SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-07, 11:00 AM   #1
Beery
Admiral

Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA (but still a Yorkshireman at heart - tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman...)
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] Real Fleet Boat mod kicks off

Latest version: 1.12
http://www.beerymod.com/SH4/RFB112.7z

RFB 1.12 discussion thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=110993

Rather than release tons of little mods I've decided to release the first Real Fleet Boat mod (I can't remember who suggested the name first, but it's a good name I reckon) now.

This first version is really just a way for me to get started. All it contains is GunMod's new sun graphic, the removed intro movies and a realism settings config file so that 'realistic' (minus the restricted camera view) is the default setting for the game. All of the settings and files first appeared in SH3 and their authors are listed in the readme file.

The sun graphic is the same one that was in RUb. It turns the game's sun from this:

...to this:

I'm not advertising it on the main SH4 forum because it's really not what I'd call a proper mod. It's currently called RFB0.01 - I reckon it needs a bunch more files before I can call it RFB 1.0

Anyway, the download can be found at the top of this message. The latest version is also up there.

Here's the part of the readme that details the additions to the game:

Version 0.01:
070326: Removed Ubisoft logo movie. Mod by 9th Flotilla (Data\Movies\Intro\Logo.wmv).
070326: Removed intro movie. Mod by Beery (Data\Movies\Intro\Intro.wmv).
070327: Adjusted realism settings to make 'Realistic' the default game setting and to remove the penalty for using the outside camera view. Mod by Beery (Data\Cfg\GameplaySettings.cfg).
070327: Added realistic sun graphic. Mod by GunMod (Data\Textures\TNormal\tex\sun_b.tga).
----------------------------
Version 0.02:
070327: Added part of Realistic Plotting mod from RUb. Original mod by GouldJG with additional content by Observer (Data\Cfg\Contacts.cfg).
070327: Added Greenlamp mod. Mod by Jimimadrid (Data\Menu\Gui\Layout\HUD.dds, HUD.tga, HUD_AdversarialMode.tga, ReplayElements.dds, ReplayElements.tga).
070327: Added Realistic Battery Life mod. Mod by CCIP (Data\Submarine\NSS_Tambor\NSS_Tambor.sim, Data\Submarine\NSS_Sargo\NSS_Sargo.sim, Data\Submarine\NSS_Salmon\NSS_Salmon.sim, Data\Submarine\NSS_Porpoise\NSS_Porpoise.sim, Data\Submarine\NSS_Gato\NSS_Gato.sim, Data\Submarine\NSS_Balao\NSS_Balao.sim).
070328: Added Crush Depths mod. Mod by CCIP (Data\Submarine\NSS_Tambor\NSS_Tambor.cfg, NSS_Tambor.zon, Data\Submarine\NSS_Sargo\NSS_Sargo.cfg, NSS_Sargo.zon, Data\Submarine\NSS_Salmon\NSS_Salmon.cfg, NSS_Salmon.zon, Data\Submarine\NSS_Porpoise\NSS_Porpoise.cfg, NSS_Porpoise.zon, Data\Submarine\NSS_Gato\NSS_Gato.cfg, NSS_Gato.zon, Data\Submarine\NSS_Balao\NSS_Balao.cfg, NSS_Balao.zon, Data\Submarine\NSS_s18\NSS_s18.cfg, NSS_s18.zon).
070328: Added 'RealisticShipSinkingTime=true' to gameplay settings. Mod by Galanti (Data\Cfg\GameplaySettings.cfg).
070328: Added realistic moon graphic. Mod by Ailantd & Beery (Data\Textures\TNormal\tex\Moon.dds, moon_hallo.dds).
----------------------------
Version 0.03
070328: Removed orange U-boat position marker. Mod by Beery (data\Misc\UMark.dds).
070329: Added mod name and version number to loading screen. Mod by Beery (data\Menu\Loading\Intro_logo_bkg.dds).
070329: Added 16 new campaign start dates to complement the game's video briefings. Mod by Beery (Data\UPCData\UPCCampaignData\CareerStart.upc, CareerVideoBriefings.upc).

"Anyrooad up, ah'll si thi"
- Missen.

Last edited by Gizzmoe; 04-07-07 at 10:08 AM.