http://shahamat-english.com/

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 06:33 PM   #2
Harald_Lange
Ensign

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Boasting about blowing up our boys with IED's, real courageous stuff.
Harald_Lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 06:48 PM   #3
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

I'm not sure I want to press that link....
Old 02-23-12, 07:21 PM   #4
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
I'm not sure I want to press that link....
Same here
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 07:32 PM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

"I don't want to set the world on fire,
I just want to start
a flame in your heart..."

Primitives they ever have been, primitives they ever will be. Maybe dangerous, maybe ruthless, maybe brutal primitives - but still primitives all the way. The living evidence that evolution also can lead into dead ends.
Old 02-23-12, 07:40 PM   #6
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Looks like a perfect target for a DDoS attack.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 07:59 PM   #7
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

FBI website trolling for jihadi suckers.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 08:07 PM   #8
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald_Lange View Post
Boasting about blowing up our boys with IED's, real courageous stuff.
And news "boasting" about coalition troops killing this and that guy with a drone is different how?

I loathe the terrorists as much as the next guy, but I've never understood the
"Oh they are cowards" attitude. If someone is there to hunt you and you simply
don't have the means to fight in the open, then you go guerrilla warfare on his
arse. Simple as that. (they're still a-holes, tho )
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 10:19 PM   #9
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

War is war if it is wrong for them to boast about killing our troops then we cant boast about ours killing theirs.True they chose to use IEDs but that is the most coast effective weapon available to them.Any sniper is going to shoot a person who has no idea that he is there and a submarine aims to sneak up on his foes.

I agree with Dowly killing an enemy with a hellfire missile in some air conditioned room on the other side of the planet is not very courageous either.An IED is not really any different than a land mine or an RPG for that matter.My dad told me how in Vietnam while on recon patrols they would take empty C-ration cans when deep in enemy controlled territory and line them with cloth so that a hand grenade could have its pin pulled and the spoon held in place while it was slid into the can then they would leave it on the ground with other trash for the resourceful VC to pick the C-ration and Bam!(the VC and NVA often used C-ration to set up trip wires thye used the cans to hold the grenade) Both sides in Vietnam NVA sappers where so good they sometimes crawled up and would flip the claymores around along a perimeter so that they would kill the one triggering them Elite Us forces also very often set up "L" ambushes with several calymores most times the claymores killed everyone the enemy had as much of a chance as an IED victim dose.Some IEDs are set off by pressure those the victim or his vehicle sets off the IED the other type is set off by an observer he will be with closer than the drone pilot to his victim and both will give no fair warning. Warfare is about violence of action.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 10:31 PM   #10
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

I agree but there are reasons enough to call the Taliban cowards. For one thing using civilians as shields. A real man protects his family, he does not use them as self mobile sandbags. IMO of course...

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 10:45 PM   #11
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
A real man protects his family, he does not use them as self mobile sandbags.
Or as talking smart bombs.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 10:51 PM   #12
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Well I never said that they where not cowards just that some of their tactics are no different than anyone else.

I read in the book "Apache" by a Royal Army Air Corps AH-64(these birds have outstanding optical capabilities for those that do not know) pilot about his time in Afghanistan he mentioned once how his chopper was supporting some Royal Marines he was using the 30mm cannon to suppress Taliban positions in the heat of the battle he noticed one dragging another wounded up to this house that they(both sides) knew was occupied by civilians trying to hide the Taliban decided to kick the door in and forced the people out and drags his buddy insdie the entire time the Brits can nothing without also killing the civies if they fire the 30mm cannon with its HE shells.So they decided to fly away as if they where departing the area trick the two Taliban to leave the house it worked like a charm the came back and find wounded Taliban and his pal trying to hide behind a truck they sent a few dozen 30mm shells courtesy of her majesty and blew the tow Taliban to paradise in several dozen pieces some Royal Marines found one of the arms 1000 meters away from the truck.Cowards get what they deserve sooner or latter.

Also many Taliban fighters are foreign to Afghanistan or the region they are fighting in so most times they are not using their family in cough cough Pakistan as a shield they are using an innocent by standers family.My brother told me many stories of how locals would come up to speak to the unit CO and officers asking for help and dropping the dime on Taliban fighters most times it was good information.
Old 02-23-12, 10:56 PM   #13
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Clowns? The Taliban are winning. They have survived the onslaught of our forces. We took our eyes off the prize and allowed them to escape and reorganize. They have not managed not only to re-emerge in Afghanistan, but to take steps towards legitimizing themselves though talks with the Karzai regime. They have placed themselves in a position to bide their time while we (the US) close up operations in Afghanistan. We won't be there forever, and they know it.

Call them what you will, but those clowns are kicking our backsides. They are indeed bad people, but those bad people are winning the war.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 11:04 PM   #14
Stealhead
Navy Seal

From a political stand point perhaps but not from a military standpoint the situation is very complex there are dozens of different tribal groups that dislike each other greatly not every Afghan likes the Taliban some hate both the Taliban and the US/NATO some are drug traffickers and have 3 enemies,NATO,Taliban and Iranian border guards.The Taliban IEDs in many regions wind up killing innocent Afghans and that makes them very unpopular in many places.

Karzai is nothing more than the mayor of Kabul his has no real power just because his regime says something does not mean that the populace agrees with it.
Old 02-24-12, 12:35 AM   #15
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

I call them clowns because its the nicest thing I could call them How they have a website, is beyond me!

How they fight a war doesn't mean a whole lot me, you see it in the news everyday. Using young boys under the age of 12, as suicide bombers speaks volumes on how useless to society they really are. Their tirbal mentality and tribal laws show how far down on the evolutionary ladder they are. A caveman on meth would act more civilized then they ever could!

I'm way passed caring about whats going on in Afghanistan. The only thing I look forward to is when we stop sending money to Karzai, and our troops come home!

Why should we help a country whose so called tribal laws condone this-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-attacker.html

And do a search on a recent court case in Canada, parents using their tribal laws to perform an honor killing of their daughter, because she was starting date a western boy, and hearing her mother call her a whore, and that she should be killed (In which her Father actually carried out the murder) for that.There is a guy here in the States who is being hunted for the same thing, but he killed all his daughters! I believe there were 3 of them.

Yeah, they are clowns and a whole lot worse!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote