SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-24-14, 09:37 PM   #11251
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 0

Having a major problem with 7.5.0 version 17.

All was well for five full patrols. Then on returning from my sixth I got CTD's nearing Wilhelmshaven and on restarting the game had pretty much what is shown in the attached screenshot.

I eventually managed to get into harbour and dock, saved in bunker and exited the game. On restarting the problem persisted.

I've tried the following:

Re-jigged my mod load order trying everything from New_UI's first to New_UI's last.

Deleted all TDW_Draggables files and letting the game rebuild them.

Deleting TDW Options file and installing an un-edited one.

It's nothing to do with TDW-s patches (I'm a Steam user and so don't have any of those patches installed).

Eventually I removed 7.5.0 completely, re-downloaded and reinstalled it...... And got the same graphical corruption.

SOS!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TDW_UI corruption.jpg (96.5 KB, 34 views)
Jester_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 12:40 AM   #11252
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_UK View Post
Having a major problem with 7.5.0 version 17.

All was well for five full patrols. Then on returning from my sixth I got CTD's nearing Wilhelmshaven and on restarting the game had pretty much what is shown in the attached screenshot.

I eventually managed to get into harbour and dock, saved in bunker and exited the game. On restarting the problem persisted.

I've tried the following:

Re-jigged my mod load order trying everything from New_UI's first to New_UI's last.

Deleted all TDW_Draggables files and letting the game rebuild them.

Deleting TDW Options file and installing an un-edited one.

It's nothing to do with TDW-s patches (I'm a Steam user and so don't have any of those patches installed).

Eventually I removed 7.5.0 completely, re-downloaded and reinstalled it...... And got the same graphical corruption.

SOS!!!!!
after reinstall u deleted again all _Draggables.TDW file ?
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 04:47 AM   #11253
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
after reinstall u deleted again all _Draggables.TDW file ?
Hi Sjizzle.

Yes. Three times in fact.

Strange thing is I have one save from earlier (before all the crashing started). If I load that save then the screen is fine...... Trouble is that it's impossible to dock without suffering a CTD and as soon as I'm close to the harbour any saves I make have the graphics corruption.

I'm going to try starting a new campaign and see what happens. I'll keep this one though so I can try any potential solutions that can be suggested.
Old 05-25-14, 08:15 AM   #11254
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Just an update to the above:

Tried to start a new campaign (used "silentotto" to start Happy Times campaign). Saved, quit, restarted to check if it was working ok. New campaign save in bunker loaded fine. Quit and installed NewUI's 7.5.0. Started game, loaded save....... Instant CTD.

Old 05-25-14, 10:15 AM   #11255
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Do you have the harbor mod loaded? If so, try to disable it and see what happens. It worked for me in Kiel.
Old 05-25-14, 11:06 AM   #11256
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Changing heading while in TC

In high TC (32+), I can issue SHSpeech Recognition commands, such as "make my heading west" or "set course 270 degrees", and it gets done.

I noticed that changing the heading through the heading bar or via the compass doesn't take effect while in high TC, even though the crew acknowledges it, so I have to go to TC 1 in order to do it.

Can anyone confirm that this is normal or not, please? It's not a big deal, but just so I know.

Thanks ..
Old 05-25-14, 12:18 PM   #11257
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Do you have the harbor mod loaded? If so, try to disable it and see what happens. It worked for me in Kiel.
No harbour mod and things are getting worse. Now with only the main New_UI mod and the main OHII 2.5 mod I get an instant CTD as soon as the game gets to the loading screen after the intro movie.

All I can think now is my SH5 install is totally hosed. I'm going to wipe the game files and reinstall from scratch.

Absolutely gutted...... I was on my way back from a patrol where I'd sunk the Nelson when all this went wrong............ Hmmm...... Wonder if MI6 had anything to do with it.........???

EDIT: PS @7Infanterie19..... Wish I could help you, especially as you were kind enough to try and help me, but I don't use voice recognition. Sorry.
Old 05-25-14, 01:04 PM   #11258
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

No problem. Thanks for the thought though.

After I install SH5, I back up a copy of that install folder to another drive. Whenever things get ugly, I make a mod profile save in JSGME, disable all the mods, delete everything in the install folder except MODS, JSGME and whatever other "after install things" I need to keep. Then I copy over from that backup and re-enable the mods using the profile save. That usually works. If needed to be cleaner, then the same as above, but also back up the SH5 folder in My Documents before doing the reinstall, then re-enable mods, copy over the backed up SH5 folder and start up, barring any problems with any of those files in that SH5. So after you reinstall, do that for the future so it may save you some time and headache. Backups backups backups.

Other than that, if your reinstall doesn't work, I'm going to have to leave this problem of yours to the experts who run those mods, because I don't have any other suggestions at the moment.
Old 05-25-14, 02:14 PM   #11259
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

If the reinstall doesn't work I think I'll take my U-boat out into the North Sea and submerge with the hatches open!!!!!

Old 05-26-14, 10:34 AM   #11260
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
If the reinstall doesn't work I think I'll take my U-boat out into the North Sea and submerge with the hatches open!!!!!

lol .. leave us your cake and cookies before you go.
Old 06-06-14, 03:14 PM   #11261
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
v7.5.0 test version 17 available here:
- removed old sextant. Added a new sextant to the game. The sextant is used by calling up the Sextant window from the Navigator's order bar. This requires the Stadimeter being used as sextant patch to be enabled in the Generic Patcher.......

Does this mean that anyone with the Steam version can't use the sextant?

Thanks.

Last edited by Jester_UK; 06-06-14 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-06-14, 05:25 PM   #11262
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Does this mean that anyone with the Steam version can't use the sextant?

Thanks.
nope ... steam version of the games are crap i recomand u to buy a dvd version of the game cost only 10 dollars ....
and with steam version u can't use the patcher at all and the game is full with bugs without tdw's patcher
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 07:52 PM   #11263
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Hmm. Well that's....... disappointing.

I know TDW's mods are fantastic, but the idea of giving Ubisoft 1 penny more than they've already had from me doesn't sit well.

EDIT: Found the download version available on Gamersgate. Considering getting it. Does anyone know if TDW's patcher works with that version?

Last edited by Jester_UK; 06-06-14 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-07-14, 05:08 AM   #11264
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi 7Infanterie19

Do you do anything with the Ubisoft Folder in x86 programs?

Up to TC16 the order and bearing change is carried out.

If you are higher than TC16 and you change your compass bearing then nothing happens although the order is given.

If you then go to TC1 still nothing changes.

I you roll the mouse wheel back one click and then roll it forward one click then the bearing will change and the order is also repeated.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-14, 07:10 AM   #11265
Von Tonner
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Hmm. Well that's....... disappointing.

I know TDW's mods are fantastic, but the idea of giving Ubisoft 1 penny more than they've already had from me doesn't sit well.

EDIT: Found the download version available on Gamersgate. Considering getting it. Does anyone know if TDW's patcher works with that version?
Hi Jester

I got my DL copy from Gamersgate as well but have not had any joy in getting TDW interface or the patcher to work. It could be my stupidity but I have asked for help in main SH5 thread with pics of my install and nothing suggested has helped. If you come right please let me know!
Von Tonner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui