SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-23, 09:04 AM   #31
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Miss Universe owner files for bankruptcy days before this year's pageant after accepting trans contestants and just a year after Thai tycoon and activist Anne Jakrajutatip bought organization for $20m

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ation-20m.html

Idiots and their money.
Old 11-15-23, 12:30 PM   #32
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Plane forced to return to airport after horse escapes on board

https://news.sky.com/story/plane-for...board-13008688

And they're off!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-23, 07:51 AM   #33
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Officials Find Michigan Woman Trapped Inside Toilet Over 1 Stinkin' Gadget

Quote:
BAGLEY TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A woman was rescued Tuesday from an outhouse toilet in northern Michigan after she climbed in to retrieve her Apple Watch and became trapped.

The woman, whose name was not released, lowered herself inside the toilet after dropping the watch at the Department of Natural Resources boat launch at Dixon Lake in Otsego County’s Bagley Township, state police said Wednesday in a release.

First responders were called when the woman was heard yelling for help. The toilet was removed and a strap was used to haul the woman out.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/michi...b084e6f869cd34

Old 11-17-23, 05:56 PM   #34
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
If the horse was able to escape the stall it should be alright?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 11-17-23 at 06:09 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-23, 07:30 PM   #35
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Though this article was written two years ago, I’m not sure if anything besides talk has actually been done about it yet. But did you know the trash the E.U. and U.S. sent over seas to be processed was just dumped back into ocean or just strewn about?

Worst part of this story was it took over 2 decades for those illustrious investigative journalists to cover it. So back in the 90s when we got our recycling bin from the city, turns out they were just shipping our trash worldwide.

This is why you should never trust your government, or those bleeding heart liberal environmentalists.

EU eyes tighter waste rules to limit countries shipping trash abroad
By Kate Abnett

November 17, 202112:17 PM EST

Updated 2 years ago

https://www.reuters.com/business/env...ad-2021-11-17/

Quote:
BRUSSELS, Nov 17 (Reuters) - The European Commission on Wednesday proposed a revamp of EU rules on waste shipments to make it harder for member states to offload their trash into poorer countries.

The proposed legislation, which needs approval from European Union countries and the European parliament, is part of Brussels' plan to reduce pollution and ensure materials like plastic, textiles and metals are reused and recycled, rather than thrown away.

"The goal is to make the EU take a greater responsibility for the waste it produces. That's not the case today and that's what needs to change," said EU environment policy chief Virginijus Sinkevicius.

The EU exported around 33 million tonnes of waste last year, around half of which went to poorer non-OECD countries with weaker waste management rules than in the EU - effectively shipping EU pollution abroad.

"Just think about all that plastic litter that comes from bad waste management," Sinkevicius said.

Under the proposal, a non-OECD country would need to notify Brussels that it wants to receive EU waste shipments, and prove it can treat the waste in an environmentally sound manner. If the country can do that, EU states can ship their waste there.

Waste exports to OECD countries would also face EU monitoring, and Brussels could suspend them if, after concerns are raised about such exports causing pollution in a certain country, there is insufficient evidence that the country can sustainably manage them.

EU companies would need to carry out independent audits for non-EU facilities to which they send waste, the Commission said, to prove they can treat the waste sustainably.

The EU proposal aims to push the 27 member countries to improve their capacity to reuse and process waste at home.

It would simplify rules for waste shipments within the EU, to help ensure plastic, paper, iron and steel can reach European recycling facilities. Brussels also wants more powers to investigate illegal waste shipments, it said.

The metals recycling industry has criticised the EU proposal, saying it treats plastic waste washing up on beaches and high-quality metal that goes into smelters the same way.

"They are comparing apples with oranges," said European Metal Recycling's Murat Bayram, adding that added red tape to export scrap metal would hurt the industry by preventing excess material from reaching end markets where they are needed.

Reporting by Kate Abnett, additional reporting by Zandi Shabalala; editing by Mark Heinrich, Kirsten Donovan

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-23, 12:45 AM   #36
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Officials Find Michigan Woman Trapped Inside Toilet Over 1 Stinkin' Gadget
No $hit, Apple should make an ad off that. "What people are willing to do for love of our products"
Old 11-18-23, 08:39 AM   #37
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
The burning question has to be....did it have a pilots licence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
No $hit, Apple should make an ad off that. "What people are willing to do for love of our products"
I smell a rat

Old 11-18-23, 10:40 AM   #38
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

And they're off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

Groan. That pun was so bad, I wished I had thought of it.
Old 11-18-23, 01:10 PM   #39
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Boeing 787 lands on frozen Antarctic runway

A Boeing 787 made an icy landing at the Troll Airfield in Queen Maud Land, Antarctic.

On board were 45 researchers and 12 tonnes of research equipment, sent to the area as part of the Norwegian Polar Institute's operations in the area.

It's the largest passenger plane to have ever landed on the continent, the Institute said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-67465190

Old 11-19-23, 12:25 AM   #40
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
The largest passenger plane to have ever landed on the continent, the Institute said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-67465190
Largest??/\ ...the sightseeing New Zealand DC 10-30 that "landed" at Mt Erebus was bigger than a Boeing 787. There are only two types landings: good ones you walk away from; and bad ones you don't! 257 passengers and crew all died on 11/28/1979...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-23, 07:12 AM   #41
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Project Eagle X

Drones could be first to emergencies and crime scenes if trial to use them as first responders is successful
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-scenes.html

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-23, 08:55 AM   #42
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Man takes venomous snake home to show children, ends up in hospital

https://news.sky.com/story/man-hospi...ldren-13004609

Old 11-19-23, 08:58 AM   #43
Moonlight
Admiral

EXCLUSIVE Inside Britain's 'Frankenstein' lab: MailOnline goes behind-the-scenes to see how scientists can 3D-print BODY PARTS

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ODY-PARTS.html

Wow, the celebrities being born about now will be jumping all over this technology, I can just see them now, waking up and saying "I Want A New Pair Of Tits, And Ask Them If They've Perfected Those New Heads Yet" yes M'lady I'll give them a call right away, or the male celebrity, "I want A Bigger Weapon And Balls Of Steel, See To It Simpson" yes Master, I'll give them a ring right away.

Lets not forget, that if we hadn't been held back by Religion and the Thirst for War, we would have had this technology hundreds of years ago. Medical Science as well as all the other Sciences would have had astronauts visiting the other Solar Planets before we had even been born.

Does that make our Politicians a set of Murdering Bastards?, of course it does.
Old 11-19-23, 09:40 AM   #44
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Another spotless giraffe has been discovered — this time, on a reserve in Namibia

A baby reticulated giraffe at a Tennessee zoo made international headlines last month when word got out that she was born without her spots. It was thought to be the only living giraffe in the world to hold the title — that is, until a wild spotless giraffe was, well, spotted at a reserve in Africa.

The Giraffe Conservation Foundation announced in a Monday news release that the spotless giraffe was found roaming around the Mount Etjo Safari Lodge, a private game reserve in Namibia. The foundation says the Angolan giraffe is the first ever spotless giraffe found in the wild.
https://www.npr.org/2023/09/12/11988...iraffe-namibia

Old 11-20-23, 07:28 AM   #45
Moonlight
Admiral

Manhunt under way after suspected terror cell cross the Channel to the UK on a small boat then vanish

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mall-boat.html

How many other Suspected Terrorists have come here illegally since the invasion began?, this was always going to happen and the authorities knew it.