SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-10, 03:59 PM   #61
wamphyri
Lieutenant

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion_Prime View Post
Yes. I achieved "best" results with these settings:

Elevation
start: 0.8
end: 6

But on many angles it still misses a lot.

For the single barrel I use

Traverse end: 4.799
Elevation end: 6.751

Works quite good.

Interesting. I have 4.8 (same as yours basically) .. but elevation I have 5.8. I tried your settings and I was shooting way over the top of the plane. But with either setting I notice they'll sometimes keep firing in one spot instead of tracking the plane .. or they'll track the plane improperly firing at the wrong angle, it's almost like the AI gets stuck then it'll get unstuck and start to track properly. I see this more with the double barrel 20mm's.
wamphyri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 08:49 AM   #62
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

I correcly installed your mod. But the aircraft still remain reluctant to attack me most of the time.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 09:11 AM   #63
Therion_Prime
Helmsman

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamphyri View Post
Interesting. I have 4.8 (same as yours basically) .. but elevation I have 5.8. I tried your settings and I was shooting way over the top of the plane. But with either setting I notice they'll sometimes keep firing in one spot instead of tracking the plane .. or they'll track the plane improperly firing at the wrong angle, it's almost like the AI gets stuck then it'll get unstuck and start to track properly. I see this more with the double barrel 20mm's.
More likely it is 5.751 and I misread my ugly handwriting.
Therion_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 09:43 AM   #64
wamphyri
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
I correcly installed your mod. But the aircraft still remain reluctant to attack me most of the time.
Right now the small airbases around britain (the most common type around britain) send out 2 different hurricanes. One will attack you the other will not. They will both report your position so if you get a fly over expect more planes to show up.
Old 03-19-10, 10:10 AM   #65
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Was just transiting the Shetland Orkney gap.
Aircraft spotted, crash dive.
Came slowly up to periscope depth.
Aircraft still there (he must have seen me before I got under), I thought I'd stick around and see what happened, and kept observing him through the scope.
Guess what - he made several strafing runs at my periscope!
Then for the rest of the day loads of his mates kept showing up.
Excellent work Wamphyri
Much better than stock.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 10:49 AM   #66
wamphyri
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergei View Post
Was just transiting the Shetland Orkney gap.
Aircraft spotted, crash dive.
Came slowly up to periscope depth.
Aircraft still there (he must have seen me before I got under), I thought I'd stick around and see what happened, and kept observing him through the scope.
Guess what - he made several strafing runs at my periscope!
Then for the rest of the day loads of his mates kept showing up.
Excellent work Wamphyri
Much better than stock.
thanks. Tho i'm not happy with the plane's AI atm. If you get detected and don't submerge and get away they will stay until they run out of fuel and fall into the ocean. Maybe that's why only the level bombers were set to attack in stock. I wouldn't put it past ubisoft to just work around a bug they didn't feel like fixing.
Old 03-19-10, 12:47 PM   #67
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Right now the small airbases around britain (the most common type around britain) send out 2 different hurricanes. One will attack you the other will not. They will both report your position so if you get a fly over expect more planes to show up.
Yes indeed more aircraft come and take a peek. But they are not bothered to attack me anyway. But hey there collegues from the royal navy dont do a much better job anyway.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 07:54 PM   #68
wamphyri
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
Yes indeed more aircraft come and take a peek. But they are not bothered to attack me anyway. But hey there collegues from the royal navy dont do a much better job anyway.
I get the same thing. Sometimes you can go days in game without being attacked.. then sometimes you can go days with only being attacked

I haven't found anything that determines what the AI decides to send up, it just seems random.
Old 03-28-10, 06:14 PM   #69
TheBlobThing
Soundman

Downloads: 39

Well, problems aside, at least I was attacked by aircraft for the first time today! Was quite a shock. I was so used to ignoring the planes that I just ran to the bridge to see what he was going to do with your mod. Suddenly these awful sounds of bullets hitting metal were all around me! It was near the straits of Dover too, so no crash diving. It actually took me several seconds to decide a depth and order it because I was stunned.
Old 03-28-10, 06:25 PM   #70
wamphyri
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlobThing View Post
Well, problems aside, at least I was attacked by aircraft for the first time today! Was quite a shock. I was so used to ignoring the planes that I just ran to the bridge to see what he was going to do with your mod. Suddenly these awful sounds of bullets hitting metal were all around me! It was near the straits of Dover too, so no crash diving. It actually took me several seconds to decide a depth and order it because I was stunned.
Glad you enjoyed it

There's going to be a new version very soon with my latest changes. There's not a lot of changes coming up but some of them take forever to test properly but some of them will come as a bit of a shock to ppl
Old 03-28-10, 06:37 PM   #71
TheBlobThing
Soundman

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed it

There's going to be a new version very soon with my latest changes. There's not a lot of changes coming up but some of them take forever to test properly but some of them will come as a bit of a shock to ppl
Awesome! Can't wait.
Old 03-28-10, 08:11 PM   #72
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
but some of them will come as a bit of a shock to ppl
Don't tell me you got 'em dropping torpedoes....
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 02:16 AM   #73
lumat83
Frogman

Downloads: 121

During my last missions around the GB coasts, I had some the aircrafts who attacked me many times during the night.

Is it realistic ? I don't think, but I would like to have your opinion.

Maybe something to do for correct this problem (if there is a problem, of course)

Luc
lumat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 05:03 AM   #74
wamphyri
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumat83 View Post
During my last missions around the GB coasts, I had some the aircrafts who attacked me many times during the night.

Is it realistic ? I don't think, but I would like to have your opinion.

Maybe something to do for correct this problem (if there is a problem, of course)

Luc
From what I hear it's not realistic and that's one thing that will be in the next version. I'm not going to turn night flight off completely but a plane now has a chance of flying at night is 50% .. i'm going to change it to 10% or maybe even 5%.

@7thseal - I wish .. I so very wish. I spent 2 days solid trying to get it to work. The AI does not like torpedoes at all and each plane that had one equipped would fly off far away then circle the same area and gradually plunge into the sea.
Old 03-29-10, 05:42 AM   #75
lumat83
Frogman

Downloads: 121

Yes, I think 5-10% will be better, more realistic
lumat83 is offline   Reply With Quote