Closed Thread

Old 02-19-17, 05:51 PM   #1951
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
It's possible, I mean most of his supporters either couldn't care or already just buy into his story so it doesn't really matter what he says, I mean he's already put it better than I can when he said that he could 'shoot somebody and not lose any voters'.

Meanwhile in USAF Spangdahlem:
http://gizmodo.com/accidental-inboun...out-1792518356

https://www.airforcetimes.com/articl...valentines-day
Hey if a former VP can do it (Mr. Cheney), then Trump's probably right he could get away with shooting someone, depending on who that someone is.
Old 02-19-17, 07:13 PM   #1952
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Are people who's against Trump collecting words here and there from what he says and then add their own words so it make sense in their world ?

I have wondered what Trump ment by his comment
"look at what’s happening last night in Sweden, who would believe this? "

Some friends friend have posted a transcript of his speech

Here is what he furthermore said about Sweden and what our own Press never mentioned in their cover on this issue.

"They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible"

Markus
Old 02-19-17, 07:43 PM   #1953
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Trump may be referring to documents like the UNODC statistics which indicate an increase in rape and others indicating a perception that crime is increasing in Sweden. Like me, Trump can only presume to know it is immigrants causing this increase since Swedish authorities leave such statistical information out of their reports.

The UNDOC I looked at only covers a period from 2003 thru 2010 with each year showing an increase in rape cases. Contrary to other information Ive read in the latest news it has not declined since in 2005. Sweden is ranked third in the world (2010) having more than twice the number of rape case than the U.S. which is ranked 9th.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-19-17 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-19-17, 08:41 PM   #1954
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Up next: The Rearranging Of The Deck Chairs...

<O>
Old 02-19-17, 08:58 PM   #1955
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Trump may be referring to documents like the UNODC statistics which indicate an increase in rape and others indicating a perception that crime is increasing in Sweden. Like me, Trump can only presume to know it is immigrants causing this increase since Swedish authorities leave such statistical information out of their reports.

The UNDOC I looked at only covers a period from 2003 thru 2010 with each year showing an increase in rape cases. Contrary to other information Ive read in the latest news it has not declined since in 2005. Sweden is ranked third in the world (2010) having more than twice the number of rape case than the U.S. which is ranked 9th.
From the UNDOC:
Quote:
Please note that when using the figures, any cross-national comparisons should be conducted with caution because of the differences that exist between the legal definitions of offences in countries, or the different methods of offence counting and recording.
http://www.unodc.org/documents/data-...alViolence.xls

The document in question is also incomplete, providing no data at all for many countries for specific years. As for Sweden specifically, see Wikipedia:
Quote:
The Swedish police record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries. Sweden also has a comparatively wide definition of rape. This means that more sexual crimes are registered as rape than in most other countries. For example, in 2005 Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider, which led to a marked increase in reports. Additionally, the Swedish police have improved the handling of rape cases, in an effort to decrease the number of unreported cases. For this reason, large-scale victimisation surveys have been presented by criminologists as a more reliable indicator of rape prevalence. An EU-wide survey on sexual violence against women, published by the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) in 2014, showed Sweden was only third highest, below Denmark and Finland and a previous assessment by Brå have placed Sweden at an average level among European nations.

According to the FRA study there's a strong correlation between higher levels of gender equality and disclosure of sexual violence. This, and a greater willingness among Swedish women to report rape in relationships, may also explain the relatively high rates of reported rape in Sweden, which has a long-standing tradition of gender equality policy and legislation, as well as an established women's movement, and has been ranked as the number one country in sex equality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics#Sweden

Old 02-19-17, 09:17 PM   #1956
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Just in case you missed the point. Regardless how one defines rape the fact remains the number of reported cases in Sweden during a 7 year period have increased, they have not decreased. What is not known is if this increase is due to an influx of immigrants because BRÅ stopped providing those statistics in their reports. Since that statistical information is either kept secret or just no longer sought, like me, Trump can only prsesume it is due to the influx of immigrants. According to what Ive read it would seem to me too the Swedish government is lying its arse off when they say crime has gone down since 2005. Maybe petty crime is down but rape sure is isnt.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-19-17 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-19-17, 11:08 PM   #1957
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Just in case you missed the point. Regardless how one defines rape the fact remains the number of reported cases in Sweden during a 7 year period have increased, they have not decreased. What is not known is if this increase is due to an influx of immigrants because BRÅ stopped providing those statistics in their reports. Since that statistical information is either kept secret or just no longer sought, like me, Trump can only prsesume it is due to the influx of immigrants. According to what Ive read it would seem to me too the Swedish government is lying its arse off when they say crime has gone down since 2005. Maybe petty crime is down but rape sure is isnt.
Quote:
[Sociologist at the National Council for Crime Prevention in Stockholm] Klara Selin says the [rape] statistics don't represent a major crime epidemic, rather a shift in attitudes. The public debate about this sort of crime in Sweden over the past two decades has had the effect of raising awareness, she says, and encouraging women to go to the police if they have been attacked.
The police have also made efforts to improve their handling of cases, she suggests, though she doesn't deny that there has been some real increase in the number of attacks taking place - a concern also outlined in an Amnesty International report in 2010.
"There might also be some increase in actual crime because of societal changes. Due to the internet, for example, it's much easier these days to meet somebody, just the same evening if you want to. Also, alcohol consumption has increased quite a lot during this period.
"But the major explanation is partly that people go to the police more often, but also the fact that in 2005 there has been reform in the sex crime legislation, which made the legal definition of rape much wider than before."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19592372

Old 02-19-17, 11:35 PM   #1958
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
"Sweden, who would believe this."

Not me.
Either Trump does not know what happened, then he is uniformed, or just dumb. Or he is a liar. Frankly, i think he is just making things up without thinking, to underline or get his views through. Alternative facts - you have an opinion and make up events to prove it. Lot of slander has already happened, e.g. most of what Trump accused Clinton with, were plain lies.

Apart from laughing their sses off, ...
http://www.dw.com/en/trumps-sweden-t...ing/a-37624285

...meanwhile Sweden has officially asked for an explanation from the US government.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa...-idUKKBN15Y0QP

Entertaining
This might explain something about how Trump gets his stories so.... mixed up.
Old 02-20-17, 06:19 AM   #1959
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

well the problems in Sweden are well known to anyone with even a passing interest in international news and have been reported for the past few years.

Sweden had very low immigration for decades and a very homogeonous population. With the Iraq war, they started taking in relatively large numbers of muslim refugees which caused all sorts of disription, from strain on the social services to cultural conflict to, yes, a rising crime rate.

This led to the rise of the swedish Democrats party with a anti-immigration platform which went from nowhere to one of the most popular party in Sweden.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/h...e-immigration/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-SUE-REID.html

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 02-20-17 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-20-17, 06:36 AM   #1960
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Rule 1 of the Donald club - Don't criticise the Donald:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...smissed-235175
Old 02-20-17, 06:40 AM   #1961
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

rape, its a shift in attitute alright.

Old 02-20-17, 06:49 AM   #1962
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
rape, its a shift in attitute alright.
If you define rape as looking sternly at a woman then yea.
Old 02-20-17, 07:22 AM   #1963
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Rule 1 of the Donald club - Don't criticise the Donald:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...smissed-235175
Obama did the same thing.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...e-war-meeting/
Old 02-20-17, 07:56 AM   #1964
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
One would hope that presidents would learn from the errors of their predecessors...
Old 02-20-17, 08:44 AM   #1965
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
One would hope that presidents would learn from the errors of their predecessors...
U.S. Presidents are by definition obsessively egotistical or self-centered. If you look at it objectively what normal, socially adjusted person would even want that job? I think Gerald Ford was the only President we had that actually didn't want to be president. (victim of circumstance).
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter