SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-09-09, 08:33 AM   #1006
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0

I'm sure it was my download manager. I was able to download without it.

My mirror of LWAMI 3.09 is:

http://www.subguru.com/DW_missions/L..._Installer.rar

Old 02-09-09, 09:20 AM   #1007
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99

Thanks for that.
Old 02-09-09, 11:07 AM   #1008
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

Reinstalled DW last night, getting LwAmi all set up now. Thanks for all the work you guys have done

Edit: So I've got LwAmi 3.09 installed into a clean install of DW 1.04, and none of the new objects/countries show up. Did I goof up, or are they not supposed to be listed in the USNI reference?

Last edited by Weiss Pinguin; 02-09-09 at 01:50 PM.
Weiss Pinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 02:03 PM   #1009
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220

Neat Excel presentation of the sonar profiles by progressive frequencies.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 03:08 PM   #1010
MR. Wood
Planesman

Downloads: 170
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiß Pinguin
Reinstalled DW last night, getting LwAmi all set up now. Thanks for all the work you guys have done

Edit: So I've got LwAmi 3.09 installed into a clean install of DW 1.04, and none of the new objects/countries show up. Did I goof up, or are they not supposed to be listed in the USNI reference?

I've got the same problem
MR. Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 03:30 PM   #1011
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

Checked up on it for my version. Same issue. The new countries and units are missing from the USNI reference. The models and countries do show up in the mission editor.
Old 02-09-09, 03:40 PM   #1012
MR. Wood
Planesman

Downloads: 170

Quote:Checked up on it for my version. Same issue. The new countries and units are missing from the USNI reference. The models and countries do show up in the mission editor.Quote:

Thats the same here it's there just not in the usni reference
MR. Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 04:04 PM   #1013
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

I haven't done the actual import but as far as I understand the DW mechanics everything that is visible in the USNI has to be seperately added to the appropriate files (USNIData.* + some other file I think). If the pics/textfile isnt in there then it wont be in the USNI Db.

However as noted above the entities are in the game database and therefore useable in the mission editor ... you just cant look at em in the USNI Db.

If someone knows how the reference system works (USNI <-> GameDb) he could add the missing stuff to the USNI. Once thats done its quite easy to package it for distribution and add it as add-on mod for LwAmi (which could be made JSGME compatible).
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 04:55 PM   #1014
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nichols
I'm sure it was my download manager. I was able to download without it.

My mirror of LWAMI 3.09 is:

http://www.subguru.com/DW_missions/L..._Installer.rar

Thanks, Bill!
Old 02-09-09, 04:57 PM   #1015
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot
I haven't done the actual import but as far as I understand the DW mechanics everything that is visible in the USNI has to be seperately added to the appropriate files (USNIData.* + some other file I think). If the pics/textfile isnt in there then it wont be in the USNI Db.

However as noted above the entities are in the game database and therefore useable in the mission editor ... you just cant look at em in the USNI Db.

If someone knows how the reference system works (USNI <-> GameDb) he could add the missing stuff to the USNI. Once thats done its quite easy to package it for distribution and add it as add-on mod for LwAmi (which could be made JSGME compatible).
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought that SCS told us we couldn't mess with the USNI references. If we're allowed to, great, it would be nice to have info like TPK available right away for people... but that's also what I made the new sonar profiles doc for. =)
Old 02-09-09, 05:22 PM   #1016
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

Quote:
...SCS told us we couldn't mess with the USNI references. If we're allowed to, great...
I would guess that as they don't seem to have an issue with the RA and Alfa Tau mods, modification of the USNI database is, if not allowed, at least tolerated.
Tarrasque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 12:44 AM   #1017
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

As far as I remember we can mess with the USNI Db but we have to clearly mark extraneous stuff. Unfortunatly I dont have any references for this statement handy.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 01:37 PM   #1018
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:

Done... for the most part, I've completed entries for all the new subs and all the new warships (The support stuff I haven't bothered with yet). I have only added a few photos so far since I'm only going to use photos from government sources (US Navy, UK MOD etc) since they tend to have no copyright issue. As per SCS's request all of my entries have a note at the bottom indicating the source for the data.
To install simply unzip this file in to your DW Graphics folder and run the included .bat.

http://www.commanders-academy.com/tl...%20Entries.zip

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 02:04 PM   #1019
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

Just a quick request. Could we get the armed oil rigs (Oil Rig Light and Oil Rig Heavy) from the Sakura mod also put in ? I liked to use those in Persian Gulf missions. I'd do it myself if I knew how, but I'd really like to see these put in.
Old 02-12-09, 02:26 PM   #1020
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike
Quote:

Done... for the most part, I've completed entries for all the new subs and all the new warships (The support stuff I haven't bothered with yet). I have only added a few photos so far since I'm only going to use photos from government sources (US Navy, UK MOD etc) since they tend to have no copyright issue. As per SCS's request all of my entries have a note at the bottom indicating the source for the data.
To install simply unzip this file in to your DW Graphics folder and run the included .bat.

http://www.commanders-academy.com/tl...%20Entries.zip
Thanks, TLAM!