SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-12, 02:05 PM   #931
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Uploads: 0

@Sittingwolf

Hi mate, as far as I'm aware, there is no future developement planned (unless it's being kept under wraps ) . This is final release. However I'm sure IABL will correct me if I'm wrong

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 03:27 PM   #932
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks mate.
The mod is really very enjoyable to me and I just thought that there were some new versions underway.

Last edited by Sittingwolf; 08-10-12 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-03-12, 04:11 PM   #933
rohan2302
Watch

Downloads: 117
Default Damage help

i really want to thank iambecomelife for this amazing mod! it's one of the best gameplay enhancers out there.
However, i have one serious grouse with this mod and that is it does not include ship damage info in the recognition manual. This makes it extremely difficult to take down some of these ships in smooth waters. In rough waters you don't need a 'hole in one' shot to sink them. I was just playing SH3 a while ago and encountered what i think was an M09X merchant ship with a tonnage of less than 4k and i fired four torpedoes between the command center and the middle of the ship and all it did was come to a halt. The front deck was on fire but the ship was not anywhere near sinking. This is extremely frustrating considering that i am used to blowing up 6 and 7k ton c2's and c3's with one shot. Does anyone have any idea about how to sink the ships in these mods with one shot? is there a manual out there which shows the vulnerable areas like fuel and ammo?
rohan2302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 08:11 PM   #934
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan2302 View Post
i really want to thank iambecomelife for this amazing mod! it's one of the best gameplay enhancers out there.
However, i have one serious grouse with this mod and that is it does not include ship damage info in the recognition manual. This makes it extremely difficult to take down some of these ships in smooth waters. In rough waters you don't need a 'hole in one' shot to sink them. I was just playing SH3 a while ago and encountered what i think was an M09X merchant ship with a tonnage of less than 4k and i fired four torpedoes between the command center and the middle of the ship and all it did was come to a halt. The front deck was on fire but the ship was not anywhere near sinking. This is extremely frustrating considering that i am used to blowing up 6 and 7k ton c2's and c3's with one shot. Does anyone have any idea about how to sink the ships in these mods with one shot? is there a manual out there which shows the vulnerable areas like fuel and ammo?
IIRC there was a chart floating around for GWX3 that showed hit zones or something for all the ships in GWX, but I don't know that it included all the MFM ships (doubtful) or that such a chart exists.

That said, firing at a spot directly below the smokestack(s) is always a good bet if you're looking to cause some major damage. If it's an armed ship, aiming for directly below any gun emplacements may result in hitting an ammo bunker which can also cause more immediate extensive damage.

Another good spot is in the bow area, particularly in rough seas where the ship's forward momentum and the higher waves can cause it to scoop a lot of water in through the hole you punched. If you are using GWX, be aware that flooding will be the major cause of damage leading to sinking, and that takes time so unless you hit something that really goes *boom* in a critical way, patience is a must.

Aiming below a forward mast may also get you a hit in the spot where a bulkhead separates two holds or compartments, leading to flooding occurring in both, leading to a quicker sinking from fewer hits.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 07:06 AM   #935
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
IIRC there was a chart floating around for GWX3 that showed hit zones or something for all the ships in GWX, but I don't know that it included all the MFM ships (doubtful) or that such a chart exists.

That said, firing at a spot directly below the smokestack(s) is always a good bet if you're looking to cause some major damage. If it's an armed ship, aiming for directly below any gun emplacements may result in hitting an ammo bunker which can also cause more immediate extensive damage.

Another good spot is in the bow area, particularly in rough seas where the ship's forward momentum and the higher waves can cause it to scoop a lot of water in through the hole you punched. If you are using GWX, be aware that flooding will be the major cause of damage leading to sinking, and that takes time so unless you hit something that really goes *boom* in a critical way, patience is a must.

Aiming below a forward mast may also get you a hit in the spot where a bulkhead separates two holds or compartments, leading to flooding occurring in both, leading to a quicker sinking from fewer hits.
In the Maiks pages there is that chart, but it doesn´t includes the MFM ships.

The real U Boat commanders hadn´t all the information of the ships sighted; the same for the american commanders of fleet boats in the Pacific. In many cases, there wasn´t time to look the books, and all the process of targeting and aiming was pure improvisation...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 05:30 PM   #936
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well guys, you probably changed your mind. That's good. Earlier I asked and got the reply about none version being underway and now look, here we go, A brand new one of that Merchant Fleet Mod is being planned. Cool .
Old 03-04-12, 06:33 PM   #937
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittingwolf View Post
Well guys, you probably changed your mind. That's good. Earlier I asked and got the reply about none version being underway and now look, here we go, A brand new one of that Merchant Fleet Mod is being planned. Cool .
Great news, mate!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 06:14 AM   #938
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 12:25 PM   #939
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittingwolf View Post
A chart / recognition manual mate, yes, future developement, a new MFM version ?.......... Like I said, not that I'm aware of, unless IABL has something very special cooking

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Old 03-09-12, 10:30 AM   #940
rohan2302
Watch

Default SH3 unstable with MFM3.2

Hey i have been experiencing a few CTD's in sh3 of late with MFM3.2 installed and in almost every instance it occurred at hight time compressions (512 or 1024) in open seas just before it seemed the game was trying to render some AI ship or something as it would pause momentarily then resume and then crash. The error message points to 'kernel.dll' or very seldom to 'ntdll.dll'.
I didn't have this issue before installing MFM 3.2.
Earlier i had used SH3 commander to increase TC for pray and hunter to 256, enemy detected to 32 and 3d to 256. But CTD's always occured at 512 or 1024 in navmap. Haven't witness another CTD since i restored TC to original settings but then i have only done one patrol since.

system specs - intel dual core 1.8ghz, 3gb ddr2 pc6400, 1gb graphics card, win xp pro SP3, 1024MB min/max page file.
Should i enable the 3GB switch to be able to run MFM 3.2 without any issues? i read somewhere that with my ram configuration i should add '/Userva=2304' to the end of the switch.
Old 03-09-12, 10:43 AM   #941
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

I think, 3 GB is not enough. I had 4GB and had many CTD´s. I bought for my modded SHIII (GWX+many mods+MFM 3.2 and skins) 8GB, 64bit OS and GTX 560 Ti and works fine now.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 10:48 AM   #942
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Hey i have been experiencing a few CTD's in sh3 of late with MFM3.2 installed and in almost every instance it occurred at hight time compressions (512 or 1024) in open seas just before it seemed the game was trying to render some AI ship or something as it would pause momentarily then resume and then crash. The error message points to 'kernel.dll' or very seldom to 'ntdll.dll'.
I didn't have this issue before installing MFM 3.2.
Earlier i had used SH3 commander to increase TC for pray and hunter to 256, enemy detected to 32 and 3d to 256. But CTD's always occured at 512 or 1024 in navmap. Haven't witness another CTD since i restored TC to original settings but then i have only done one patrol since.

system specs - intel dual core 1.8ghz, 3gb ddr2 pc6400, 1gb graphics card, win xp pro SP3, 1024MB min/max page file.
Should i enable the 3GB switch to be able to run MFM 3.2 without any issues? i read somewhere that with my ram configuration i should add '/Userva=2304' to the end of the switch.
Hi mate, quick question, are you using the 4GB patch. Or use the 3gb switch as you indicated. Without it MFM is almost unusable. It can be found in the downloads section, here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2888

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Old 03-09-12, 12:24 PM   #943
rohan2302
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Hi mate, quick question, are you using the 4GB patch. Or use the 3gb switch as you indicated. Without it MFM is almost unusable. It can be found in the downloads section, here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2888

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
I have the 4GB patch but i haven't installed it cause i figured it would be irrelevant in my case considering i only have 3GB ram.
As for the 3GB switch, i just don't know the appropriate settings for my system so i don't want to make it unstable.
As i said, i have 3GB DDR2 ram, 1GB geforce gfx card and my page file is set 1024MB min/max. Should i increase the pagefile before applying the switch because with it enabled i will need windows to allocate at least 1 GB of virtual memory to kernel, right?
Here is a screen of task manager -

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...oard01bgq.jpg/
Old 03-09-12, 05:29 PM   #944
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Quote:
I have the 4GB patch but i haven't installed it cause i figured it would be irrelevant in my case considering i only have 3GB ram.
As for the 3GB switch, i just don't know the appropriate settings for my system so i don't want to make it unstable.
As i said, i have 3GB DDR2 ram, 1GB geforce gfx card and my page file is set 1024MB min/max. Should i increase the pagefile before applying the switch because with it enabled i will need windows to allocate at least 1 GB of virtual memory to kernel, right?
Here is a screen of task manager -

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...oard01bgq.jpg/

Hi mate sorry it took a bit, mucho scratching of the head. Here is ( I think ) my original post explaining all this :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ch#post1473354

Hope this helps mate, if not feel free to keelhaul me

Good Luck

BTW BACKUP ALL FILES FIRST!!!!

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Old 03-09-12, 06:36 PM   #945
rohan2302
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Hi mate sorry it took a bit, mucho scratching of the head. Here is ( I think ) my original post explaining all this :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ch#post1473354

Hope this helps mate, if not feel free to keelhaul me

Good Luck

BTW BACKUP ALL FILES FIRST!!!!

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Thanks for the help, i'll try out the 3GB switch and see if it improves performance.