Uploads: 0

Here's another source of information for the UK peeps on the board:

https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/

There's also another page specifically for Scotland:

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scot...virus-tracker/

Creators Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/TravellingTabby

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 01:33 PM   #4922
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The going of a pandemic and our perception of it basing on counting, are two different nthings, and a pandemci can grow worse while our counting relfects that, or gives a misleading impression about it.

But the hospitals are filling up over here, and a greater number of follow-on health issues gets reported.

So I think the pandemic runs worse again (thats why Israel, Spain, France, Britain and increasingly parts of Germany lock down again partially or completely). The pandemic can growe worse -while our counting intensifies as well and we test more. But we should not conclude from counting more on the pandemic easing.

Its a statistical effect only that you pay too much attention to, Rockstar. If you look closer you see more - thats a platitude.

If I remind on that much of the counted numbers indeed are not counts, but projections that fill up the counting done, so that we have no true counting numbers ever anyway and thus all of the published daily counting in all countries always has been wrong, necessarily so - would anyone conclude from that that the pandemic does not exist and is not real? Hardly.
Old 09-22-20, 01:50 PM   #4923
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

2. Or is it the number of people being tested that has increased which caused the number of confirmed infections to rise?
The percentage of people who test positive is about the same so yes increased testing is increasing the number of confirmed cases.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 02:06 PM   #4924
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Sorry, I never meant to imply the pandemic doesn't exist. It does indeed. I was in my own feeble way just trying to say that as we increase testing we are finding numbers beyond our imagination. I think 13 million people fly out of Wuhan China to international destinations each year. IMO there is no way we could have know when this virus went global. With the increased testing all we are finding out is just how massive this spread was.

I think by the end of August Germany had tested a little over a tenth of its population and is hovering around 277,000 confirmed infections. I'd bet you a frosty Presidente beer if you increased the number of tested you'd find an increase in the number of people infected as well.

Numbers are going up because of increased testing and that media sensationalism of second waves and like garbage is a load crap.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 02:22 PM   #4925
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

(it didn't help going from Chrome to IE11)

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Here's why.

Earlier today a Danish newspaper had a liveblog, where people could ask everything about Corona.

A female asked if it could be right what his elderly brothers doctors have told the family.

Her brother was tested positive for Corona and few days later he died in motorcycle accident.
Now you are thinking his death is in category over dead people in the traffic No he isn't his death is in the Corona statistic.

The answer she got was-yes it's correct this is they way the do it...
So whatever the death cause may be..if a person is Corona positiv it will be the cause of death.

As said don't know if I should laugh or cry when I read about it.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 02:51 PM   #4926
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Markus,

I don't know the rules in Denmark, but in Germany someone who tested positive is put under quarantine (= not allowed to go biking) for at least 10 days and has to take a second test. If the second test is negative, he is officially classified as "recovered". A person that has recovered from COVID19 and dies does not show up in the corona statistics.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 03:21 PM   #4927
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Sorry, I never meant to imply the pandemic doesn't exist. It does indeed. I was in my own feeble way just trying to say that as we increase testing we are finding numbers beyond our imagination. I think 13 million people fly out of Wuhan China to international destinations each year. IMO there is no way we could have know when this virus went global. With the increased testing all we are finding out is just how massive this spread was.

I think by the end of August Germany had tested a little over a tenth of its population and is hovering around 277,000 confirmed infections. I'd bet you a frosty Presidente beer if you increased the number of tested you'd find an increase in the number of people infected as well.

Numbers are going up because of increased testing and that media sensationalism of second waves and like garbage is a load crap.
Oh, I have understood what you meant. But I do not buy it. You declare a poure statistcla effect to defione reality. But the numbers seem to go up in reality, and not just due to c utning, at lasg over here. Moree people flood i8nto thew hospitals again. Why do you think Israel has gone in a seocnd pcokdown, Britian threatsn to poartially lockdown and for the coming 6 moinths, France has bigger problems now than 4 weeks ago and 4 weeks before that, Spain is having iussues, Germany locally is seriously consideirng lockdowns?

On a saide note, the US passes beyond 200,000 kills today, btw. Sad landmark number. Not bad for a pandemic of which Donald just months ago claimed it would not claim more than just some 60 thousand.

---

For the first time ever I saw it that a German mainstream media, online (it was the FOCUS) thius evebing had a top headline on a link about Vitamine D-deficiency and severity of the desease in cas eof ifneciton. Of course not without also the usual unqualified RKI bull comment that warns about how dangerous it is to take Vitamine D and how dangerous it is to overdose and blablabla, but still - a first. FOCUS referred to the Hohenfels study from earlier this summer, so they were late a bit, but at least they brought the story, finally. Usually the anti-supplementation propaganda that we shoud, stick tom our worthless salads is the only thing that gets reported.
Old 09-22-20, 03:41 PM   #4928
Skybird
Soaring

https://www.grassrootshealth.net/

Check it out. Randsom find of mine since I just learned that two of the leading German vitamine experts are engaged there as well.

To get a first estimated idea - not more, not less - of how to tackle your Vitamine D:

https://www.grassrootshealth.net/?po...ts=dcalculator

Note you can/must choose whether or not you know your current level. The desired range is usually given by most experts in the range of 40-60 ng/ml. Don't be shy. There speaks nothing against wanting the 60 ng/ml.
Old 09-22-20, 04:33 PM   #4929
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^I'd sooner go out in a bleeding meadow and munch on the grass before I give any cash to those money making sharks.
Old 09-22-20, 04:43 PM   #4930
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
^I'd sooner go out in a bleeding meadow and munch on the grass before I give any cash to those money making sharks.
https://www.grassrootshealth.net/gra...ege-nutrition/
Old 09-23-20, 04:28 AM   #4931
Skybird
Soaring

Andreas Unterberger (Austria) writes: Three dramas worsten the Corona crisis

Quote:
It has become a common truism: Austria, Europe and the world have plunged into the greatest economic crisis since the end of the world war. While we are therefore anxiously looking at the latest infection figures every day, we are hardly aware of three central developments that are making this crisis even more threatening.

The first is the fact that in almost no country in Europe or in the EU are people at the top who have personal economic experience or such training. If they had that, they wouldn't be so grossly negligent and careless tossing around two, three, even four-digit billions in total, which they conjure up like a rabbit out of their hat. If they had, then they would have agreed the necessary compromises on Brexit at the latest in the corona shock - regardless of interests in detail, pride and power games.

The second is the knowledge that in history absolutely every economic crisis (including those of a smaller dimension) has led to major social and societal upheavals. It is difficult to predict what exactly these faults will look like. In any case, the rule of law, democracy, prosperity and the livelihoods of millions of Europeans will suffer severe damage.

The third is the painful fact that overcoming this economic, social and societal crisis, with all its collateral damage, will finally become impossible if Europe should at the same time intensify the fight against global warming, which, above all for the Greens, is the main threat to the economic crisis has been appointed.

It is already absolutely certain that the green climate war - which is only waged in Europe! - In the medium term, many more people in Europe will lose their jobs and the basis of their livelihoods than the Corona crisis. The already visible effects in the auto industry alone and thus also in all suppliers are enormous and permanently destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs. Many more will disappear if the central demand of the climate activists is to be realized, that is, much higher energy prices. Almost all of this will drive industry out of Europe to countries without a "climate policy". This will therefore have zero impact on the climate, but catastrophic impact on Europe.
https://www.andreas-unterberger.at/2...-corona-krise/
Old 09-23-20, 05:15 AM   #4932
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 05:16 AM   #4933
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-23-20, 05:22 AM   #4934
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

UK PM Boris Johnson has urged people to observe the new coronavirus restrictions announced on Tuesday.

The measures in England and Wales include a 22:00 curfew for pubs and, in Scotland, a ban on households mixing.

The PM warned that the government would go further if the measures were ignored.

A day after Prime Minister Boris Johnson addressed the nation about new coronavirus measures to avoid a second national lockdown, the leader of the opposition will have a chance to respond. Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer will give his "right of reply" at 20:00 BST on BBC One tonight.

Hundreds of students in Dundee have been told to self-isolate following a suspected outbreak in a halls of residence.

US President Donald Trump has described the 200,000 US deaths from coronavirus as “a shame” Speaking at the UN General Assembly, President Trump blamed China for the spread of Covid-19

The latest figures collated by Johns Hopkins University show there have been at least 970,000 deaths from the virus worldwide.

Old 09-23-20, 05:36 AM   #4935
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Isles of Scilly have had their first positive Covid-19 test results. The islands, 28 miles (45km) off Cornwall, had not recorded any cases before Tuesday. The Council of the Isles of Scilly said it had been "informed by public health of positive test results" but it is not known how many cases there have been.

As part of its latest measures to reduce the spread of the virus, Wales is asking people not to travel unless necessary. First Minister Mark Drakeford said that meant visitors from England should avoid travel to Wales unless it was for work or "other important purposes".

Scotland is at "a tipping point" in tackling coronavirus and is taking "tough action" now to avoid a longer period of restrictions later, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has said.

Austria’s VSV consumer association launches a class action lawsuit today on behalf of 6,000 ski tourists who say they caught Covid-19 at Ischgl and other Alpine resorts in late February and early March. Lawyer Alexander Klauser said that “had they been warned. they would not have come to Austria”.

Spain has reported 241 more deaths in 24 hours – the highest number since 6 May – and 10,799 new infections.

France has seen 10,008 new cases in the past 24 hours, and new measures are expected later for Paris in particular.

Eyes in Belgium are on this morning’s security council meeting where the country's unpopular five-person social bubble, in place since July, is likely to be relaxed. They’ve been looking at a colour-coded system for each province which would depend on hospital admissions.

With 4.5 million cases and more than 138,000 fatalities from Covid-19, Brazil is the second worst-hit country in the world in terms of deaths. On Tuesday it recorded 33,536 infections and 836 deaths. Despite this Brazil's government has said football stadiums can open their doors to fans - at 30% capacity at first but that could increase. In Rio de Janeiro's Maracană stadium that would mean 25,000 people in the stands.

Kenyan families will now be able to play active roles in the burial of loved ones who have died from Covid-19 after the authorities relaxed restrictions. Previously families watched from a distance as health officials in full protective gear took over burials.

Israel recorded 6,861 new coronavirus infections on Tuesday - another record high in the country.

Muslims will once again be able to visit the holy city of Mecca for the Umrah pilgrimage, Saudi authorities have announced, seven months after it was suspended because of the pandemic.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan