised that I was able to equip my VIIB with the 2nd conning tower VIIB/2 for free before I start the 1st mission "Polish Taskforce". All other possible equipments like torpedos, deckgun, sonar an so on are normal for this mission and date in 1939.

Is this a bug or a possible conflict with active addons?
I wich file are the dates of the equipment stored? So I can check if one of my active addons can be the reason for it.
With my old savegames, I restored after the test, works everthing fine. But I do not start there a new campaign until now.

I have to mention that I set up my new PC last week and just connect my SSD with all installed games from my old PC. I had to reinstall SH5 again, like some other games, because some registry entries were missing on Windows 10 to run the game. Before I done a backup from the whole SH5 folder. After installation from SH5 I installed last patch v1.2 like before. Than I test if I can start and play SH5 without any mod. This works fine.
I did not reinstall TWoS and other mods afterwards and I just copied the whole SH5 forder from the previous/old installation 1:1 in the new folder and SH5 works without problems too and with my old savegames and old active mods again.

Last edited by GrenSo; 04-28-20 at 06:03 AM.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 05:37 AM   #567
Jojojung
Seaman

Downloads: 50

Hey guys,

i have a problem with my mouse at "free look mode" (mouse right klick).
As I click right on the mouse the avatar is continuetly looking up and you have to pull with the mouse against it. If you look with binoculars at the bridge the screen stands still as normal.

A restart of the game does not fix it.
Any ideas to fix this?`
Thanks!
Jojojung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 09:15 AM   #568
ShipSinkerIan13
Swabbie

Downloads: 69

I am seeing way to many trawlers, I see more trawlers then merchants, and the trawlers behave like actual merchants. For example I saw in harbor 5 trawlers, some German some foreign countries. And I also encounter some trawlers in open see at a decent range from the coast. Anyone knows how to fix this?
ShipSinkerIan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 10:53 AM   #569
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipSinkerIan13 View Post
I am seeing way to many trawlers, I see more trawlers then merchants, and the trawlers behave like actual merchants. For example I saw in harbor 5 trawlers, some German some foreign countries. And I also encounter some trawlers in open see at a decent range from the coast. Anyone knows how to fix this?
I think Vecko is already working on that.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 01:46 PM   #570
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

There were a few problems I encountered that annoyed me very much.
So, after I completed North Western Approaches, I get the screen that would usually be displayed after you quit to menu or quit the game. Y'know, the missions, tonnage sunk, status etc? I was like, "This is strange" and I click next and the screen pops up that would usually resemble the end of a campaign chapter, a color U-boat photo with some text off to the side.

I felt like I had completed the campaign chapter way to quickly. So I reloaded and reloaded the game only to get the same results.

Any way to fix this?

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote