SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-08, 11:12 PM   #1
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0
Operation Monsun 3.01 problem

Hi there,
thanks a lot for creating OM it puts some meaning behind playing german side. Anyway, I am having a problem though: I just finished my 7th Patrol and after the return to Kiel I have received following message:"MESSAGE N/A Unit retired & Bad player performance." and on another screen "The war is over. You return to civilan life and...." etc. I have sunk roughly 80k tons and rank 2nd on the Aces list... In IIc in seven patrols I don't think is too shabby performance?

Would you mind to shed some light on this problem?

I have already PMed you the same question but I am posting here as well, maybe more people have the same problem...

Thanks!
Old 07-13-08, 06:08 AM   #2
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

The game looks at things kind of differently. Tonnage is great, you feel like you accomplished something good, however, the game likes it if you complete the assigned patrol areas. Heck, I have gone out, did my assigned areas and come back with almost a full load of torps. I continued on. This is something non-related to OM. Did you complete your assigned areas? As much as I have played this game, I have never been retired. I did the patrol areas assigned. This seems to be the key to moving on up.
Old 07-13-08, 07:21 AM   #3
Reise
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

3 mission failures and I have been kicked out of KM
So you have to complete missions and tonnage always helps too

May also be the end of the time you can use the IIC
I think its only for use till December 39
Maybe you should have traded subs before 7th patrol to a IIB or another
Old 07-13-08, 08:00 AM   #4
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by conus00
Hi there,
thanks a lot for creating OM it puts some meaning behind playing german side. Anyway, I am having a problem though: I just finished my 7th Patrol and after the return to Kiel I have received following message:"MESSAGE N/A Unit retired & Bad player performance." and on another screen "The war is over. You return to civilan life and...." etc. I have sunk roughly 80k tons and rank 2nd on the Aces list... In IIc in seven patrols I don't think is too shabby performance?

Would you mind to shed some light on this problem?

I have already PMed you the same question but I am posting here as well, maybe more people have the same problem...

Thanks!

Please review this section of the "Readme" which is in the first post of the OM thread

Quote:
At this stage of Operation Monsun’s development the player does not have the option to play a Sept 39 to May 45 career, however that will be available with “Action in the North Atlantic” (OM v400) later this year. In the meantime OM’s submarine operations are currently broken into to five unique mini-campaigns

-Type II Coastal operations ( Sept 39 to June 41 )
-Operation Paukenschlag ( Dec 41 to Oct 42 attack on US East Coast )
-30th Flotilla operations ( Oct 42 to Sept 44 )
-Operation Monsun ( July 43 to May 45 )
-11th Flotilla’s Type XXIII operations ( Jan 45 to May 45 )

One of the important things the player must remember is that when you reach the end of one these mini-campaigns, they are no built in WARNING that the campaign is over. The only sign is that when you attempt to start another mission you will “loop” back to the last possible start date. Please note the date mentioned above, as they will be your guide to when your respective campaign to over.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 10:47 AM   #5
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166

^^^ Ohhh. Now I get it. I read most of the txt but I didn't realize that when the minicampaign ends you have to "manually" start next one one. I didn"t get from the readme that it will not roll-over to the next one. What threw me off was the bit about "bad performance"....

Thanks for your replies guys!
Old 07-13-08, 01:33 PM   #6
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by conus00
^^^ Ohhh. Now I get it. I read most of the txt but I didn't realize that when the minicampaign ends you have to "manually" start next one one. I didn"t get from the readme that it will not roll-over to the next one. What threw me off was the bit about "bad performance"....

Thanks for your replies guys!

That is from the "menu.txt" file, I made no changes to that file.
Old 07-15-08, 10:23 PM   #7
DarkFolle
A-ganger

Downloads: 62

Hi all, well this mod is great but i feel there's something strange about the damage team slots (only 2) and 6 guys to handle a 3/4-men 8.8 gun.. not even a real 88 requires such manpower!... and why the third line of crew assigned to stations has 2 guys less? btw the entire stuff related to the compartment crew limitation is stupid IMHO (i'm talking about the stock game) because if i wanna send 10 ppl in a compartment, well i do that, imagine u need weight on a particular part of ur sub maybe to dive faster!! 10 men x 70-80 kg in a compartment is some weight!

Would the creator of this mod maybe correct this thing? adding more slots to compartments but limitating the number of crew u can manage would make it more real i guess. If i got a problem in let's say bow torped room, i got only 4 slots, that's useless, make it 8 slots, i'll send ppl there to repair the stuff if there's the need! in this case a 2-men Damage team is understandable. Else give more slot to damage team.

Else, how can i have 4 men instead of 3 in the command room in the 3rd line of compartment assignments? Some help to add that "missing" slot?

Make it somewhat more and more real!

Last edited by DarkFolle; 07-15-08 at 11:20 PM.
DarkFolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 11:05 PM   #8
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFolle
Hi all, well this mod is great but i feel there's something strange about the damage team slots (only 2) and 6 guys to handle a 3/4-men 8.8 gun.. not even a real 88 requires such manpower!... and why the third line of crew assigned to stations has 2 guys less? btw the entire stuff related to the compartment crew limitation is stupid IMHO (i'm talking about the stock game) because if i wanna send 10 ppl in a compartment, well i do that, imagine u need weight on a particular part of ur sub maybe to dive faster!! 10 men x 70-80 kg in a compartment is some weight!

Would the creator of this mod maybe correct this thing? adding more slots to compartments but limitating the number of crew u can manage would make it more real i guess. If i got a problem in let's say bow torped room, i got only 4 slots, that's useless, make it 8 slots, i'll send ppl there to repair the stuff if there's the need! in this case a 2-men Damage team is understandable. Else give more slot to damage team.

Make it somewhat more and more real!

The crew manning is "as designed", if you were every in the Navy you would find that "every body" is on the Damage Control team during "general quarters"
Old 07-16-08, 12:44 AM   #9
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
There are interrogation reports that confirm the deck gun crews comprised 6-7 men, just like it was on the American side.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 12:44 AM   #10
DarkFolle
A-ganger

thx for the tip..but what about the game? i don't think it thinks to send all the men to damage team when it's needed... u know, i think SH3 crew management was really more closer to what i said before, of course there wasn't the actual crew bed&breakfast behaviour....
Old 07-16-08, 12:47 AM   #11
DarkFolle
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
There are interrogation reports that confirm the deck gun crews comprised 6-7 men, just like it was on the American side.
really? mmm...

confirmed...thx for the info!

Last edited by DarkFolle; 07-16-08 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-20-08, 10:35 PM   #12
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Quote:
thx for the tip..but what about the game? i don't think it thinks to send all the men to damage team when it's needed... u know, i think SH3 crew management was really more closer to what i said before, of course there wasn't the actual crew bed&breakfast behaviour....
Whenever your at battle stations all men will begin to repair broken/damaged equipment. If you have a damage control team it will get done much faster, but the entire crew does do some damage control (I.E. if you just have minor damage to your tubes, and dont feel like assigning crew into the damage control team, it will still get repaired, in time.)
Orion2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 04:28 AM   #13
germannoob
Sailor man

Downloads: 24

Some add's I figured out:
- the crew will repair only the things in their rooms. So the radio guys won't repair the torpedo tubes. If the deck gun isn't manned, it will not be repaired (no crew in slot) as long as the damage control team doesn't repair it
- the crew will repair even not at battle station (bad idea is to be 24/7 at battle station)
- the repair team is a "mobile" repair team. It will repair first the damage which have the highest priority in the damage list.
germannoob is offline   Reply With Quote