SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-05-09, 10:54 PM   #1726
othr
Mate

Downloads: 83
Uploads: 0

alright, thanks for the response, I'll keep on looking.

edit: problem solved, more or less. I had all the graphic effects enabled, it loads without them, doesn't load with them. probably video card memory issue not system memory but close enough.

Last edited by othr; 10-05-09 at 11:56 PM.
othr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 03:58 AM   #1727
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Claims of theft demand extraordinary proof. When you toy with someone's reputation you have a duty to ensure and to prove you are right. As usual with GW related accusations, such proof is lacking and the claims are specious. Why should anyone be surprised? Shame upon your person, sir. If you have any beef at all it certainly isn't with Lurker.

The day of gangster modders is over. We engage each other in cooperative ways, seeking to improve the state of Silent Hunter. When we have questions regarding origins and credit, we communicate privately and in a non-accusatory manner. Respect. Learn it.
@RR

Since YOU kicked open the hatch...

Go f**k yourself with a stick wrapped in barbed wire you arrogant hypocritical bitch. You may have the wool pulled over the eyes of a few by your walls of pseudo-intellectual text, and by your constant narcissistic desire to hear the sound of your own voice... but you've totally disrespected the ability of this community to recognize you as a common BULLSCHITTER and have over-estimated your ability to manipulate the minds of good people here!

How dare you pretend to be an arbiter of ANY kind of moral judgement concerning ANY past GW matter... given your long and joyful history of oblique digs, insults, and disrespect for ANYTHING GW! (Particularly when you invoke terms such as "respect" when you clearly have NONE.)

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT YOU ARE PICKING A FIGHT AND YOU'VE STUCK YOUR NECK WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG!

Carry this ONE INCH FARTHER FORWARD... and I will take this community to SCHOOL concerning your real attitude towards not only The Grey Wolves project in recent times... but your condescending attitude towards Neal Stevens and Subsim itself.

TRY ME PLEASE! I hope you will.

In the meantime, here's a bit of additional 'baseless GW proof' for you concerning one matter we had to address. Read the thread if you've got the nuts for it:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...t=93971&page=3
Start with post #67

...and more if that wasn't enough:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=NYGM+Flotilla

I've got BUCKETS more where that came from.

Concerning JU88... you've kicked one of the kinder/calmer people associated with the GW mod team and casually brushed aside a legitimate complaint. Furthermore, you've COMPLETELY discounted the evidence indicating theft that he has offered, due only to your inability to READ what he has offered. JU88 is a supremely nice guy and I don't think I've ever seen him this angry.

I am certain that no intentional wrong was done by Lurker... but YOU on the other hand, are nothing more than an opportunistic vulture who simply found a window to dive into again.

Congratulations too on finally TRULY managing to piss me off. You've worked so hard for it for so long. I'm sure you won't have a problem reaching back to pat yourself on the back again.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 10-06-09 at 05:28 AM.
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 05:11 AM   #1728
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

hello Lurker_hlb3,

Sorry for my question but i am a little 'lost' with all these readme.txt for OM and OMEGU....
my question is at what resolution must run sh4 in order nothing to be messed up ?

congratulations for your work ....i really like it !

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 05:35 AM   #1729
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

There are just some days when the final line in my signature comes to its fullest right.
Calm down everybody. Ask yourself first before engaging or continuing such a internet fight: What do you REALLY gain by such a heated discussion?
Exactly. Nothing to your daily life.

Everybody makes mistakes. I think the case has been proven, the two parties in the "battle" have realized the mistake, and credits where credits are due can be made, and then that's it. End of story.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 06:24 AM   #1730
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
what resolution must run sh4 in order nothing to be messed up ?
Makman - I use 1280 x 960... and everything fits perfectly.
Good hunting!

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 08:28 AM   #1731
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
@RR

Go f**k yourself with a stick wrapped in barbed wire you arrogant hypocritical bitch. You may have the wool pulled over the eyes of a few by your walls of pseudo-intellectual text,

Man, if there was ever a definition of over the line, that was it. 10 days in the brig. Especially since the issue has been resolved by the two parties peacefully.

Please return to the topic.

Neal
Old 10-06-09, 09:06 AM   #1732
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Anyways,

Anyone know what I should do with my problem?

Pressing the Del/. button on the Num pad, does not remove the HUD. Happens in all 3 of my installs. OM, OM-Med, OM-Pac.

Anything?

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 01:06 PM   #1733
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Oh yikes... my del/. works just fine.
What was the last thing you added, Ivank?

edit: just occurred to me... is your num lock on?

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"

Last edited by Akula4745; 10-06-09 at 01:21 PM.
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 01:48 PM   #1734
ivank
The Old Man

That fixed it! THANKS A BUNCH!

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 10-06-09, 03:01 PM   #1735
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
@RR

Go f**k yourself with a stick wrapped in barbed wire you arrogant hypocritical bitch. You may have the wool pulled over the eyes of a few by your walls of pseudo-intellectual text, and by your constant narcissistic desire to hear the sound of your own voice... but you've totally disrespected the ability of this community to recognize you as a common BULLSCHITTER and have over-estimated your ability to manipulate the minds of good people here!

How dare you pretend to be an arbiter of ANY kind of moral judgement concerning ANY past GW matter... given your long and joyful history of oblique digs, insults, and disrespect for ANYTHING GW! (Particularly when you invoke terms such as "respect" when you clearly have NONE.)

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT YOU ARE PICKING A FIGHT AND YOU'VE STUCK YOUR NECK WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG!

Carry this ONE INCH FARTHER FORWARD... and I will take this community to SCHOOL concerning your real attitude towards not only The Grey Wolves project in recent times... but your condescending attitude towards Neal Stevens and Subsim itself.

TRY ME PLEASE! I hope you will.

In the meantime, here's a bit of additional 'baseless GW proof' for you concerning one matter we had to address. Read the thread if you've got the nuts for it:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...t=93971&page=3
Start with post #67

...and more if that wasn't enough:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=NYGM+Flotilla

I've got BUCKETS more where that came from.

Concerning JU88... you've kicked one of the kinder/calmer people associated with the GW mod team and casually brushed aside a legitimate complaint. Furthermore, you've COMPLETELY discounted the evidence indicating theft that he has offered, due only to your inability to READ what he has offered. JU88 is a supremely nice guy and I don't think I've ever seen him this angry.

I am certain that no intentional wrong was done by Lurker... but YOU on the other hand, are nothing more than an opportunistic vulture who simply found a window to dive into again.

Congratulations too on finally TRULY managing to piss me off. You've worked so hard for it for so long. I'm sure you won't have a problem reaching back to pat yourself on the back again.
Thank you for your perfect illustration of the correctness of my post. "Support" based on similar ballistics from you in 2006: how entertaining. You can always be depended on sir. I could say it was a nice day out and you would go ballistic. Good on you sir. I may send you a nail file in a cake there.

By the way I did not kick JU88. I called attention to the fact that he was calling into question the character of a respected modder by mistakenly calling the authenticity of his credits in public. My contention was that he should have done that in a PM, and that it should have been done in a cooperative, not confrontational way. I further suggested that approached in that way Lurker, an honest man, would have been an ally with JU88 in determining and publishing the truth. JU88, by the way and in contrast to yourself, responded in an honest and forthright way that earned my respect and that of anyone reading his response.

I understand that you believe such an opinion is only for some kind of obscure glory which will descend upon my person and possibly entitle me to a free cup of coffee at the neighborhood Krystal Hamburger joint. Please realize that your own characteristics are not shared by the rest of humanity, some of which, including myself, have jobs, families, lives and rewarding pursuits that make fake internet "glory" entirely unappealing. I suggest you mull that over as you eat your bread and drink your water. You're out of your league. Anyone reading your quote above and contrasting it with anything I have written knows who is the better man.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 10-06-09 at 03:21 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 03:22 PM   #1736
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

man, you guys need to chill out. this is the wrong thread to get at each others throats. stop trying to get the last word in. The reason this argument broke out has been resolved. so stop bickering!

@Ivan, you really should make sure your numlock is on.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 03:44 PM   #1737
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Thank you for your perfect illustration of the correctness of my post. "Support" based on similar ballistics from you in 2006: how entertaining. You can always be depended on sir. I could say it was a nice day out and you would go ballistic. Good on you sir. I may send you a nail file in a cake there.

By the way I did not kick JU88. I called attention to the fact that he was calling into question the character of a respected modder by mistakenly calling the authenticity of his credits in public. My contention was that he should have done that in a PM, and that it should have been done in a cooperative, not confrontational way. I further suggested that approached in that way Lurker, an honest man, would have been an ally with JU88 in determining and publishing the truth. JU88, by the way and in contrast to yourself, responded in an honest and forthright way that earned my respect and that of anyone reading his response.

I understand that you believe such an opinion is only for some kind of obscure glory which will descend upon my person and possibly entitle me to a free cup of coffee at the neighborhood Krystal Hamburger joint. Please realize that your own characteristics are not shared by the rest of humanity, some of which, including myself, have jobs, families, lives and rewarding pursuits that make fake internet "glory" entirely unappealing. I suggest you mull that over as you eat your bread and drink your water. You're out of your league. Anyone reading your quote above and contrasting it with anything I have written knows who is the better man.
4.5 Hrs. 7.5 Hrs. What's with these time periods you ask? Let me explain. 4 and a half hours after Kpt. Lehmann's post Neal made a post sending him to the brig. To me thats the end all say all right there. Case Closed. 7 and a half hours after Neal's post, you post the above. Never have I seen such childish behavior after a matter was settled by the highest authority on a forum. Your post was uncalled for, plain and simple. Whether or not you get punished for your actions is beyond me, but you've still lost a lot of respect from me.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 04:12 PM   #1738
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
4.5 Hrs. 7.5 Hrs. What's with these time periods you ask? Let me explain. 4 and a half hours after Kpt. Lehmann's post Neal made a post sending him to the brig. To me thats the end all say all right there. Case Closed. 7 and a half hours after Neal's post, you post the above. Never have I seen such childish behavior after a matter was settled by the highest authority on a forum. Your post was uncalled for, plain and simple. Whether or not you get punished for your actions is beyond me, but you've still lost a lot of respect from me.
Time is of no function on the Internet. I saw it when I saw it and the times of events were irrelevant. Sorry if I offended you by defending myself, but the way I see it, failure to respond to unfounded accusation is validation and I will not give Kapt Lehmann that satisfaction after the things he said. Childish is not what I did, but what he did and I stand by and will gladly suffer whatever consequences result from what I said, which was reasonable, with cause, civilly stated and appropriate to the circumstances.

As for respect, that is not something I care much about. I say the truth and let people respect or not respect me as they wish. I'm quick to apologize when I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong now. His invective demanded a response, 7 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours or 48 hours later. I think my response was measured, to the point and necessary. Put yourself in my place. Your response would likely have been stronger.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 04:43 PM   #1739
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Folks not know what back on topic means. RR you have something to say to KL, do it via PM.

Quote:
As for respect, that is not something I care much about.
Let's respect SUBSIM rules here. They exist for a reason.

Neal posted earlier on this, now let's move on please.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 04:50 PM   #1740
ivank
The Old Man

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1