Closed Thread

Old 01-20-17, 02:39 PM   #406
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I often wonder what former presidents do on the morning of 21 January.

It has got to be quite the sudden change. The former president was still "on duty" the morning of 20 Jan and got the same briefings and perhaps had to go to the same meetings.

But all that changes the morning of 21 Jan. I bet it is quite the stressful change. On one hand, I believe that there has to be a sense of relief with outgoing presidents. It is, after all, a stressful and thankless job, but on the other hand to switch intellectual gears that quickly. That's gotta be rough.

In some ways, it may be similar to combat troops coming home. I am sure there is a period of adjustment that might not be that easy.

I would imagine the first thing would be that the former president can take a nice long poop in the morning with out having to read or talk to anyone.
I was gunna guess eternal golf vacation.
Old 01-20-17, 02:49 PM   #407
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Seems to me that former presidents look noticeably more youthful and vibrant once they emerge from their post inauguration blues.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 01-20-17, 02:54 PM   #408
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Maybe Obama can live a lesser stressful life, but there's one thing he has to take with him and that is people from Secret Service, which is sadly that a former President need lifetime protection. I could understand while he was the President, but that now after he have retired.

So he and his family is not free and that is very sad indeed.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 01-20-17, 02:55 PM   #409
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Michele Obama gets to learn how to make a western omelet for her husband and keep the toast warm and the coffee hot.

She did look a little down in the few moments I saw her today, but I would think a big load is off of Obama's shoulders with that black box turned over to POTUS Trump's envoy's.

I even enjoyed his ra ra speech to put America first, put America jobs first, to give back to America the riches that they have been robbed of by _________
fill in the blanks.

I hope he can deliver. One thing I know for sure every word he said will be quoted back to him before the next election. If he can produce a winning team working to put America first. Then he will get four more years to finish the job. A war costing trillions or a tidal wave on the west coast could ruin his whole day and his come back trial for the white house.

One noticeable item showing on NBC right now are the discontented rebel rouser's disrupting the same avenue's and street that the Presidential parade is fixing to travel down after they finish lunch in the Capitol building.

I see smoke and lots of police and bricks being thrown through limnos parked on side street's.

What I see is not good ... I don't think it is without someone's organized funding.

Know what I mean?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-20-17, 03:01 PM   #410
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Seems to me that former presidents look noticeably more youthful and vibrant once they emerge from their post inauguration blues.

Only former presidents or heads of state can know the strains their positions put on them. They of course signed up for it. I would imagine that after 8 years, the former president(s) would be only too happy to not have that responsibility any longer. If you get more sleep, you tend to look more rejuvenated.

Hopefully, the country can come together within the framework of not only the Constitution but also our common interests and the well being of the Country as a whole and it's people.
Old 01-20-17, 03:14 PM   #411
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Chances are former Presidents heave a tremendous sign of relief that disaster didn't befall them or the country on their watch. Destiny is not something that can be strictly controlled and survival equals victory sometimes!
Old 01-20-17, 03:19 PM   #412
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
She did look a little down in the few moments I saw her today
Who knows what it was that Ivana Trump gave her as a present earlier this day.
Old 01-20-17, 03:25 PM   #413
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Chances are former Presidents heave a tremendous sign of relief that disaster didn't befall them or the country on their watch. Destiny is not something that can be strictly controlled and survival equals victory sometimes!
I'm certain, in their mind(presidents), a heavy load is lifted off their shoulders. It is not an easy job at all.
Old 01-20-17, 03:31 PM   #414
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:

It has got to be quite the sudden change. The former president was still "on duty" the morning of 20 Jan and got the same briefings and perhaps had to go to the same meetings.

But all that changes the morning of 21 Jan. I bet it is quite the stressful change. On one hand, I believe that there has to be a sense of relief with outgoing presidents. It is, after all, a stressful and thankless job, but on the other hand to switch intellectual gears that quickly. That's gotta be rough.

In some ways, it may be similar to combat troops coming home. I am sure there is a period of adjustment that might not be that easy.

I would imagine the first thing would be that the former president can take a nice long poop in the morning with out having to read or talk to anyone.
I would hope the president(retired) would find some peace with himself and the job he has done. It is a thankless job then entails 24/7 attention.
Old 01-20-17, 03:34 PM   #415
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Michele Obama gets to learn how to make a western omelet for her husband and keep the toast warm and the coffee hot.

She did look a little down in the few moments I saw her today, but I would think a big load is off of Obama's shoulders with that black box turned over to POTUS Trump's envoy's.

Michelle is NOT cooking a damn thing and will not from here on out. Michelle did not look down. She looked disgusted standing next to the pasty orange guy.
Old 01-20-17, 03:35 PM   #416
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I need your help guys

CNN and other news media have this evening shown a double photo glued together-The picture on the left is from 2009 and the picture is from today(2017)

On the picture to the left you can see thousands and thousands of people, while there's only some thousands of people on the Right picture

I Have read comments that the picture has been manipulated somehow.

The only manipulation I can think of is when these pictures was taken on that day- Example the left picture was taken about 11.30 local time(2009) and the second was taken about 8.00 or 9.00 local time(2017).

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 01-20-17, 03:36 PM   #417
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Who knows what it was that Ivana Trump gave her as a present earlier this day.
A box of laxatives or a pair Don's undies. From the looks of Michelle she did not know what to say or do with the gift.
Old 01-20-17, 03:38 PM   #418
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I need your help guys

CNN and other news media have this evening shown a double photo glued together-The picture on the left is from 2009 and the picture is from today(2017)

On the picture to the left you can see thousands and thousands of people, while there's only some thousands of people on the Right picture

The only manipulation I can think of is when these pictures was taken on that day- Example the left picture was taken about 11.30 local time(2009) and the second was taken about 8.00 or 9.00 local time(2017).

Markus

If it is coming from CNN it is manipulated. Much like the rest of the news that is presented to the public by CNN.

At the end of the day who cares how many attended? If there was less the reason is PROTESTERS promising problems. Who wants to walk into that?
Old 01-20-17, 04:33 PM   #419
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I need your help guys

Markus
I don't care whether the picture was manipulated or not. Certainly the crowds were manipulated in 2009, with people crying and saying "Now I don't ever have to worry about my car payments ever again," low information voters who thought Obama could wave his magic wand and transform their lives into prosperity.

Well, in one aspect, 2009 was a historic time, where beyond a shadow of a doubt it was demonstrated that a majority of white voters would vote for a black candidate, where nobody every could say again that to be black was to be forever outside of the right to be taken seriously, to be respected, trusted and relied upon. It was a powerful demonstration that we are NOT a racist country, that the only limits we endure are the limits we put on ourselves. In that alone the event was worthy of the crowds. But that was NOT why they were there.

This is not to say that there aren't bad people out there, but when the chips are down, just as in the Civil War, just as in the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the majority of Americans are for righting the wrongs of the past, rising above the shortsightedness of their ancestors and doing the right thing.

Then Obama ran the country for eight years based on the busted premise that racism was rampant in the police forces of our large cities. Those are the cities with Democratic governments since the 1930s, with black police commissioners and plenty of black mayors and elected officials. Their actions were proffered and accepted by many as evidence of a racist United States. Hogwash! The people who put forth such rubbish don't deserve to govern. And they are not any longer.

It's time to take our cities back. It's time to rehabilitate those who have stayed in those smoking piles of debris, to absorb the great cost of making up for the 75 years they have been shamelessly ( can't say f*e*c*klessly here on Subsim)exploited by those pretending to be their defenders and to provide a genuine chance of success and prosperity. Don't give them squat except the chance to earn self-respect, genuine worth and the good life that comes from their own hard work.

Those people in the inner cities are smart as any of us, and they are tough too. Those are powerful tools for success for any company who wants to benefit from their efforts. Helping them is the solution to all our economic problems. As of now they are a big drain on the economy. They can be a supercharger for our economic engine if we do the right thing. It's not the most urgent, but it is the most important thing that Trump has the opportunity to accomplish.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 01-20-17 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-20-17, 04:34 PM   #420
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I don't think Trump was ever going to be good for memorable oration.
It may not have given anyone here the feeling Chris Mathews had when President Obama spoke. But the nice part about President Trump's speech is I dont think he referred to himself once the entire time he spoke.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-20-17 at 04:55 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter