Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-19, 07:44 AM   #11971
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I will not be voting next week, as you all know I refuse to vote for liar's so no votes for the big three and those green loonies. I can not find any info about this Independent candidate here in what they stands for! Cast a vote for him is like voting for the invisible man! So that seals it for me, just can not vote.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-04-19, 07:51 AM   #11972
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 12-04-19, 07:53 AM   #11973
STEED
Lucky Jack

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-04-19, 08:56 AM   #11974
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 12-04-19, 03:55 PM   #11975
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Why I've chosen not to vote, along with about 18 million other non voters who don't bother either, the 4 popular reasons are below, excluding the lying, thieving, self centred, egomaniac and dishonest one's that is.
1) The one's who can't be bothered to get off there fat ass and vote.

2) They don't know enough about the situation as the political parties are leaving a trail of disinformation in their wake.

3) The too busy working people, the recently incapacitated or hospitalised one's, and anyone else who can't get to a polling booth through unexpected circumstances.

4) A political stronghold where your vote is bloody pointless if its not supporting the correct colour rosette.

Who is going to win I ask myself as the usual winners are the best liars, well that used to be true but that word Brexit keeps rearing its ugly head up. Besides Brexit, all parties need to be wary of upsetting the applecart as one wrong word and it could lose them half a million votes, so this election is going to be won on a game of chance, yep chance, as in its all a game of craps, you read it right, a game of craps (craps = manifesto).
The competing parties make up a huge pile of crap to stir all the gulllible little sheep into voting for them, then the media outlets get involved with huge frontpage headlines to discredit all the other parties piles of crap, claiming our pile of crap is much better than your pile of crap, and there you have it in a nutshell, a game of craps.

That's why those 18 million non voters are so important, forget about the usual voters as they've already made their minds up, but if just 1 or 2 million of these non voters went to a polling booth, well, its going to give someone a real good kick in the pants.

That's not all the voters by the way, we also have to take into account the millennials, the post millennials and the generation z voters who could influence or shame family and friends into voting differently this time. Don't forget the gender fluids, gender neutrals, the selfie generation and if I've missed anyone else just off back to your social media accounts you bunch of freaks.

These people ^ I can't begin to explain what the hell is going on in their heads and they're going to be running the country in the next 20 or thirty years. Christianity is going to be big time by these bozo's as they'll have created selfie gods and gender gods to take its place. Just imagine shouting Pope or Bishop in 20 years time, its going to be death by bleeding selfie stick I can tell you.

After I've wrote all that crap above I still don't know if the Tories can get a majority, and lets be honest here, the Tories have no political friends they can rely on. Of course there are those fruitcakes in Northern Ireland but they recently got thrown under a bus by Boris so I can't see them making the same mistake twice, or will another 1 billion bung change their minds.

Final words, honest.

There's a huge probability that 60 or 80 constituencies will decide this election so any yougov polls or any other polls count for nothing, remember Theresa May 2017, she almost lost her majority with her "Brexit means Brexit" slogan, could Boris do the same with his "Lets get Brexit Done" one, we'll soon find out.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 12-05-19 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Adult language.
Old 12-05-19, 04:53 AM   #11976
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Boris Johnson says he will take the UK out of the EU, present a "tax-cutting" Budget, and deliver on manifesto pledges on crime and health within the first 100 days if he wins the election.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50666262
The latest bribe in this game of political poker.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 12-05-19, 05:37 AM   #11977
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Its gonna be close, labour have been gaining some ground,
Hung paliment is looking more possible now. that or a moderate Tory win.
I dont think there will be any land slides.

SNP will probably lose a little ground. Libdems will probably do badly They taking the fringe 'just cancel brexit' stance was naive to say the least.

Labour were in a very bad postion early on but they have alot of decicated supporters and activists who will get out their and work hard campaiging for them.
Still I doubt most of the country has the apetite for a labour government at the moment, given what they have on the table is alot of stuff no one is really asking for - and not alot of the things they actually want.
Labour is kind of pushing it as: 'well this is what you SHOULD want' which is likley to backfire.

Cons wont do as well as they probably thought they would at the time when Borris called the GE. that said they will have learned there lesson from 2017, where they got complacent and arrogant, and the public rightly punished them for that. As far as Brexit goes, the Tories have the winning ticket. But they are still 'the nasty party' in many people minds. Said people may not be able stomach voting for them even if they agree with half of what they are peddling.

We'll see. The big picture is that this decade has seen Progreesive values start to unravel. And more conservative / nationalist values have been gaining some ground. A bit of a flip not seen in a a long time. Both have there extremists, but most people occupy the big grey area in the middle. There is no escaping the fact the entire west is having an identity crisis though.

Last edited by JU_88; 12-05-19 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-05-19, 05:41 AM   #11978
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Good assessment Francis and one I agree with but at the risk of being overly simplistic, the key factor imho is Corbyn.....can the nation stomach his style of 'politics'?

My belief is a definite NO.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 12-05-19, 06:39 AM   #11979
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Corbyn himself is basically a nice and well intended guy, but naive and weak.
Im more worried about who he surrounds him self with.
I like Corbyn as the opposition leader in some ways, his influence in opposition can be possitive to keep the Blues in check. As a primeminister though, i strongly have doubts.
He is going to put his ideology before practicality and that will likley have a negative outcome. Not something i can accuse Borris of so much, my biggest problem with Borris is that he is just disingenuous. The guy is almost a parody of himself.

The big difference is national values,

When someone like Corbyn looks at the UK historically speaking he basically despises it, he sees it as corrupt, oppressive, unequal, intolerent, classist, tyranical, murderous even.
When soemone Boris looks at the UK historically, he is proud, sees success meritocracy, freedom, tolerence, ingenuity, entrepenural spirit, equal opportunity and a rich herritage

Which of those is correct?, well both and neither obviously, exclusivly each one is just a very cherry picked narrative people will adopt based on their own world view or life experience.

In a crude generalised summary:

Conservatism = Own nation first / rest of the world second.
Progressivism = rest of the world first / Own nation second.

Last edited by JU_88; 12-05-19 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-05-19, 06:42 AM   #11980
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

This mornings junk mail.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 12-05-19, 07:31 AM   #11981
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Well they do love physical diversity,
diversity of ideas - not so much

Last edited by JU_88; 12-05-19 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-05-19, 08:42 AM   #11982
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just in from Joe Cox - Labour Unions

Jimbuna is online  
Old 12-05-19, 09:18 AM   #11983
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Former Labour MP Joan Ryan has excoriated Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, saying he is 'not fit' to lead the party
https://news.sky.com/video/general-e...party-11878761

I agree.

Old 12-05-19, 09:29 AM   #11984
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

There are a great many more in the Parliamentary Labour Party who feel similarly.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 12-05-19, 09:39 AM   #11985
STEED
Lucky Jack

OK we all agree UKIP and the Brexit party are dead in the water, bye bye.

SNP could do well as the signs suggest just how well is up for grabs.

Greens will probably increase their vote percentage but I can not see them gaining a second seat, they may hold on to hippy Brighton.

DUP could suffer but not to sure by losing seats or votes.

PC in Wales seem to be bouncing along the bottom hard to tell if they will win or loose seats.

INP candidates well this lot seem to be picking up a little but no where near to win seats.

My views on the big three will be Wednesday next week.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics