Closed Thread

Old 02-15-20, 11:59 AM   #8641
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Well that's where you and I differ. Sending in the military to oppress the people has been tried before at a place called Concord Bridge. If the US government ever adopts your view lets hope they get the same respose as the British did.

Sure, but you characterize it as "Sending in the military to oppress the people", it really isn't that.
Washington & co. weren't drug dealing murdering gang-bangers.
Old 02-15-20, 12:07 PM   #8642
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post

But not everyone who lives in those areas are like that, yet these policies do not distinguish between them and that is the problem.

Every freedom and liberty that we have can and has been abused at some point. If that is all the government needs to take them away from everyone then we have no liberty at all and the Bill of Rights is meaningless. I don't want anyone with that attitude anywhere near the reigns of power, especially POTUS.
Old 02-15-20, 02:00 PM   #8643
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
But not everyone who lives in those areas are like that, yet these policies do not distinguish between them and that is the problem.

Every freedom and liberty that we have can and has been abused at some point. If that is all the government needs to take them away from everyone then we have no liberty at all and the Bill of Rights is meaningless. I don't want anyone with that attitude anywhere near the reigns of power, especially POTUS.
I'm sure the officers try to distinguish.

Well, so we allow crime to continue, people die, criminals have no fear of unexpected arrest, and eventually the state will be bought out by the ever-increasing power of the criminal organizations. Great, we'll be just like Mexico.

It may be moot regarding Bloomberg
Bloomberg reportedly considering Hillary Clinton as his running mate

Quote:
Bloomberg’s internal polling has found the combo “would be a formidable force,” campaign sources told the Drudge Report Saturday.
Old 02-15-20, 02:06 PM   #8644
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Sure, but you characterize it as "Sending in the military to oppress the people", it really isn't that.
No but they grew Hemp, made whiskey, then revolted against GB.
From some perspectives I'd say they were the Gang Bangers of their day.
History depicts the Winners as justified because they won.
The Winners get to write that history. Not the losers.
Old 02-15-20, 04:09 PM   #8645
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I'm sure the officers try to distinguish.

Well, so we allow crime to continue, people die, criminals have no fear of unexpected arrest, and eventually the state will be bought out by the ever-increasing power of the criminal organizations. Great, we'll be just like Mexico.

I didn't say don't police a community just don't treat everyone like they are guilty. I don't trust a cops ability or desire to distinguish innocent from guilty unless he is forced to get it right. This is the exact opposite and it caused harm to a lot more innocent people than it captured criminals.

If you're serious about cleaning up a community then put a cop or five on every street corner. Flood the area with uniforms and patrol cars and keep them there until the criminals are all dead, in jail or driven off but don't just piss on everyone and hope some of the drops will hit those that deserve it.

Yeah that blew my mind. Hard for me to believe he's serious about winning if he's going to consider her.
Old 02-15-20, 04:52 PM   #8646
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Maybe this is what our children and their children will face in a futuristic justice

You are guilty until proven otherwise

Markus
Old 02-15-20, 05:04 PM   #8647
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

I got news for you Buddy!
Now days? Your are Guilty unless you prove you are innocent!
Old 02-15-20, 05:57 PM   #8648
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

It still requires the DA's office to build a case against you.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-16-20, 12:00 AM   #8649
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
It still requires the DA's office to build a case against you.
Explain that to Kevin Browns widow.
https://www.10news.com/news/local-ne...rded-6-million
Old 02-16-20, 08:36 AM   #8650
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
I'm totally in favor of broken windows policies and stop and frisk. When crime in an area becomes epidemic like Baltimore or Chicago, I think the Army should be sent in for a weapons sweep. A lot of the killing and crimes are committed by people who have outstanding warrants for crimes, we need to get the weapons out of their hands. Studies have shown that stop and frisk had no effect on crime or robbery rates--of course studies show that, they always turn logic on its head, that's part of the fun of "studies". So we won't have a return of S&F in any case. Coupled with reducing sentences, decriminalizing drug offenses, and prison reforms, crime will continue to rise until we are back in the 70s and people have had enough.

I'm not PC, I don't think Bloomberg is "racist" for stating the obvious. In our society "you're racist" is the instant shut up response. I don't care about color, all I see are people who obey the law and those who break the law and distress the rest of us. People that think Bloomberg advocated going after minorities in high crime areas for reasons other than getting bad people off the streets are racist. People should keep in mind that most of the people killed by minority criminals are themselves minorities.

I'm not panicked about the gun grabbing of Bloomberg at all. He may be successful in universal background checks, which I am in favor of, and possibly passing a new high capacity magazine/assault weapon ban, which I don't like but could live with. But his power as President to repeal the 2nd Amendment would be limited and no more successful than Obama.

Bloomberg does not fit my "perfect candidate" profile but he is a lot better than Bernie or Warren, and I would vote for him over the goofy clown we have in office now. Any day.
Baltimore's problem is a police force that has 1000 vacant police positions. The reason for that is non-support by the mayor's office. The FOP will not work with a partner looking to burn them for their own political gain. Et al Freddy Gray. Not to mention the corruption at city hall for the past five years. Enter Kathy Pugh who lined her pockets while mayor. She will do jail time. Hell, they can't even resolve the squeegee kid issue. Who in their right mind would want to join the police force in a city that is in shambles from the top down? As a result of zero staff the locals run the place and do what they want without a care. Baltimore PD can stop and frisk all day. Doing so will do nothing. For giggles the leadership of Baltimore advised they are looking at Chicago's methods of handling the gun violence. Really?
Old 02-16-20, 08:40 AM   #8651
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
The military was sent into Baltimore during the riots. It helped. Frankly, it may be the one best option right now for a understaffed PD in Baltimore.
Old 02-16-20, 10:46 AM   #8652
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Baltimore's problem is a police force that has 1000 vacant police positions. The reason for that is non-support by the mayor's office. The FOP will not work with a partner looking to burn them for their own political gain. Et al Freddy Gray. Not to mention the corruption at city hall for the past five years. Enter Kathy Pugh who lined her pockets while mayor. She will do jail time. Hell, they can't even resolve the squeegee kid issue. Who in their right mind would want to join the police force in a city that is in shambles from the top down? As a result of zero staff the locals run the place and do what they want without a care. Baltimore PD can stop and frisk all day. Doing so will do nothing. For giggles the leadership of Baltimore advised they are looking at Chicago's methods of handling the gun violence. Really?

Yeah, Baltimore's city leadership is so screwed up. Typical for big city liberal govt. It always ends that way and 50% of the country want to replicate that pattern nation-wide.

Quote:
I didn't say don't police a community just don't treat everyone like they are guilty. I don't trust a cops ability or desire to distinguish innocent from guilty unless he is forced to get it right. This is the exact opposite and it caused harm to a lot more innocent people than it captured criminals.

If you're serious about cleaning up a community then put a cop or five on every street corner. Flood the area with uniforms and patrol cars and keep them there until the criminals are all dead, in jail or driven off but don't just piss on everyone and hope some of the drops will hit those that deserve it.

Yeah that blew my mind. Hard for me to believe he's serious about winning if he's going to consider her.
It's looking more like fake news from Drudge report to kneecap Bloomberg's campaign. One of those "source inside the campaign" reports, which probably means fabricated. If Bloomberg does even look her way, I'm done.

Ok, I'll go along with you on stop and frisk, to a point; I still prefer it as an option when the police and detectives observe "usual suspects" in public, they should be able to stop-question-frisk. I'm sure the cops know who the problem childs are. As long as they are not prohibited from stop-frisk, it will be a deterrent to criminals carrying weapons without concern.

Ain't you ever watched the Wire or Sons of Anarchy? LE could have shut down their whole operation with stop-frisk. The cops know who the players are, and if they are frisked and weapons are found, send em to the pen for 10 years and problem solved. Anti-gun activists are always crying about how bad guns are, at least drop the hammer on criminals if they are found with them.
Old 02-16-20, 02:11 PM   #8653
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

It might not have been fake news, but just a seed thought to see what people think ... they have a lot of disgruntled democrats left over from 2016 that hate President Trump.

So if she did sign on before the nomination was won it would be one of the earliest VP candidates announced in my memory bank.

It's not Hillary Clinton that I am worried about, but it is President Barrack Obama's move to the east coast into a really nice home too. Closer to Washington perhaps?

What if he's thinking Secretary of State.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-est...acation-photos

Obamas buy $11.75M Martha's Vineyard vacation home

Quote:
The 29-acre waterfront property sits on a pond that’s separated from the Atlantic Ocean by a narrow sandy barrier beach.

The 6,892-square-foot home includes seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-16-20, 03:46 PM   #8654
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

He doesn't seem concerned about his carbon footprint, does he?
Old 02-16-20, 04:31 PM   #8655
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
He doesn't seem concerned about his carbon footprint, does he?

Apparently he doesn't believe in climate change causing any coastal flooding either.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter