Closed Thread

Old 05-01-20, 08:26 AM   #9271
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Can't blame Trump for those protestors, that's on the individual state Governors. The American people take a dim view of their rights being curtailed no matter the reason.

You have to admit, Trump played this one smart when he said he had final authority to open the economy and when the Governors pushed back He didn't argue with them. So now the State Governments are in the hot seat.
Old 05-01-20, 08:30 AM   #9272
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Can't blame Trump for those protestors, that's on the individual state Governors. The American people take a dim view of their rights being curtailed no matter the reason.

You have to admit, Trump played this one smart when he said he had final authority to open the economy and when the Governors pushed back He didn't argue with them. So now the State Governments are in the hot seat.
They sure are mad ... they are yelling at the police in the state capital of Michigan with no mask on and carrying guns too

https://news.yahoo.com/armed-protest...225449733.html

Armed protesters demonstrate against Covid-19 lockdown at Michigan capitol
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 05-01-20, 08:42 AM   #9273
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Wrong, Donald Spills-oil-into-every-fire Trump is to be held responsible. Beside Virgina and Minnesota, Michigan was one of the three states (posing strong threats to his reelection chances if he does not score heavily there) that he explicitly demanded to be "liberated", which in a country as weapon-obsessed as the US and in the highly polarized political climate that he has tremedously pushed and now lives of, is nothign else but a populstic call to start rioting to overwhelm his political opponents there.

Thats Putin tactics. The intimidation coming from setting up a few men on the street that slowly set on their black leather gloves while staring down regime protesters.

Men thinking they are more men if holding assault rifles in their hands. Its blokes like this in whose hands I would not even want to see a simple butter knife, not to mention automatic firearms. Not just primitive, but dangerous. The voting by yellign volume. The staging of threat-projecting sceneries. The appeal to the lowest of emotions. The euthanaziation of thinkling mind and reason and logic.

Big apes with rifles in their hands. Wowh. Look how male they are! So strong! So - determined...! So - American...!

Thats how a nation makes itself a monkey. Mockery and ridicule are certain.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-01-20 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-01-20, 10:08 AM   #9274
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
They sure are mad ... they are yelling at the police in the state capital of Michigan with no mask on and carrying guns too

https://news.yahoo.com/armed-protest...225449733.html

Armed protesters demonstrate against Covid-19 lockdown at Michigan capitol
Come on, the title of that article is clickbait, as evidenced by the first 4 words in the story. "Hundreds of protesters, some armed".

These lockdowns aren't about the "science" of the pandemic anymore, it is now about the state Governments saying " we know what is best for you and you better comply, if you don't we will fine and/or arrest you."

Contrary to skybird's assertion that this pandemic is an extinction level event it seems to be just a more virulent form of influenza.
Old 05-01-20, 10:16 AM   #9275
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Come on, the title of that article is clickbait, as evidenced by the first 4 words in the story. "Hundreds of protesters, some armed".

These lockdowns aren't about the "science" of the pandemic anymore, it is now about the state Governments saying " we know what is best for you and you better comply, if you don't we will fine and/or arrest you."

Contrary to skybird's assertion that this pandemic is an extinction level event it seems to be just a more virulent form of influenza.
How can it be click bait if it was accurately reporting the situation of mad armed men confronting the security guards wearing mask and the angry mob was yelling at them to their face (without mask on) expressing their anger about having to stay at home?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 05-01-20, 10:22 AM   #9276
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Wrong, Donald Spills-oil-into-every-fire Trump is to be held responsible. Beside Virgina and Minnesota, Michigan was one of the three states (posing strong threats to his reelection chances if he does not score heavily there) that he explicitly demanded to be "liberated", which in a country as weapon-obsessed as the US and in the highly polarized political climate that he has tremedously pushed and now lives of, is nothign else but a populstic call to start rioting to overwhelm his political opponents there.

Thats Putin tactics. The intimidation coming from setting up a few men on the street that slowly set on their black leather gloves while staring down regime protesters.

Men thinking they are more men if holding assault rifles in their hands. Its blokes like this in whose hands I would not even want to see a simple butter knife, not to mention automatic firearms. Not just primitive, but dangerous. The voting by yellign volume. The staging of threat-projecting sceneries. The appeal to the lowest of emotions. The euthanaziation of thinkling mind and reason and logic.

Big apes with rifles in their hands. Wowh. Look how male they are! So strong! So - determined...! So - American...!

Thats how a nation makes itself a monkey. Mockery and ridicule are certain.
LOL, you don't have a clue do you. It's just not those states where protests are taking place. and they aren't protesting because Trump told them to. Article I of the Bill of Rights pretty much spells out who/what is behind these protests
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Old 05-01-20, 10:44 AM   #9277
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yes. Richard Nixon resigned from office and his Veep Gerald Ford took over as president, then he promptly pardoned Nixon in order to "heal the nation".
I had Nixon on my mind, when I posted my question.

If I remember correctly

"He left the building so he wouldn't lose face if he was impeached and fired from his job"

Either it's my memory who have remembered thing wrong or you have given me wrong historical information.

Because something similar is what some of you told me weeks ago during Mr. Trump's impeachment.

So I wonder if Nixon can be put in this category of American President who have passed the Presidency to his VP even though they weren't sick, dead or facing impeachment

Markus
Old 05-01-20, 11:00 AM   #9278
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

It wasn't so much to "save face" but more to avoid prosecution and jail time.

Once the Tape was made public any chance of Nixon beating the impeachment charges evaporated, had the impeachment happened He would have been removed and criminal charges filed.

His resignation and pardon was in essence a "plea deal" to avoid going to jail.

Behind watergate, Nixon is best known for starting relations with China which is kind of ironic considering the situation with the current pandemic.
Old 05-01-20, 11:16 AM   #9279
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
LOL, you don't have a clue do you. It's just not those states where protests are taking place. and they aren't protesting because Trump told them to. Article I of the Bill of Rights pretty much spells out who/what is behind these protests
Some Americans protesting against the lockdown, picture search via Google
Now is this dumb or is this dumb.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 05-01-20, 11:17 AM   #9280
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Sell that to somebody who thinks this lame deflection is worth just a single penny. I don't. The world looks at that monkey zoo and either just laughs, or shakes its head. Just serious nobody takes it as.
Old 05-01-20, 11:42 AM   #9281
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Sell that to somebody who thinks this lame deflection is worth just a single penny. I don't. The world looks at that monkey zoo and either just laughs, or shakes its head. Just serious nobody takes it as.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
That is because neither one of you are American. Individual freedom is the bedrock on which this country was founded.
Old 05-01-20, 11:56 AM   #9282
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Ok, but you said it had nothing to do with Trump?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 05-01-20, 12:13 PM   #9283
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

I said Trump is not the driving force behind these protests, there is a difference.
Old 05-01-20, 12:53 PM   #9284
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
I said Trump is not the driving force behind these protests, there is a difference.

Who cares, let them protest. If they go too far, they get locked up. And everyone knows how fast the virus spreads in jail. Then they will cry to the Governor to save them! Again, no one will care!

Al Capone
Old 05-01-20, 12:54 PM   #9285
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
That is because neither one of you are American. Individual freedom is the bedrock on which this country was founded.
And an after shave like Sir Irisch Moos provides a man the scent of freedom and adventure.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter