SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-09, 01:01 AM   #181
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Aramike was a genius. I don’t know how, but somehow he conned a guardian into protecting a player on his recommendation—then Aramike, the hell hound, took them both out! When he PMed me his choice for night 4, he said he was afraid people were on to him. I thought, hell, he’s the most dangerous guy in the game and he’s like the invisible man.
Quote:
Aramike was an obvious ****ing traitor and I had him figured from the moment Gorduz died.
Why on earth it took two more days to lynch him is utterly beyond my thought capacity. Imo, it is not wise for a werewolf to try to pass himself off as a seer in the face of an organized investigative effort.
Ah, yes ... my finest hour. Got Gorduz lynched due to my prodding then I killed Undersea and JCWolf.

And that was a very HASTILY arranged plan B.

Originally, I posted a very cryptic nothing just to see what kind of attention it would grab. Chad first responded, and he made a juicy target. My goal was to make him believe I heard rumors that he was the next target in the hopes that he'd identified a guardian and would compel attention.

Then, Undersea got involved. He made me change my stance from "hearing rumors" to "being damned sure". All of a sudden I had a problem on my hands. Upon Gorduz's death it would be known that I wasn't "seeing" anything.

Luckily, I'd be able to kill 2 of those who'd vote to lynch me right off the bat.

I had hoped to gather information on wolf suspects and guardians in my conversations, but there was nothing. I never intended to fake being a Seer, but Undersea forced my hand. I tried to blame it on him not allowing me to take a day to actually "See", and it worked for a little while.

In the end, my ultimate plan failed. I was hoping to have identified another wolf by then and coordinate our efforts. Undersea had a coordinated thing going (but not effective enough, as I was able to instantaneously divert their attention based solely on my word) and I was concerned about that. If I could have only found another wolf, I would have been able to rip that organized effort apart easily. Also, had I been more patient, I could have let the humans lynch off a few more of their own before I made my move. The risk I saw there was it would be a lot easier to be a suspect the less players there were.

Truthfully, if Undersea hadn't gotten involved, I probably would have gotten Chad + 1 that night and would have quietly begun the lynching process against Gorduz. I probably would have gotten away with it and may have been able to get Undersea + 1 the next turn. My goal was to try to kill 2 humans per night. I think it would have been easy to do so (and ultimately win the game for the wolves) had I just positively identified 1 other wolf.

Finally, I'll never know for sure but I bet I could have talked my way out of the lynching I got on Valentine's Day if I had some time away from the wife to actually try.

PS: I was totally caught off-guard by Letum surviving my attack. I had no idea what to make of that.

Last edited by Aramike; 02-17-09 at 01:11 AM.
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 01:08 AM   #182
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Downloads: 0

I don't think you could have. I was completely convinced of your hellhoundness, through process of elimination (Chad was the final piece) I just didn't want to attract your attention until others got suspicious enough. So I tried to open up links with people in a non-threatening and purposefully unclear fashion. I guess it worked, since the only people to respond were humans.

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!
A Very Super Market is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 01:09 AM   #183
SandyCaesar
Chief

Yeah, the remaining humans were amazing, after the initial spate of wolf deaths. Then, they seemed to home in on Nisgeis without losing a single person. True, they also had two guardians, but zero losses meant that they were pretty awesome in my eyes.

My biggest problem was my own personal time constraints: 0000hrs to 1530hrs, zero computer activity. Sleep and school.

The Inquisition, as UnderseaLcpl said...that actually worried me more than the wolves, seeing that that early in the game the wolves pretty much struck at random, and if I were hit then tough luck. Between the investigatory committee and myself, we exchanged a couple of PMs that apparently ended with myself being "exonerated". I suspect my constant stream of questions in the Q&A thread generated some attention. I'd quickly made up my mind that while the investigation in whole might be a good-faith effort, the risk was very high that individual werewolves might have had it penetrated. (UnderseaLcpl's suspicions about a werewolf conspiracy I found difficult to believe; I just couldn't believe that the wolves could discover each other and then cooperate effectively that early in the game.) It was bad luck that both of the Seers were KIA in the first two days; my hope was that they would individually build their own circles of who to trust, since they were the only ones who could tell for certain. I doubt I was popular with that group, though, having all but accused both Hitman and Oberon. (50% accuracy ain't too bad...right?)

The other high point for me was when I blew up my own boat, with Neal's permission. I was hoping that the blast might injure one of the wolves, or--even better--leave the attacker with identifiable burns, which would be a death sentence once anyone notices. Oberon picked up on that (), but it seems that Hitman was killed the day after, before the thought occurred to anyone.

Beyond that, I regret not being to participate more, but it was fun for what it was worth, causing quite a bit tension for me. Well done, Subsimmers!

Vanvikan, Feb. 2009: ordinary human, KIA, night 4

HMS Thanatus, May 2009: ??? human, KIA, night 7
SandyCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 01:18 AM   #184
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Oh, and this had me laughing my ass off... (referring to Letum)
Quote:
So he woke up and played it crazy, chewing up the scenery in a way that would have made Shatner blush, and promptly got himself shot, thus extinguishing a great source of story potential.
:rotfl:
Old 02-17-09, 01:27 AM   #185
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

If I wasn't posting so much, I could finish that super-post on page 5.

The remaining humans had a huge advantage, what with Nisgeis killing his own teammates and all. And the Guardians. We knew for sure that there were at least 4 humans, and 2 were guardians. As long there wasn't a hellhound left, we were safe (But I didn't tell anyone about Aramike)

To be honest, the investigation flunked when Hitman was involved. It would have been better had he not known all the secrets. Perhaps it was just an RPing choice, with hime being an officer and all. Anyways, I was certain that UnderseaLcpl was a human, but not of Chad or Hitman. But then UnderseaLcpl died, and Chad seemed like the only one with any information and I tried to protect him as long as possible. It didn't go too well, since he didn't really have anything.

I never did trust Hitman, but he didn't get any info on me, as far as I know.

FIREWALL, it seemed at first that Penelope was a werewolf and trying to shift the blame on him. He ended up looking a bit suspicious, but not with any certainty, but it didn't matter since he went AWOL and didn't kill anyone.

Penelope was very suspicious at first. The theatrics were well-thought-out, but seemed like it was trying to avoid the subject. Kinda wrong there. Anyways, I didn't have any real evidence on her, and she ended up taking control of the game at the end, and seemed to have all the werewolves figured out, so suspicions were lifted.

mookiemookie flew under the radar for a while. I barely noticed him until the Chad incident. What I do want to know is why he protected me in the first place.

Laufen zum Ziel started out the game really, since he was the only one to accuse anybody at first. Shame he died so early, he seemed like he had his stuff.

Yes, the seers had a really bad game. Nokia did get a werewolf, but he died early.

Task Force was a tricky one. He had so many posts I thought he was just RPing the heck out of the game. He also went after me on Night 2. Why?

JCwolf was... kinda creepy. I sort of thought he was a werewolf, but sorta didn't, because it seemed too obvious. Then I thought he was trying some reverse-psychology. Scared the hell out of me.

That's all for now.

Old 02-17-09, 01:36 AM   #186
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

@ Aramike I knew you were a clever bastard. I should have had you interrogated and shot before anyone else. Should we play this game again, you'll be the first to die

@ A Very Super Market

I have yet to recieve an answer as to how in the hell Aramike survived the day after I was killed. I told you that Chad was trustworthy, did you not trust me?
&^%#^%#*$^*)&^%)&# we could have got that sorry $*&^%*(&^%
Seriously, what the hell happened to get Letum lynched instead?
Still, you did an amazing job. Absolutely amazing. You did the rest of us proud.

@SandyCaesar

I threatened pretty much everyone I questioned with immediate death. It was just a way to force them into saying something that would either be credible or work against you later. A lot of cross-interrogation was taking place on my end. In truth, you were never a suspect, though I did consider you as a possible recruit for the investigation, before my untimely death.
There were no informers, and you were never suspect.

@ All

I have learned a bit from this experience. Next time, my investigation will not be a phantom threat, but a real force to be reckoned with. So beware, future werewolves

I stole this sig from Task Force
UnderseaLcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 01:49 AM   #187
SandyCaesar
Chief

I take it that Aramike did most of his maneuvers behind the scenes, then? I never got a single hint that he was a hellhound. BTW, how did you manage to convince everyone to hit Gorduz? For that matter, how did you know to target him? Must've been some first-class action on your part.

Hitman...I curse myself for missing him, his first "seer" call on Contact should've directed me to him immediately. I pointed this out to the committee, but as Hitman was on it I didn't get anything done...and by the time I got my "posthumous letter" out, it was too late.

As for the rest, I never suspected them. Although, I can see how not attacking all the time can psychologically screw everyone up: for most of the time, I thought there were only three wolves. It was a nasty shock to discover a total of five.

Old 02-17-09, 02:00 AM   #188
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Hmm... the way I think it is, it really is better to be a seer when you start these inquisitions. You didn't know about Hitman did you?

As I remember, no one except for Oberon voted for Aramike on Letum's execution day. So I decided not to make myself a target. No use anyways, it wasn't like anyone would believe me.

And I eventually did trust Chad, though it was the colonel's underling that betrayed us. I was guarding him that night. You also told me to trust Hitman, I think. Can't find the PM yet.

I suspected Aramike to be a werewolf on the night UnderseaLcpl died, but I also guessed that JCwolf was guarding him, so I decided to guard Chad instead. Better choice. Then when both of you died, I assumed that Aramike was the hellhound.

Sandycaesar, maybe you just weren't too deep into this, but the investigation had basically all the Heer personnel in it. That was where our votes came from.

And the five wolves was a definite suprise for me. That meant that even if we lynched one a day, they could still win the game.

BTW Neal, what would you have written if the wolves had won? And not the Grey Wolves

Old 02-17-09, 02:01 AM   #189
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Quote:
I take it that Aramike did most of his maneuvers behind the scenes, then? I never got a single hint that he was a hellhound. BTW, how did you manage to convince everyone to hit Gorduz? For that matter, how did you know to target him? Must've been some first-class action on your part.
Yeah, it was pretty much all behind-the-scenes. However, I tried to not initiate contact with anyone who'd be able to organize against me. My thought was that, if I kept myself publically cryptic, the key players would come to me.

I guess I figured that behaviors were better signs of the truth than words. Thusly, I did my best to solicit behaviors (which manifest themselves as words but you know what I mean).

As for Gorduz, frankly after Undersea got involved I was kind of hoping that he would "lose" the lynch vote. Ultimately, though, I was forced to stake my reputation on it - a move which I would have to backtrack from.

The reason I chose him was simple: he was quiet enough that he wouldn't make a big stink about it. The way I originally saw it, if I could indirectly manipulate him into getting lynched and he was indeed a human, score. If he happened to turn out to be a werewolf, then - quite frankly - double score.

Think about it: I was the Hellhound. If I could just stumble upon getting ONE werewolf killed by my advice, people would have perceived me to be a Seer. Then, every night I could just claim that anyone is a Human (with good odds) and have killed with impunity.

If Gorduz was a WW, it was game over. In any case, it was win-win for me.
Old 02-17-09, 02:04 AM   #190
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Oh, and one final thing: Neal - Great idea for a game, and thanks for running it!
Old 02-17-09, 02:15 AM   #191
Chad
ACE

Downloads: 60

One thing is for sure, Aramike did a great job throwing us off his track, and Hitman did really well hiding his Identity. I'm surprised Hitman didn't take me out earlier when I promised him control over the camp and village if I was to perish.

I honestly thought Contact was a werewolf, his disappearance that first night, and Penelope's story about how is election was rigged totally threw me off I'm sorry Contact..

Early in the game, infact after i had to google what an Oberst was, I PM'd Neal and mentioned I didn't feel like an Oberst, and that I felt like I was in charge of a POW camp, ya know, like the one from Hart's War, or Stalag 17. That would explain my cockiness and ordering around, I'm really not like that
Old 02-17-09, 02:18 AM   #192
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCaesar
When I first began questioning Aramike, I did the same thing I did with everyone else. I told him that he was a prime suspect and that he was next in line for the firing squad. Mayor Contact's execution was my evidence.
Somehow, he thought that pretending to be a seer would benefit him. He then accused Gorduz of being a werewolf. Obviously, if Gorduz was not a werewolf, Aramike would be lying and therefore either a worthless liar or a traitor.

I said as much to the rest of the Kamp Letze Jagd personnel that comprised the investigation. My reasoning to them was that either we have a seer and a werwolf, or we have an innocent victim, an example to the rest, and a lying traitor. I provided the others with transcripts of Aramike's testimony, as well.
To be honest, there were a few moments of doubt during that day's voting period. Chad, A Very Super Market, and Oberon waited until the last second to cast their votes. So I took it upon myself to contact several others and change tried to change their votes. Weiss Pinguin voted for Gorduz after I told him that he would draw the attention of the investigation if he voted otherwise, because of Neal's scripted implication that he might have made Letum into a werewolf. JCWolf changed his vote after I asked him what the hell he thought he was doing by making himself an obvious candidate for lynching. I also contacted others, including stabiz and mookiemookie (I think)
End result, the obvious candidate for the day gets off scott-free and the power of the inquisition is emphasized. I also earned the trust of JCWolf, right before we were both horribly dismembered.
Oh, I almost forgot. I also told several people that Gorduz was the prime reason for the lynching of Contact, even though that was completely untrue. I never spoke to the guy. I was just using him to figure out Aramike.

Quote:
Hitman...I curse myself for missing him, his first "seer" call on Contact should've directed me to him immediately. I pointed this out to the committee, but as Hitman was on it I didn't get anything done...and by the time I got my "posthumous letter" out, it was too late.
I had no indication that any of those events had taken place. Hitman was concealing information.

Quote:
As for the rest, I never suspected them. Although, I can see how not attacking all the time can psychologically screw everyone up: for most of the time, I thought there were only three wolves. It was a nasty shock to discover a total of five
Really, I didn't fare much better. The second that Aramike claimed to be a seer, all of my attention was on him, for the reasons previously mentioned.
My next targets for interrogation were Penelope Grey, Weiss Pinguin, and Firewall.
I questioned Firewall once already, but he was totally useless, so assuming that I had lived, I probably would have had him shot next just for being uninformative and annoying

Old 02-17-09, 02:26 AM   #193
SandyCaesar
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderseaLcpl
I had no indication that any of those events had taken place. Hitman was concealing information.
Here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=254

That alone should've pointed to him after Contact turned out not to be a werewolf. It seemed that everyone, myself included, missed that point to grill him.

Old 02-17-09, 02:28 AM   #194
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
One thing is for sure, Aramike did a great job throwing us off his track, and Hitman did really well hiding his Identity. I'm surprised Hitman didn't take me out earlier when I promised him control over the camp and village if I was to perish
You made Hitman your second? That's in complete noncompliance with the instructions I issued for choosing a second. Why would you make another analyzer your second? That does us no good at all

Quote:
I honestly thought Contact was a werewolf, his disappearance that first night, and Penelope's story about how is election was rigged totally threw me off I'm sorry Contact..
You are the worst Oberst, ever:rotfl:

Quote:
Early in the game, infact after i had to google what an Oberst was, I PM'd Neal and mentioned I didn't feel like an Oberst, and that I felt like I was in charge of a POW camp, ya know, like the one from Hart's War, or Stalag 17. That would explain my cockiness and ordering around, I'm really not like that
No kidding. That's why I pegged you as trustworthy from the start. I even told you who my second was, against my own regulations.

Old 02-17-09, 02:31 AM   #195
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCaesar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderseaLcpl
Here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=254

That alone should've pointed to him after Contact turned out not to be a werewolf. It seemed that everyone, myself included, missed that point to grill him.

I do remember that message. It came right before I began interrogating Contact and I totally ignored it.