SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-20, 05:21 AM   #4456
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

North Korea says it has locked down the city of Kaesong near the border with South Korea over fears that a defector who returned to the North last week was infected with the coronavirus

Australia has experienced its deadliest day of the pandemic so far, with 10 deaths reported on Sunday and a rising number of infections. In the state of Victoria - the epicentre of the current outbreak - 459 new cases were reported on Sunday, up from 357 on Saturday. About a dozen more were recorded elsewhere in the country. The national death toll now stands at 155 with about 14,000 cases.

The mayor of Rio de Janeiro has cancelled the city's famous New Year's Eve celebration because of the pandemic. Marcelo Crivella said he was considering alternative ways of welcoming 2021. Brazil is one of the world's worst-affected countries with more than 2.3 million infections and 86,000 deaths.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 09:28 AM   #4457
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
North Korea has reported what it describes as its first suspected case - a defector who returned from South Korea last week.
Quote:
North Korea says it has locked down the city of Kaesong near the border with South Korea over fears that a defector who returned to the North last week was infected with the coronavirus
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 01:25 PM   #4458
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-27-20, 04:00 AM   #4459
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

I have never been tested but I have been in self isolation now for a few months.
Not long ago I got a cough, I treated it myself like I always do and after a time it went, but since then I have had loss of energy, breathless, insomnia and the odd headache.

I was reading this could be what they call (Post Viral Fatigue) the symptoms of the after effect of CV-19.
They list: Headaches, Nausia, Diarrhoea, Breathelssness, Metallic taste in the mouth, loss of smell, Burning in the mouth, Cramp, Violent shaking episodes, Vertigo and a few more.

I wake in the morning and most times I have a headache, at first I thought my pillow was too high, tried different things but still get them.
I don't have the enthusiasm to do even the smallest of jobs, if I do a job I get out of breath very quick and need to sit down and rest.

I have had coughs before but never felt like this after they have gone, I'm still in isolation, like I sad above I haven't been out in months, I'm in my own lockdown, I get my groceries delivered via monthly online shopping.
I'm 72 by the way and have an irregular heartbeat, so on daily tablets for that.

Keep reading things where people saying it is all a big hoax, there is no virus etc, it's all a government plot and so on.
You may ask if I have been in lockdown then how did I get it, well not sure but I have been in the front garden to cut the grass, spoke the the guy next door over the fence, it might have been in the air, I don't know.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 04:18 AM   #4460
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-27-20, 04:23 AM   #4461
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases reaches more than 16 million - up by a million in just four days.

Hong Kong has reported 145 new cases, setting a new daily record - hours after announcing its toughest measures yet.

A doctor who diagnosed early infections in China says local officials covered up the scale of the initial outbreak.

Clusters in China lead to 61 new cases recorded on Monday - the highest daily figure since April.

Australia also records its biggest daily spike, with more than 530 new cases in Victoria state.

Vietnam has closed the city of Da Nang to tourists after four new locally transmitted coronavirus were recorded - the country's first since April.

Spain insists it is a safe for tourists after the UK ordered people coming from the country to quarantine.

Old 07-27-20, 05:42 AM   #4462
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Nina Böhmer in conversation. Nurse doesn't want applause: "I get burned up every day"

Quote:
She received applause from the Corona crisis. Nevertheless, nurse Nina Böhmer got angry at the very moment: at Jens Spahn, the RKI and somehow also at the applauding. Why and what she wants instead of clapping.

She says of herself that she is a "calm and shy person". In order to "make me angry, it takes a lot," laughs Nina Böhmer on the phone. But a lot had accumulated for her outburst of anger in March. The nurse actually wanted to fly to her boyfriend in England. The flight was canceled. She had worked six early shifts in a row, was slightly chipped, stressed by the long hours. Böhmer works through a temporary employment agency for various Berlin hospitals in cardiology, surgery, internal medicine or sometimes in disabled facilities.

"Actually, all nurses should quit their jobs right now!" She was very sad and disappointed because there were not enough protective clothing. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) also recommended that the quarantine rules be relaxed for medical personnel. Continued work after contact with a Covid 19 patient. Finally, the minimum staff levels that have been fought for a long time are simply suspended.

She let out her anger. "You can put your clapping anywhere else," Böhmer writes. "I'm sorry to say it that way, but if you want to help or show how much we are worth, help us fight for better conditions!" Before she went to bed, 23 people shared her post. Nothing against what should come. 85,000 passed on their cry of rage.

Now the cry of rage has turned into a book. The applause was a nice touch. But Nina Böhmer had not found her to be sincere.

FOCUS Online: You have felt the gesture of clapping as not sincere. Why?

Nina Böhmer: As everyone said, it should express solidarity. But clapping only freed people from their fear. It didn't do us much good.

FOCUS Online: What do you want instead?

Böhmer: One could sign petitions, of which there are many online. People could choose parties that are more social. Or if the next pandemic comes, don't go to hospitals to steal masks and disinfectants. That would be in solidarity.

FOCUS Online: Yes, extreme situations have arisen. It was similar with the immense workload. They also tell you that you felt burned. How much still?

Böhmer: I feel heated up all the time, every day anew. We have so much stress because there is an extreme shortage of staff and documentation costs a lot of time. I miss this time for the patients. In addition, it is still the case that we only have one mask per shift. It constantly says that there are masks for everyone. I don't experience it that way.

FOCUS Online: So how well do you feel protected when you go to the hospital every day?

Böhmer: Disinfectant is back, which of course is good. This is important because I have to disinfect my hands after every patient. Since masks are still missing, I feel little protected. Especially when I go into a room with a highly infectious patient who has a hospital germ.

FOCUS Online: How present is the fear of corona during your shift?

Böhmer: My fear of Corona is actually not that big. Because there are still separate corona stations. I also worked there for a short time, but otherwise I have no contact with Covid 19 patients, only with patients suspected of having corona, who was never confirmed.

FOCUS Online: Lack of time is another point that you address in your book. Is there a service where you can care for all patients the way you want?

Böhmer: Actually never. I often have to choke off conversations with patients because I have to keep going. I rush from one room to the next. I am most likely to have time in the disabled facilities, where the personnel key is sometimes better.

FOCUS Online: If you say that you have too little time for the patient. What exactly is neglected?

Böhmer: For example, personal hygiene. I would like to have more time - also to guide people to do things themselves. This gives you what you can do and supports you. Or that you don't have to keep someone sitting on the toilet unnecessarily long because you're busy somewhere else. Or that I don't have to hurry when I hand over food. Lots of small things ...

FOCUS Online: ... which would do the individual patient very well.

Böhmer: Exactly. In particular, conversations are neglected. Because many have a great need for speech, which I unfortunately cannot serve.

FOCUS Online: What would have to happen now, so that your cry of anger does not simply fade away?

Böhmer: At the moment, I have the feeling that the media are looking at the topic, but less the politics. It must finally become active. There is a maintenance bonus, but it does not change the whole system. Of course, he shows a bit of gratitude for the fact that so much work was done in the Corona crisis. Nevertheless, such a bonus, which only nurses in old people's homes receive, is not a long-term benefit. Nothing has changed in our stressful everyday work.

FOCUS Online: What do you want from Health Minister Spahn?

Böhmer: First of all, he should ensure that the clinics can hire more staff. And ultimately, the healthcare system needs to be reformed. It shouldn't be based on profit, but on humanity. Instead of buying 45 fighter jets, politicians should invest the money in healthcare.

FOCUS Online: Money is also an issue for every single nurse, every single nurse. They said, for example, that IT is about life and death for them every day and that their salary is too low. How much should be added?

Böhmer: I don't have a fixed sum in mind. The salary is not that important either. But if you see it in comparison with employees in the auto industry or in some office jobs that earn more, it is of course unfair.

FOCUS Online: The trigger of your outburst of anger was also the Robert Koch Institute or the relaxation of the quarantine regulation for medical personnel.

Böhmer: Yes, I didn't understand that at all. What distinguishes us from the others? The RKI says on the one hand that the virus is dangerous and highly infectious. On the other hand, we shouldn't be quarantined the usual two weeks. There was also a lack of masks for our protection. I didn't think that was okay. Her crisis management was by no means commendable. There was chaos. You should have looked more closely at other countries earlier. In addition, warnings of such situations have generally been given for some time. You could have been better prepared.

FOCUS Online: Despite all the things that have made you angry, it is still your dream job. Why do you love him so much?

Böhmer: I just enjoy working with people. I mostly get positive feedback and above all gratitude. This is so beautiful! For me it's not just a job, it's a calling. Most recently I had a patient who fell at home. She had broken her arm. The transfer to the next shift stated that she was self-employed. Nevertheless, I then helped her wash and made the bed nice. She was so happy about it. For this gratitude, I like to do my work every day.
Nina Böhmer, born in 1992, was born and raised in Brandenburg. After school, she graduated as a state-recognized social assistant, then works for a nursing service and began her training as a nurse in 2012. Since then she has been working in Berlin hospitals. As a child, Nina Böhmer already knew that she wanted to do a job that would help people. Today she wants nothing more than that the state is more committed to the health system and her profession. She became known to a wider public through her anger message "Euren Applaus könnt ihr euch sonst wohin stecken", which she posted on March 23, 2020 on Facebook.
Old 07-27-20, 01:48 PM   #4463
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-27-20, 01:54 PM   #4464
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Isn't vitamin D in milk and in the healthy sunshine?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 02:36 PM   #4465
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

On the doors to our doctors, shops and similar, there's a not saying

If you have covid-19 symptoms then do not enter.

Said to the owner of the local grill near the harbour.

" You know, there are those who have the health, not ANY symptoms, like sore throat, coughing, headache and other covid-19 symptoms, but they are nevertheless infected and are contagious.

Am I mad at them ? NO!
Why would a person who are full fresh, think about taking the test.
The message is clear-if you have symptoms then take the test.

So this message you and others have on your doors is somehow wrong."

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 03:12 PM   #4466
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Isn't vitamin D in milk and in the healthy sunshine?
Doses.
Old 07-27-20, 03:18 PM   #4467
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
On the doors to our doctors, shops and similar, there's a not saying

If you have covid-19 symptoms then do not enter.

Said to the owner of the local grill near the harbour.

" You know, there are those who have the health, not ANY symptoms, like sore throat, coughing, headache and other covid-19 symptoms, but they are nevertheless infected and are contagious.

Am I mad at them ? NO!
Why would a person who are full fresh, think about taking the test.
The message is clear-if you have symptoms then take the test.

So this message you and others have on your doors is somehow wrong."

Markus
With 80% being asymptomatic (nevertheless a significant part of these get hit by post-Covid-syndrome), and with incubation times being what they are, it is important that not only those with symptoms test. Ev erybody meeting people should test - repeatedly, frequently. The higher the social contact count and/or the lower the social distancing practiced, the more important it is.

10% of infected people infect the next patient generation's 80% of imminent cases. Only the remaining 20% of that following patient generation get infected by the other earlier generation'S 90%. Identifying super spreaders as early as humanely possible, is of utmost priority.
Old 07-27-20, 03:26 PM   #4468
Skybird
Soaring

Exactly half a year ago, the first German Covid-19 patient in Germany became known, and identified. He described recently hpow it was for him. He was held in quarantine for 19 days.

Since April his blood shows no antibodies against Covid 19 anymore, he reports in an interview marking the "half year jubilee".

Not good.
Old 07-27-20, 03:30 PM   #4469
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Exactly half a year ago, the first German Covid-19 patient in Germany became known, and identified. He described recently hpow it was for him. He was held in quarantine for 19 days.

Since April his blood shows no antibodies against Covid 19 anymore, he reports in an interview marking the "half year jubilee".

Not good.
This is why I'm convinced this vaccine will come as a pill.
Where we have to take 1 pill per week or 1 pill every 14 days and not a one shot from a syrringer.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 04:28 AM   #4470
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The German foreign ministry advises against unnecessary travel to Catalonia, Navarra and Aragon "due to high infection numbers"

Belgium tightens social restrictions to try to avert fresh lockdown.

Spain’s Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez says the UK’s 14-day quarantine is "unjust" and tourists would be safer from coronavirus in most Spanish regions than in the UK

A lack of translated coronavirus guidance is jeopardising the safety of non-English speakers in the UK, a joint letter to the health secretary claims.

US Republicans propose spending an additional $1tn (£776bn) to address the economic damage caused by the pandemic.

Emirates becomes the first airline to offer free Covid-19 insurance as it tries to get people flying again.

Worldwide, more than 16m cases have been recorded so far, with about 650,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University in the US

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan