Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-23-19, 03:20 PM   #121
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
No. Believe it or not, but my real second name deals with hellfire. No joke. But since I already got murder threats in real life once, I must not make it known in public here.

Well I just asked because we have a congressman with your penchant for hateful fantasy. Figured you might be related.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 03:35 PM   #122
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Well I just asked because we have a congressman with your penchant for hateful fantasy. Figured you might be related.
I know. I linked to some news about him some time ago. That you do not like him probably says not more than that he maybe just does something right. I assume Little Boy also does not like him, and would also not like me. These days, thats a compliment. I would hate to be liked by him. Or by you.
Old 10-23-19, 04:14 PM   #123
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I know. I linked to some news about him some time ago. That you do not like him probably says not more than that he maybe just does something right. I assume Little Boy also does not like him, and would also not like me. These days, thats a compliment. I would hate to be liked by him. Or by you.

Well we might as well make it 100% no?

Old 10-23-19, 06:02 PM   #124
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Here as well, cut out the personal stuff, stay on topic.
Old 10-23-19, 09:12 PM   #125
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The sooner we pull out if the ME, the better.

Not likely. I think its in our best interests to remain allied with and continue to support the KSA militarily. As well as Sunni Kurds lead by Massoud Barzani from Northern Iraq WHICH incidentally were the ones we were supporting in Syria fighting against Assad. Those poor defenseless and betrayed YPG and PKK shia Kurds still in Syria well, they have pretty much always been aligned with the Syrian Ba'athist regime of Assad. Turkey and the Muslim Brotherhood doesn't like Assad the YPG, or the PKK and would love to oust Assad. Unlike Obama or Trump they appear to want to do something about it. However Russia is doing a good job protecting their Syrian interests. We have done our job basically leveling the countryside and creating instability on a grand scale in Syria. Making it so that those which support Syria cant afford to rebuild it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-24-19 at 06:12 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 01:22 AM   #126
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
(Pure speculation)What do you think will happen when or if Trump sees he's been dragged around by Erdogan or perhaps Putin ? Markus
As usual he will tie a red bow around it all and sell it as a personal 'victory'.
Trump is his own foreign policy crisis.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 10-24-19 at 01:33 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 05:49 PM   #127
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Joe Kent is a retired US Army Special Forces chief warrant officer three, who spent more than 20 years in Special Operations and completed 11 combat deployments. He is also a Gold Star husband; his wife Senior Chief Petty Officer Shannon Kent was killed in 2019 conducting Special Operations against ISIS in Syria.

Quote:
After Donald Trump announced the withdrawal of US troops from northeastern Syria, pundits, politicians, foreign policy experts and fearless keyboard warriors expressed vociferous disapproval and attempted to portray this issue as a simple binary choice.

The President's detractors on both sides of the aisle are frantically arguing that we have "abandoned" the Kurds and that without a permanent US presence in Syria ISIS will return.

These emotional arguments ignore reality on several key issues. First and foremost: the nature of our relationship with the Syrian Kurds. The US partnered with the Syrian Kurds to defeat ISIS's territorial caliphate; the US air power controlled by skilled Special Operations Forces (SOF) saved the Kurds from being slaughtered by ISIS.

The Kurds valiantly fought against ISIS not because we showed up and convinced them to, but because they had their backs to the wall and we saved them. Our interests intersected.

We have absolutely nothing to gain and don't need anything from the wastelands of northeast Syria. This is not a strategically important location to the most powerful nation in the world.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/24/opini...ent/index.html
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 06:51 PM   #128
Skybird
Soaring

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...islamic-state/
Old 10-24-19, 08:12 PM   #129
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Well, we are supposed to be keeping 200 special forces in the eastern part of Syria now, mainly to keep ISIS under control plus protect the oil fields there. Now word is out that we will heavily reinforce them with some armor too.

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 08:15 PM   #130
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Joe Kent is a retired US Army Special Forces chief warrant officer three, who spent more than 20 years in Special Operations and completed 11 combat deployments. He is also a Gold Star husband; his wife Senior Chief Petty Officer Shannon Kent was killed in 2019 conducting Special Operations against ISIS in Syria.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/24/opini...ent/index.html

Sounds pretty similar to what Tulsi Gabbard has been saying. Does that mean he is a Russian asset as well?

Old 10-25-19, 06:26 AM   #131
Skybird
Soaring

It seems somebody tries to talk some changing of minds into the WH leadership. German media report, refering to American news sources, that the Pentagon mulls 30 M-1 tanks and supporting combat troops being send back into Syria' east. Not the first time the little boy is uturning and zig-zaging like a drunk. But Lil' Boy's choice of words still refers to the oil fields there as "our oil".

In the end it all may have been a conspiracy between Erdoghan and the WH to displace the Kurds from an economic basis of theirs.

Edit. Eddie beat me to it.
Old 10-25-19, 10:14 AM   #132
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Sky! It just means that President Trump is listening to his advisors ... Give him some credit as the head of the greatest free country in the world, except for England of course and I'm not too sure about them.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 10:27 AM   #133
Skybird
Soaring

Giving credit for intentionally, mindlessly smashing the porcellaine, and afterwards saying Sorry! and investing into a small tube of glue - and claiming the few pieces left intact as "our porcellaine"?

That porcellaine was saved "from Syria". "From Iran". "From the IS". So they say. And the Kurds are put on the run, for them it cannot have been saved then, obviously. So I ask for whom has it been "saved" then? Turkey...? Russia...???
Old 10-25-19, 10:45 AM   #134
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Not too sure about the history of the Kurds, Turkey and Syria about how long they have been friends are enemies, but when the USA was in a war between North Vietnam and South Vietnam there had only been 100 years of peace in that area in it's entire history.

Let them duke it out without us
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 11:18 AM   #135
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Yesterday I suddenly remembered a documentary on Danish tv.
This documentary was send some years after first Iraq war and it was about the Kurds in Northern Iraq.

Those Kurds helped USA and it's allied and after Bush had declared war is over-those Kurds was left behind.

My memory could have fooled me.

If not, then why does USA do this to some of their allied ?

I know after the second Iraq war, their situation improved.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote