SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-10-20, 12:40 PM   #931
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default New York Gov calls out National Guard to wall off part of New York State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
A 32 year-old doctor's assistant in New Jersey who became infected is now hospitalized and in serious condition with pneumonia. He is on oxygen, but his health continues to deteriorate, with only one lung now semi-functional. He had no underlying health problems. Also, he doesn't drink or smoke.

46 workers in a single office and 4 family members infected in Seoul, South Korea.https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...hnk/index.html
Now, this is scary! There is a cluster of cases in this part of New York State and the Governor of New York State called out the National Guard to wall off this part of the state. That's like a Hollywood movie I've seen on the Sci-Fi Channel on TV.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 12:45 PM   #932
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

What a load of crap that the USA (CIA) is responsible for Covid-19

Here it is in black and white that the bats they are blaming were sold in the market place did not come from the local area, but from the Wuhan Center for Disease Control

https://finance.townhall.com/columni...draft-n2564336

Quote:
Since the start of the outbreak, Chinese state-controlled social media has been pushing the theory that the virus is a US bio-weapon.

China’s own researchers at the South China University of Technology, Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao, believe that it’s likely that the virus originated from the ironically-named Wuhan Center for Disease Control. (Communists are notorious for their ironic naming conventions). The Chinese scientists cited the fact that the genome sequence of the bats most commonly associated with the Wuhan flu are from bats identical to the bats in the lab and not bats native to Wuhan.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 12:52 PM   #933
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ but i tend to agree. A covert operation, developing a virus in Wuhan to divert from the USA, brilliant !

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 12:55 PM   #934
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

UK virus cases reach 373 as sixth person dies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51822618

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 01:43 PM   #935
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

https://news.yahoo.com/french-mayor-...001955753.html

Good to see somebody is having fun.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 03:01 PM   #936
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

mapuc,

you asked for this some time ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51800707

------------------------------

German ice hockey league DHL this season will have no champion, they have cancelled all playoff games. I assume economically it does not pay off to have ghost matches without audience. So, the German hocky season is over from immediately on. Football Bundesliga will have ghost matches, many.

The seasonal funfair in Münster ("Send") is cancelled as well. Its famous far beyond the region, and attracts people even form Holland. It runs three times a year.

Slowly, more and more Germany shifts towards lockdown mode. In my district and surorpunding "counties", first classes, now more and more schools and canteens get locked down.

They said on TV today that Germany has 500,000 hospital beds, 28,000 of which are with respiratory intensive care equipment. But of these 28K beds, 80% already are occupied currently with non-Corona patients. Leaves around 5600 free beds nation-wide. they have started to delay or cancel non-essential surgical operations.

Two German expert said that summer, opposite to initial hopes, most likely will not have an influence on the virus due to high temperatures killing it. The other said that a vaccine will not be ready for mass production before 2022. He was aware of the work being done and the different strategies followed in American, German and other pharmaceutical labs.

1. Officially it is expected that within the next 2 years 70% of the population will be exposed to and catch up the virus.

2. German health minister expects that up to one quarter of Corona patients older than 70, will die. While 80% of Corona patients younger than 50 are likely developing no symptoms or only a very mild flu.

3. Let' s do some math. Around 17 million people in Germany are age 70 or older. If 70% of these get it in the next two years, that is close to 12 million. If of these, one quarter may die, this would mean: 3 million. I want to hear no more jokes or stupid retarded Trump comments on how harmless it is. Everybody has the duty to contribute his little share to help delaying things so that at any given time as many free beds are available as possible. Germany has almost three times as high a hospital bed saturation for its population than the US, and more capacities than other European countries, again by up to three factors. If they still consider such quotas and death rates, you can start to imagine how it maybe will go in countries with fewer beds.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...piratory-cases

Last edited by Skybird; 03-10-20 at 03:40 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 03:36 PM   #937
Skybird
Soaring

German health minister podcasted that the govenrment expects the preliminary climax in July and August (in Germany).

Federalism and skirmishes for regional administrative authority work against battling the virus. Some places ban public events, others don't and rate tourism interest and financial aspects higher. In some arenas, there will be no audience during football matches. In others there will be audience. Some places are more and others are less restrictive, and party loyalty and ideology play a big role. In egnland and other coutnries, they desinfect public places and public transportation: stations, seats and banks, busses and train waggons.... This is being done nowhere in germany.
Old 03-10-20, 04:29 PM   #938
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

@ Skybird.

Thank you for the information you gave me about the situation in Germany when it comes to sport.

Same here in Denmark..the national ice hockey have decided to postpone the playoffs and even change it.

And the national football team play ghost matches.

In Sweden they have decided to play the national playoffs in ishockey spectators or not.

Beside the woman's wold cup in Ice hockey have been cancelled.

As mentioned many pages back....be prepared there may not be any European football championships(start 13 June ends 13 July)

Now to myself and my family

My mom and I had decided I should pay her a visit in the end of this month.
But she has problem with her heart(they discovered this some month ago) and this Corona is highly contagious.

I could not forgive myself if I infected her as she belongs to those who are in the dangerous group.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 04:36 PM   #939
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
@ Skybird.

Thank you for the information you gave me about the situation in Germany when it comes to sport.
Eh - no , you asked some days ago how fast symptoms show up if you got infected. Back then I had no direct reply, now I gave you the linked article, it says: after 5 days.

The rest of that posting is not specifically linked to you, but a general daily update of the situation today in Germany.

In the West, they now expect a second wave in China, when the quarantine gets eased, people start moving again - and spread the virus again. By far not enough people of their total population already have immunization as if the new spreading would be prevented. This process, until there is a stopping effect from immunization levels, could last for up to two years. Some say maybe even longer.

Compare to MERS: that epidemy has not ended until today.
Old 03-10-20, 04:40 PM   #940
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
My mom and I had decided I should pay her a visit in the end of this month.
But she has problem with her heart(they discovered this some month ago) and this Corona is highly contagious.

I could not forgive myself if I infected her as she belongs to those who are in the dangerous group.
Valid concerns. Stay safe of social life and "isolate yourself" two weeks ahead, if you have not formed any symptoms within 2 weeks after a possible infection, you are unlikely to infect others any longer or form symptoms yourself, even if you carry the virus, it has chnaged by then. That is no certainty, however, but is what probability says.

But in the first five days of a possible infection you possibly will not know that you are infected - while you already can infect others. So five days ahead of your visit you need to stay clean of any risks for catching the infection. That includes the travel you do, of course.
Old 03-10-20, 04:51 PM   #941
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Looks at Zinc again.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-10-20 at 05:05 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 05:43 PM   #942
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Due to the lastest development here in Denmark where more than 100 person had been infected with this Covid-19 since yesterday(total 262)
And the development i Sweden.

I say the time when an infected person start to become contagious towards others is very close to when they was infected by some other.

As mentioned in the article Skybird postet.

It takes five days on average for people to start showing the symptoms of coronavirus, scientists have confirmed.

To clarify it.
I'm talking about two things

1. When the symptoms are showing
and
2. When an infected person start to infect others.

My classified guess is around 36-48 hours after a person have been infected they start to infect others.
Which mean they are contagious for around 72-84 hours before any symptoms are showing on these person.

And as Both Skybird have mentioned and I have read in Swedish and English news paper.
Chinese doctors(scientist) had found active(not the correct word) corona virus on surface where sick people have been...so even here a person can get infected.

This is way all these step our government takes to prevent it from spreading will not help.

That's how I see it.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 05:53 PM   #943
Skybird
Soaring

A recent Ameicna study said that surprringly the virus is able to survive higher temps better than was expected, thats why the germans now conclude as well that summer with temperatures higher thna 30 or 33°C will notr bringb an easing of the surging numbers in new ifnections.

On surfaces last thing I heard was that the virus can survive also surprisingly long, up to 9 days under optimal conditions: cold and moist.

One of the very few things I additionally invested in, was increaisng my reserve in surface cleaner capable to kill virusses.

Note that thes eneed around 30 seocnds to fully unfoild their effectveness on virusses, like ahn d desifnectants (whcih needs to see the ahnds staying wet for 30, even 90 seconds as well, dpeends on the agent and brand you use). A quick swipe and seeing it having dried after two seconds again IS NOT ENOUGH. Thats why they often do not even do it correctly in hospitals - they do not have the time. Room and bed cleaning I mean, not surgeons washing their hands.
Old 03-10-20, 06:28 PM   #944
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

That Italian doctor in the third video stated that they are now seeing an overall increase in the number of younger patients requiring ICU. Not good. He also said the average age of those admitted to ICU there is 65, meaning that half of those in ICU are under 65. This must be a deadlier strain.

UK's junior health minister infected.
Quote:
Nadine Dorries, the UK's junior health minister, has tested positive for coronavirus, UK Department of Health told CNN on Tuesday.

Dorries, who is an MP and health minister for patient safety and suicide prevention, is now in self-isolation and "the usual contract tracing has begun," a spokesperson for the health ministry told CNN.
168 new deaths in Italy on Tuesday. Up from 97 new deaths on Monday.
Quote:
Deaths in Italy from coronavirus have risen sharply in the past 24 hours, with 168 new deaths reported, Angelo Borrelli, head of Italy's Civil protection Agency said on Tuesday.

On Monday, there was an increase of 97 deaths.

The deaths announced today bring the total number of coronavirus deaths in Italy to 631. There are now 10,149 recorded cases of coronavirus in Italy.
https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...hnk/index.html

Last edited by Traveller; 03-10-20 at 08:16 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 08:14 PM   #945
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
If I were an American, I would fume in rage and anger now, feelign willing to go on amok rampage in Washington's government district, and other federal states capitals.

However, its not going that much different over here. Just the excuses given sound a bit different. The quoted "gold standard" the video tlaks of, also is not being reached over here. By far not.

I think the political leadership(s) should completely be arrested and charged for negligent bodily harm and negligent homicide in hundreds of thousands of cases. Over here, they still refuse to implement some of the most obvious, self-recommending measaures - and attack neighbouring states for implementing them.

People may get a small virus. But political leaders have big worms eating holes into their brains since much longer.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan