SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-21, 05:04 AM   #6916
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

In England, an estimated 54.9% of the population had Covid antibodies in the week to 28 March, the Office for National Statistics says.

That number was 49.1% in Wales, 54.5% in Northern Ireland and 46% in Scotland.

The US, South Africa and European Union pause the Johnson & Johnson vaccine rollout after reports of rare blood clotting.
The US Food and Drug Administration says six blood clot cases were detected after more than 6.8 million doses of the vaccine were administered.

Johnson & Johnson says that "no clear causal relationship" has been established between its vaccine and the clots.

A leading statistician says data supports PM Boris Johnson's claim lockdown, not vaccines, was the major cause of the UK's fall in cases.

A UK trial looking at whether different types of jabs can be used for first and second doses hopes to recruit more volunteers.

So far more than 32 million people in the UK have received a first vaccine dose, while 7.8 million have had both doses.

The delay in rolling out the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is proving a headache for European governments that are relying on it to meet national vaccination targets.

Spain’s vaccine programme has started slowly and it was expecting 5.5 million doses of the Janssen dose (as it is known in Europe) by the end of June. Belgium received its first delivery of the single-dose vaccine on Monday – it says it’ll wait for a “clear signal” from the EU’s medicines agency before deciding which age group will receive it. German immunology expert Carsten Watzl wants the government in Berlin to focus on securing other vaccine deliveries to ensure under-60s are inoculated.

Lockdown in France has led to “significant and immediate health benefits” from a fall in pollution levels, according to the SPF public health agency. There has been an estimated fall of 2,300 deaths from exposure to particulate matter and another 1,200 from nitrogen dioxide linked to traffic.

France has suspended fights to and from Brazil because of concerns surrounding the P-1 Covid-19 variant prevalent in the country. Two flights will arrive in France this morning which took off before the midnight ban came into force.

Germany has reported more than 21,000 new infections in the past 24 hours and a rising seven-day incidence rate of 153.2.

A Dutch programme to hold test events with audiences is to continue later this week with 1,500 people attending a music award festival in Utrecht. Further big events will take place on 24 April with audiences of 8,000 and 10,000. Everyone needs a negative test before the event and then five days afterwards too.

In Croatia, Zagreb’s tourist board is offering half-price coronavirus tests to tourists who spend at least one night in the city. It wants them to extend their stay without worrying about their return home.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 07:59 AM   #6917
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Denmark ultimately abandons vaccinating with the AZ vaccine, indefinitely. It has been deleted from their vaccination scheme.

Chinese vaccines more and more come under suspicions to be far less effective than previously published and claimed by the regime. Some critics call some of them "placebos".

The Russian vaccine Sputnik V slowly darkens its reputation, too, it seems. Its said there are growing concerns that the delivered charges to Europe do not match the samples described in documentations and studies. The Slovenians were first hitting the alarm button.

Well, Sputnik V was my favourite. But I said I mean the Sputnik V that the published data describes.

Johnson& Johnson faces problems with its vaccine. So does Moderna. It seems the least disputed choice for the moment indeed is the Biontech one.
Old 04-14-21, 08:03 AM   #6918
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

For all i have read and heard, there are six cases of blood clots in a million vaccinated persons.
It has been researched, there are certain precautions that can be made beforehand, is this ban really worth it?

Apart from p*** Boris Johnson off, of course
uh uh

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 08:21 AM   #6919
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
For all i have read and heard, there are six cases of blood clots in a million vaccinated persons.
It has been researched, there are certain precautions that can be made beforehand, is this ban really worth it?
My reaosoning exactly. But i red some minutes ago that there is one big unknown: the documentation of the probability for these problems in various age groups is so uncomplete or non-existent that this lack of information raises questions. I add this to earlier problems with AZ from the first phase trials on, and it has always been the same with them throughout the now long chain of problems and issues: they did not document properly, the evaded, they lied, and tried to get away. Thats why I said some days ago that personally I am done with them. This company has ruined its reputation, I do not trust it anymore and never will trust it again. Its acting has a foul smell around it, sorry to say. That they also lied about the date of treaty signatures with the UK and EU is the one issue that you certainly would agree on, if not on the others. This is no excuse for the stupid things the EU did and practiced, of course.

The blood clotting issue seems to be inherent with all so-far known vector vaccines for Covid19, or am I wrong?

Meanwhile it gets reported today that Biontech will deliver an additional load of 50 million doses to Germany until I think June. And an addon-treaty for the delivery of 1.8 bn additional doses until 2023 to the EU is short of being signed.
Old 04-14-21, 08:36 AM   #6920
Catfish

oh here i agree with you, the reports were incomplete and they still try to dodge direct questions - doubtful procedural methods and all that; but however by now and after millions of people being vaccinated and it is obviously working... why not.
Half of friends have been vaccinated by now once (first jab) either with AZ or the german BionTech, no problems up to now. This is not representative, or statistically significant, but then are 6 in a million?

No need to answer, we'll see..

Old 04-14-21, 08:54 AM   #6921
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

True Denmark has abandon AZ and they have put Johnson & Johnson in the fridge. Since report from USA that it could have the same side effect as AZ.
Denmark have bought 5.6 dosis of this Johnson & Johnson.

Sweden has no plan on abandon AZ only changes is that only people above 50/60 years old will be vaccinated with AZ.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 10:34 AM   #6922
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
oh here i agree with you, the reports were incomplete and they still try to dodge direct questions - doubtful procedural methods and all that; but however by now and after millions of people being vaccinated and it is obviously working... why not.
Half of friends have been vaccinated by now once (first jab) either with AZ or the german BionTech, no problems up to now. This is not representative, or statistically significant, but then are 6 in a million?

No need to answer, we'll see..
On the weighing of risks, I agree with you, and if it would be only the thrombosis thing and that would be the first issue raised with AZ, I would not mind, nor change my mind. Its the record they have established that has me on my guard against them now. But that is my decision affecting myself only, and neither will I tell nations or people not to use AZ, nor will I tell them to especially use this one. But personally, only myself: I am done with this company, I do not trust them anymore. Too long a record of issues with them, too established their reputation to be untrustworthy. Heaven knows what will come in late consequences of this vaccine. I try my luck with another one.

Heck, you and me live in Germany, and Biontech did the development of its vaccine and got paid with German taxes for that, so why the heck have they messed things up in Berlin so that German citizens do not get vaccinated with their German-made and German-developed and German-paid vaccine...? Absolutely incomprehensible. But somewhat typical.
Old 04-14-21, 12:59 PM   #6923
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

As I've stated previously, the EU's gripe should not be with the UK but rather AZ

Besides, I've been vaccinated with Pfizer and I'm happy with that.

Old 04-14-21, 01:07 PM   #6924
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-14-21, 01:20 PM   #6925
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
As I've stated previously, the EU's gripe should not be with the UK but rather AZ

Besides, I've been vaccinated with Pfizer and I'm happy with that.
Germans inside your Royalty, now the German formula in your veins, and this time no Spitfires around to save you, Muahahahahaha Get ready to turn blond and blue-eyed!
Old 04-14-21, 01:32 PM   #6926
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Germans inside your Royalty, now the German formula in your veins, and this time no Spitfires around to save you, Muahahahahaha Get ready to turn blond and blue-eyed!
Thank the Lord the French were unsuccessful in their efforts at producing a vaccine

Old 04-14-21, 09:13 PM   #6927
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

US biotech company Moderna announced Covid vaccine is 90 percent effective against all forms of the disease and 95 percent effective against severe disease.

U.S. vacinations

People Fully Vaccinated

% of Population Fully Vaccinated

21.15%

How things going in the EU, still blaming the Brits and Big Pharma instead the glaring lack of E.U. leadership I suppose.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 12:02 AM   #6928
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 03:00 AM   #6929
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
[...] How things going in the EU, still blaming the Brits and Big Pharma instead the glaring lack of E.U. leadership I suppose.
Still less dead than in the US. Astra Zeneca is ok in my book, but if they don't deliver what can we do? Declare war? Maybe we can outsource the latter to Russia. And "Leadership", what are you? A democracy?

EU throws weight behind Pfizer-BioNTech and new technology

Last edited by Catfish; 04-15-21 at 04:13 AM.
Old 04-15-21, 04:00 AM   #6930
Skybird
Soaring

It seems to me both the US and EU are on a course to move away from using Covid 19 vector vaccines (AstraZeneca, Johnson&Johnson) in general.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan