Closed Thread

Old 04-08-22, 05:45 AM   #2986
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Black lives matter was the answer to the killing of foremost black people, an answer and demonstration against racial hate of some policemen, with an underlying systemic problem it seems; and this reaction was "somehow" understandable, don't you think so?
No. In spirit BLM made sense. But the moment it resorts to murder and mayhem then no. It loses all credibility and shows itself for what it really is. Just another gang of thugs like Antifa. And I find it hard to believe that anyone who believes in a Liberal society would support that kind of 'protest'.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 04-08-22, 05:52 AM   #2987
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Lives matter, no matter the colour.

As long as the owner of said life does not dispise the life of others.

I never liked the slogan "BLM", therefore. Blacks are not more of worth than whites, browns, yellows, reds, pinks and invisible ones.

Having a skin color is not a merit that ennobles you. (Same for sexual orientation, btw: "Gay pride" makes no sense to me, slogans like this are intellectual duds for me.)

edit:
arent we in the wrong thread for this...?
Old 04-08-22, 07:11 AM   #2988
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
No. In spirit BLM made sense. But the moment it resorts to murder and mayhem then no. It loses all credibility and shows itself for what it really is. Just another gang of thugs like Antifa. And I find it hard to believe that anyone who believes in a Liberal society would support that kind of 'protest'.
I was not in the US when these protests got out of hand, i was seeing this via tv, papers, internet.
We always hear that there is no racism, a thing of the past, we got over it... bullsh!t. It is everywhere, not only in the US, but there was a bit too much shooting at black people with video and internet evidence to ignore it. So yes in spirit BLM makes sense because this slogan reminds the people that there is racial bias, more black people killed in relation, wanting to remind the world that black lives ALSO MATTER. It never meant that ONLY black lives matter, as the usual suspects immediately perpetrated, but that they ALSO do.

Next are demonstrations with the usual rabble rousers walking along with the initially peaceful organisers, abusing them for hiding in the masses and create some action. How much demonstrations have we seen where the organisers tried to get rid of the aggressive idiots and looters and drive them out of their marching blocks. Never saw this on Breitbart and Fox? Too bad.

What certain people wanted was to condemn all the demonstrations, to divert from the real problem and re-install the usual propaganda in the people's minds of blacks and leftists looting.
What a ... will come to that later –

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-08-22, 07:32 AM   #2989
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
Yes and it would seem if i'm going to hang around the briar patch.I have two choices, jump in and get scratched or learn to keep my fingers under control. I hope you are doing well up there, Spring and Summer is around the corner and i bet it's going to be beautiful in your neck of the woods.Tks.August

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 04-08-22, 08:32 AM   #2990
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
What certain people wanted was to condemn all the demonstrations, to divert from the real problem and re-install the usual propaganda in the people's minds of blacks and leftists looting.
What a ... will come to that later –
One billion dollars damage and twenty people killed during the 2020 George Floyd 'protests'. And the results. No change what so ever. In a civilized, progressive, liberal society social change is never brought about by violence regardless of the cause. Stop making excuses for it. If the leaders of BLM want to change things they need to get elected.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 04-08-22, 08:51 AM   #2991
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

How about we get back on topic....

Old 04-08-22, 09:51 AM   #2992
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Gettin'back on topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
edit:
arent we in the wrong thread for this...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
How about we get back on topic....
Indeed! The next post must have the word(s) Putin, Russian, or war criminal in it!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 04-08-22, 10:21 AM   #2993
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Russia removed from UN Human Rights Council after Ukraine atrocities

https://www.foxnews.com/world/un-sus...il-ukraine-war
Old 04-08-22, 10:29 AM   #2994
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

I already sweated for my country who you think pays for all this aid and hardware going over every American that pays taxes that who I'm sure your right about Russia and China doing the net crap but then I'm sure we are too ones who calls for fighting should be first ones up if NATO gets attacked then go all in no problem but it's a loose loose situation for America going get blame for everything anyway
Old 04-08-22, 11:03 AM   #2995
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Old 04-08-22, 11:22 AM   #2996
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Read somewhere that Australia have decided to send lethal aid to Ukraine

Quote:
Australia will send a further $26.5 million in military aid for Ukraine in the form of anti-armour weapons and ammunition.
https://www.aap.com.au/news/australi...sia-sanctions/

Edit
Going off topic
Since it has to do with WWIII I post it here
When did WWII Start In my opinion it started Sept. 3rd the prolog to WWII Started Sept. 1 st(When Germany invaded Poland)

Why I ask Someone has put up some equation where the sum is 68 in all World Wars
And they have put up Sept. 1st as start of the war. Maybe you seen it ?
End edit

Markus

My little lovely female cat

Last edited by mapuc; 04-08-22 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-08-22, 01:51 PM   #2997
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
Impressive, I applaude the man, and fullheartly agree with evertyhing he said.

Only at around minute 5:00 he said something like that Russia will be willing to escalate or stay dangerous for as long as Putin is there. I can only warn, warn again, and warn more against this perception of that without Putin Russia will change for the better. IT WILL NOT. This one war maybe will be given up, but Russia's acting and behaviour will not fundamentally change. However, I fear, that Western politicians rather sooner than later will be prone again to listen to and believe in sweet lies about a better future, friendship, beign partners and all that bull.
Old 04-08-22, 02:14 PM   #2998
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

When I was getting ready for work this morning the news said Russia admitted to a war crime but didn't catch any of it anyone know anything about that
Old 04-08-22, 02:32 PM   #2999
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
When did WWII Start In my opinion it started Sept. 3rd the prolog to WWII Started Sept. 1 st(When Germany invaded Poland)
Depends on the point of view. You could argue the to dates for the war in Europe (1st/3rd Sept 1939). You could also easily point out to the start of the Sino-Japanese war (Marco Polo Bridge Incident on 7 July 1937 or Mukden Incident 18 September 1931). But it's also valid to say that the war didn't become a global war until Pearl Harbor on 7 December 1941.

Quote:
Why I ask Someone has put up some equation where the sum is 68 in all World Wars
And they have put up Sept. 1st as start of the war. Maybe you seen it ?
End edit

Markus
Sorry to put it in harsh words: that's esoteric hogwash.
Old 04-08-22, 03:06 PM   #3000
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
One billion dollars damage and twenty people killed during the 2020 George Floyd 'protests'. And the results. No change what so ever. In a civilized, progressive, liberal society social change is never brought about by violence regardless of the cause. Stop making excuses for it. If the leaders of BLM want to change things they need to get elected.
I have nothing to object here. But promoting this idea and chances to be elected.. good luck with that.
It is more hip to scrap with a political opponent than to improve society and care for the real issues.
And with why this happens here we are back to Putin..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread