SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-01-17, 07:36 PM   #1
Templar_4450th
Watch

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
bullhorn [BUG] Custom audio in override directory not being played in game

I have been trying to replace the torpedo active sonar with a different sound. Cold Waters no longer plays ANY sound whatsoever for torpedo pings (they are going active and definitely pinging, but the audio file is not being used) so I know it is no longer calling on the internal audio files... which is half the battle won I suppose

I have modified weapons.txt and changed the referenced audio on every torpedo from:

AudioClip=audio/environment/sonar_ping_short
to:
AudioClip=audio/environment/sonar_ping_short.wav (or .ogg, or .mp3)

Nothing else was changed within weapons.txt.

I have also mimicked the internal audio file structure by placing the files in the corresponding directories within the override folder.

Thus far, I have tried .wav, .ogg, and .mp3 type audio. The file itself is 44,100 Stereo, though I have also tried 32,000 Stereo with no effect. Is there a specific encoding that the audio file itself needs to be set to in order for the game to play it, or is this bugged out? I have noticed that the custom voice audio (Harpoon's modded voices) is playing properly without issue in-game and my sound files appear to be formatted in the same way.

I have also tried changing submarine engine and propeller sounds using the same method (which I saw posted by KFG) and the same issue exists for them as well, no in-game audio played for the modded sound. I have posted this on the steam forum for Cold Waters as well in order to increase exposure and hopefully bring the issue to the attention of the devs. Any assistance resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!
Templar_4450th is offline   Reply With Quote