Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-24-20, 05:14 PM   #3691
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Here's another very interesting thing.

None, as in zero who have died from this Corona virus in Sweden and Denmark have been undergoing an autopsy

A Female who examine dead people(forgot what they are called) said on Swedish tv.
From memory
This is exceptional we used to get people who have died from some kind of virus, to see what it have done to the body.
An autopsy tells us a lot more than a few ml blood sample.
Then something about special section, where they can conduct autopsy on bodies who have got some deadly contagious infection.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 05:38 PM   #3692
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
One careless sneeze in the kitchen, one guest sneezing carelessly, can ruin the whole wonderful buffet.

I believe the phrase "all you can eat buffet" might be going the way of the dinosaurs. I for one don't plan to share tongs with anyone ever again.
Old 05-24-20, 07:15 PM   #3693
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Oh but we all need to stay shut in so we can be safe!

Quote:
‘A Year’s Worth of Suicide Attempts in the Last Four Weeks’: California Doctor Calls for End to Lockdown

The doctor in charge of a Bay Area, Calif. trauma center said the state should end its lockdown orders after an “unprecedented” spike in suicide attempts amid the coronavirus pandemic.
“We’ve never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time,” Dr. Mike deBoisblanc, head of trauma at John Muir Medical Center, told local station ABC7. “I mean, we’ve seen a year’s worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks.” He added that he thinks “it’s time” to end the state shutdown.
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...utm_term=first
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 11:35 PM   #3694
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

That begs the question of why are suicide attempts up, are people that psychologically fragile that a deviation (such as this pandemic) in their routine lives can send them over the edge?
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 01:27 AM   #3695
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I'm trying to find an English article on what I have heard on the news and what some of my friends have made comments on.

It's about Sweden(again)

The story is that the elderly over 60 were placed at the bottom of the treatment ladder, and the elderly in old age homes were considered as consumables.

I have found article where the Swedish leader for the Swedish Serum Institut Anders Tegnell have rejected this assertion

I found one English article, which is behind a paywall

The headlines in the article

"The treatment of Sweden's old and vulnerable is a 'catastrophe'
Modelling suggests up to 20,000 could die if the virus becomes rampant in care homes"

Markus

I don't know if you are still looking for the above article, but I just clicked on it again and it showed in full without the subscription nag; some of the news sites will often allow free views once some time has passed...:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...e-catastrophe/

<O>
Old 05-25-20, 05:30 AM   #3696
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Japan is lifting its state of emergency, having brought the virus under control - PM Shinzo Abe.

In the UK, a political row is intensifying as PM Boris Johnson defends a key aide who travelled during lockdown.

The US has imposed travel restrictions on foreign nationals who have been in Brazil in the last 14 days.

Cases have grown exponentially in Brazil and it now has the second highest number of cases globally.

Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro has repeatedly downplayed the risks posed by the virus.

Meanwhile the US is nearing the milestone of 100,000 deaths - it already has more than 1.6m cases.

India is resuming domestic flights on Monday after two months of shutdown.

Globally, at least 5.4 million people have been infected and more than 345,000 have died - Johns Hopkins University.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 05:39 AM   #3697
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Germany's economy has been pushed into a recession in the first quarter.
The 2.2% contraction is the steepest since the financial crisis of 2008 and the second-steepest since the country's reunification in 1990.

Gyms and swimming pools reopen in Italy, except in the hardest-hit region of Lombardy. The country has the third-highest recorded death toll from the virus worldwide.

Spain’s two biggest cities, Madrid and Barcelona, both move into phase one of the country’s 3-phase lockdown lifting plan. People can now gather in small groups, while bars and restaurants can serve customers outside. Other parts of the country move to phase two – meaning beaches, businesses and public areas can open more extensively.

Ferry services in Greece resume to all islands and ports, as the government hopes to boost domestic tourism. Cafes and restaurants are also reopening in the country from Monday.

Bars reopen in the Czech Republic – the country with the highest per capita beer consumption in the world – as the country enters its final lockdown easing stage. As well as restaurants, cafes and pubs, the doors are also reopening at primary schools, zoos and castles.

And Ukraine’s capital Kiev has resumed regular service on its metro. According to Johns Hopkins University, the country has confirmed more than 21,000 cases and recorded 623 deaths.

Iran has reopened its major Shia Muslim shrines - including those of Imam Reza in Mashhad and Hazrat Masumeh in Qom - two months after they were closed to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Old 05-25-20, 07:29 AM   #3698
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
...are people that psychologically fragile that a deviation (such as this pandemic) in their routine lives can send them over the edge?

Apparently some people are yes.
Old 05-25-20, 07:56 AM   #3699
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
That begs the question of why are suicide attempts up, are people that psychologically fragile that a deviation (such as this pandemic) in their routine lives can send them over the edge?
IMO our Western societies, and life in them, are extremely neurotic, and so breed according individuals.

Plem-plem. Gaga. Balla-balla.
Old 05-25-20, 09:27 AM   #3700
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna
Cases have grown exponentially in Brazil and it now has the second highest number of cases globally.
Because they live so close together by the millions, mostly poor, so poor they can't afford face mask and with the shut down no jobs, no money, no food.

Same with China, Italy, Spain, New York they all live so close together the virus has no choice but to get into the next person.

South Korea was getting better till they lifted restrictions on the night life bars.

It's Japan that I can't understand they are just now coming out of it.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 09:33 AM   #3701
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

I read somewhere there're 45,000 suicides each year attributed to job loss. I suppose being threatened with fines or imprisonment if you leave your house, loose your job, unable to pay your bills, lose your home, car or family. See your future and life come crashing down around you. Ya I think it can be a little overwhelming for some.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 11:35 AM   #3702
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Dominic Cummings, adviser to UK PM Boris Johnson, is facing calls to resign after he travelled 260 miles during lockdown.

Adviser confirms he drove 30 miles from Durham to Barnard Castle, but says he did so to test his eyesight.

Cummings says he faced 'tricky situation' with childcare but believes he 'behaved reasonably'.

Cummings says he 'did not consider' resigning over lockdown trips.

Old 05-25-20, 06:19 PM   #3703
August
Wayfaring Stranger

New York City has allowed people back onto the beaches but it forbids anyone going into the water.
In Los Angles people are allowed in the water but they cannot loiter on the beach.
Both cities claim to be guided by science.
Old 05-25-20, 07:42 PM   #3704
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

If you've ever seen the waters around New York, then you'd understand that a ban on going into them is/was long overdue...

<O>
Old 05-26-20, 06:09 AM   #3705
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, I would not want to go into the water near NYC either

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan