SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-08-13, 12:50 AM   #1
GoodGravy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Modded SH4 User Interface. Thoughts?

So I'm fairly new to SH4, but I'm already growing restless with the stock version (Vanilla) of the game. It took me about a week of tinkering, but I'm finally breaking into the various modified SH4 versions available for 1.5. (I purchased SH4 through Steam... big headache..) I've experimented with both Real Fleet Boat (RFB) and Trigger Maru Overhaul (TMO), and they're both great. TMO impressed me especially. I find the appearance of the interface pleasing and cool at the same time. I dont know if its a bit of the computer-language embedded within the mod, or me finally getting the TDC procedure right, but I was able to get my torpedos to go exactly where I wanted them to go. It was the first warship I had sunk without having to send a 4-fish salvo in its general direction, and it felt damn good. Needless to say, I will be dabbling in TMO for the forseeable future.

BUT... BUT... BUT....

I have a complaint... And it's not even that big of a deal, but I'm trying to find the right combonation of mods so that SH4 will be the most fun, challenging, and user-friendly.

SO...

Am I the only one who doesn't like how big the interface is? I have my speed/depth/compass dials all-up-in my recognition manual, and I can't be havin' that... no sir! So I figure they must have 100's of mods for that kinda fix, right? Seems like it'd be easy? No. That's not the case. There are some, but not many. Oh and none of them are compadible with RFB or TMO. Well, I should say, "that I've come across."

Any thoughts?
Old 10-08-13, 01:33 AM   #2
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

You should stop in at the SH4 section. There's a good chance someone will be able to answer your questions.

P.S. Try hitting the numpad ". / Del" key, that should hide the dials at the screen bottom.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 05:46 AM   #3
Valentino
Weps

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Welcome GoodGravy
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 05:54 AM   #4
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
You should stop in at the SH4 section. There's a good chance someone will be able to answer your questions.

P.S. Try hitting the numpad ". / Del" key, that should hide the dials at the screen bottom.
Oh I think they already know that

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 06:46 AM   #5
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post

You can also lock/unlock the entire panel at the....bottom right? I think it is...

I don't know about UI mods...but my favorite mod setup is TMO, RSRDC, and Traveller's Mod pack.

Tags
stevie goodgravy